what have u pulled out with your jeep - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > what have u pulled out with your jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-26-2010, 01:23 AM   #61
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Back a few years ago, I was managing a towing company on the east coast, and we had just finished up a 4x4 wrecker using the 68 Kaiser Jeep, simular to the one shown below. Well I get a call from the owner of the local Chevrolet - Hummer dealership. Seems he is stuck on the beach. So I take the newly done Jeep wrecker out on the beach and find that our trusty dealership owner got a brand new ,never titled, H1 hummer not only stuck on the beach but waves crashing over the roof. After 3 hours of winching and getting it all hooked up to tow, we come off the beach. Embarrising enough for him...........ooohhhh no. As we are going the ten miles to his dealership we pass in front of the Jeep dealership as 3 salesmen are standing by the road applauding.

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
obxresq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #62
G-MANtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i pulled a quad out the other day. front tires were stuck in mud and the rear tires were floating in water.
|---L-o||||||o-
()_)-()_)-o-()_)
G-MANtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #63
gotmudnj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

what havent i pulled with my jeep...im know for the recovery vehicle around my area....here are some of my more memorible pulls....i pulled an fj cruiser with a trailer on back with a quad threw marsh area...i pulled a f250 long bed stuck on rocks center hung that was actually easy. another fj stuck up to doors that was a little hard to pull out. tons of yjs and xj about 10 of them... ive pulled a k1500 out once or twice. a few cars and trucks...one guy hit a tree on a raod in a snow storm...i pulled him out of ditch and he didnt want to hit breaks i guess when on road so he went to other side of road and feel into another ditch... the list goes on lol...but always fun...my views on pulls and such are if i give u a pull i expect the favor if i ever get stuck...
gotmudnj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2010, 09:51 AM   #64
flyboy14295
2000 WJ 

Yesterday I was driving and I came along a Hyundai Sonata in the ditch on the side of the road. A tow truck pulls up behind her and says, "20 bucks and i'll pull you out." I turned around and said, "i'll do it for free."

He sat there and watched me take 5 seconds out of my day to pull the car back out. I felt good.

New York City EMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJeeper View Post
I came into this world via broken rubber, i'm not going out the same way.
flyboy14295 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #65
MassRedneck
1994 YJ Wrangler 

A few cherokees, a tj, a s10 and pulled a dead grand cherokee out of driveway

If its a jeep thing I have or will break it at least once
MassRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2010, 03:56 AM   #66
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I towed a minivan loaded with a family about 4 miles on a sandy washed out road in the middle of the desert, what they were doing i have no idea.

had the Sheriff come find me with a helicopter to have me pull out a couple of guys who got stuck in the middle of the desert in the summer with no water
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #67
sxshep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I just successfully pulled out my first vehicle with my 92 stocker Heep Jeep! Some numbnut left an AA meeting, decided to take a shortcut through my property at work up a 100yd hill covered in about 8 inches of wet packed snow with his 2002 Ford Taurus, slid off the side of the driveway and wedged against a tree. Lucky for him, I keep a military folding shovel and two tow straps in my Jeep, and I had him out in 10 minutes. I was a little apprehensive which strap to use (a $15 Walmart 3300lb strap with hooks, or a 6000lb $15 Harbor Freight w/o hooks? Ended up using the one with the metal hooks, because I haven't tracked down any clevis d-shackles or anything. Luckily it turned out ok, I hardly had any stress on the strap anyhow. Overall, I'm pretty excited and hopefully he'll leave a good word to my boss!
sxshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #68
stock'89YJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

A few weeks after I got my '05 TJ, I drove past a cabbie (with a fare sitting in the back) stuck on top of/in a snow bank. I pulled over and threw him my tow strap. He hooked it up, gave me the thumbs up and I gave 'er! Turned out he hooked the strap around his tranny - red fluid everywhere! I wished him luck and went on my way... no way he was driving anywhere else that night.
stock'89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 11:36 PM   #69
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Freight Train stuck in the mud. During a blizzard. Up hill. On bald tires. With 3 cylinders missing. And a bad clutch. In a 4 banger TJ.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #70
98GooseXJ14
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Well I need some good recovery gear to pull stuff out, but I did pushstart my brothers ranger with my xj.
98GooseXJ14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #71
G-MANtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
Freight Train stuck in the mud. During a blizzard. Up hill. On bald tires. With 3 cylinders missing. And a bad clutch. In a 4 banger TJ.
that is quite impressive sir. i would like to have your autograph
|---L-o||||||o-
()_)-()_)-o-()_)
G-MANtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2010, 04:55 AM   #72
corndogduff

This last winter I pulled a Ford f350 superduty on 37's out of hub deep mud...
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #73
cheapjeeps85
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock'89YJ View Post
A few weeks after I got my '05 TJ, I drove past a cabbie (with a fare sitting in the back) stuck on top of/in a snow bank. I pulled over and threw him my tow strap. He hooked it up, gave me the thumbs up and I gave 'er! Turned out he hooked the strap around his tranny - red fluid everywhere! I wished him luck and went on my way... no way he was driving anywhere else that night.
wow some people
cheapjeeps85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 01:01 AM   #74
Yeller06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I pulled a full sized bronco on 37's out of the mud once. The guy was real ****y and talked crap about jeeps until i saved him.
Yeller06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #75
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've pulled/towed:
Chevy HHR out of some dudes lawn
Chevy 1500 on 33's out of some ruts
Chevy Blazer Zr2, not quite sure how it got stuck
Chevy S-10, 2wd+street tires+mud=bad
Ford Ranger, broke down had to tow it 3 miles
Land Rover Freelander, broke down at the mall, so I towed it off the main road.
99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.