whats your story? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > whats your story?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 02-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

whats your story?

I started this thread to share my story and I wanna hear others.
It's started three months before I turned sixteen. I was looking for a truck when I saw her! 98 dark red TJ five speed with 2.5L engine. all I know about jeep was the doors came off and I heard flag they could go anywhere. I got the number and called but it was super hot that August and the owner was running a huge brushfire in the back country here in wv. my uncle was on the fire department so I called him and tracked down the owner and i had my uncle tell the guy I wanted it for sure so I picked it up the next day for 6000. I drove it till that spring when my dad decided he wanted to park it and keep it for a "family toy." I was ticked but he bought me a 2000 ford ranger so I didn't complain to much. while I had the jeep I started to learn tons about them and all the crap you can buy for them. I learned all the different models and attended 4wd.coms jeep rally in Ohio. My best friend and dad bought the same exact jeep i had but a real rust bucket so me him and his dad started in and i spent most of my summer turing wrenches on that thing with my buddy while his dad just gave him the money. i learned tons that summer. not just the basics but a lot because that jeep didnt even run when he got it, had not front clip or tires. then I got my baby back that fall when my older brother failed out of school and had to come home and get a job and he couldn't drive a stick so I got my jeep back and he got stuck with the ranger rofl! my brother really ran the dog crap out of that ranger till the following spring when he over heated it and cracked a head so he started driving me moms car and she started driving our 3500 silverado. my dad gave me the money to fix the truck so I replaced head and it ran good but my parents gave my brother the car and there was no way in hell I was giving my jeep up again so the ranger got parked. then fuel pump went out on my TJ so that's how I learned a lot about the fuel system because I replaced it on my own. so the I was 17 had had my jeep apart and and started to add stuff and helped my buddy build his from ground up and I have a good base of the TJ mechanics. I started to plan for college and the school I selected is 3 hours away so I wanted to take a vehicle with me. no way my 2.5L with 32s could run that interstate and no vibrate apart so I purposes to sell the ranger and I would add my savings and get a car or SUV and park my old jeep till after college to my parents and they agreed but the offered to sell the jeep to if I wanted to get an even better car and I said no unless it was for another wrangler and they said that was fine so I started the hunt. I found tons in my price and quality range online but I didn't want to sell my two and have nothing to drive. I was driving up the road about fifteen minutes from my house when it was love at first sight. 2006 Rubicon with tons of options and SUPER clean! and I mean clean! so I worked a deal and trade my 98 Wrangler and 2000 Ranger and some cash for the Rubi and that's where I'm at now. 18 years old, I have a lot of knowledge on Jeep wrangle TJs and a good overall vehicle mechanics knowledge and have an 06 red Rubicon right outside my window waiting to go to college with me this coming fall!

98 wrangler then 2000 ranger then back to 98 then to 2006 Rubicon. did I make a good trade or not?

Unread 02-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Marksman113
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i had my ranger first, loved it but after riding in my buddies lj a few times topless i was sold, so i starting saving and looking, after 8 months of looking roughly 9 hours a day on craigslist(in study halls and from about 3pm-5pm and 9pm til 12-1am) and looking at like 30 different trucks and jeeps i finally found my baby, 02 se with a 318 swap, couldnt be happier and the modding process has already begun!! now looking to start saving slowly for a jku and using my tj as a wheeler(after college graduation)(currently a junior). and as for you, yes that sounds like a very good deal!! rubicons are awesome gl in college
Marksman113 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

that's my plan too! gonna make this one last through college then I'm gonna get a JKUR and wheel my TJ! one for play and one for the show=perfect!
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
Marksman113
2002 TJ Wrangler 

and three more for partsXD
Marksman113 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
whtlightning
2010 JK Wrangler 

I came home from the hospital in a Jeep as a baby. My parents had various Jeeps through the years and I couldn't wait unitl I could afford my first vehicle after college. I found a used Rubicon with 4,000 miles on the OD ... it was love at first sight!
whtlightning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

keeping the tradition alive! I hope to pass my current and future jeeps on to my kids and teach them the culture and wave!
Unread 03-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
edgenterprises
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I met my wife of 14 years in a 1987 Jeep Wrangler.

I saw her driving her silver Wrangler down the main street in our town back in our younger days, and had to stop her to see that Jeep. She stopped at a gas station, and we got to talking, went to a party, and the rest as they say it is history. She got rid of that Jeep after we met, and I always wanted a Wrangler and have looked for one for years. 16 years later, after 2 kids, I finally bought my Jeep after many hours of looking and driving Jeeps, I found my 2001 TJ and now the whole family loves that Jeep. It is winter here in MN and the Jeep is in storage, but it is getting nicer out every day, and my girls have been asking when the Jeep is coming home.
edgenterprises is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #8
Mporter22
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My dad had a 47 Willy's that he used to take wheeling with the kids. We loved that thing. As we got older the jeeps started to get less and less use. He eventually sold it to buy a four wheeler. Ever since it left I've wanted one of my own. Once I saved up enough money it was my first big purchase and I don't regret it at all!
Mporter22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.