Weird But True Jeep Sex Alarm Story - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Weird But True Jeep Sex Alarm Story

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 07-05-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Weird But True Jeep Sex Alarm Story

Okay, so me and my girlfriend are walking to the parking lot after a movie. On my jeep I have a viper alarm that has a proximity sensor on it. This sensor is used on convertibles and jeeps. When you walk by the car, the alarm beeps a couple of times, but when you reach in the car, it goes off at full blast. So as I walk towards my car, I notice cop cars around my car and cops standing around it. I couldnt tell what they were doing at this point, but as i get closer, I see that there is a cherokee parked fairly close to my wrangler with the back doors open. As I open my door, one of the cops approaches me and asks.."What kind of alarm you got there?" I say.."Viper with proximity sensor" He says.."You see, your alarm kept going off so we came over to check it out. As we look over to this cherokee, we see a couple doing ....you know what...." I say.. "What" He replies " Well, they were in the back seat and they certainly weren't watching a movie." I look over and see a young couple (girl still in panties) cuffed in the backseat of the cruiser. So I guess as they were in there moving around and doing the bunny hop, they set off my alarm and got themselves caught... OOPS. Sorry guys!

Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
Jimmeh

HAHAHA! Thanks for a good laugh.
[URL="http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/MC_Alton/Cars/PIC00006.jpg"]Dad's[/URL] 1972 Ford Bronco. 302, 3 on a tree, suspension lift, air bag suspension, and the shag carpet mod. Mods coming soon!
[URL="http://a695.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/7/l_bca032e82e192e262743aa5b29ed77fe.jpg"]My[/URL] 1992 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 4.0 with 80K. My new Daily Driver!
Jimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
nodoor94

they must have been very persistant. some people might have stopped after the first time the alarm went off........
94 YJ, 4.0L, 5-speed maunal, 4WDHardware 3.5'' lift, 33'' BFGoodrich M/T, JKS Quick-Disconnects, Rockcrusher Diff Covers for D30/D35, K&N FIPK Intake, Hesco Throttlebody Spacer, Silverstar Headlights, Warn Rear Bumper, Trackbars gone, Home-cut front bumper

[url]http://community.webshots.com/user/brentzimm88[/url]
[url]http://community.webshots.com/user/brentzimm888[/url]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Navy"]Blue Jeep Club Member #194[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
nodoor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
t3mporaryism
2006 TJ Wrangler 

hahahah thats awesome.. too bad it ruined their night
t3mporaryism is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 07:50 PM   #5
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My car was parked pretty far from the entrance to the theatre. one of the last spots. Guess they weren't old enough to get a room.
Unread 07-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #6
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You have it set way too sensitive if the people in the car next to you cause the alarm to go off. Mine is set so you actually have to walk up to it and look inside... then if you reach in it'll go off at full blast. If it is parked in a parking lot, people can walk by it without it chirping (unless they walk by really close).

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires

Last edited by Rocky529; 07-05-2006 at 08:45 PM..
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

rocky, do you have the sensor with the two dials and the red and green light? if so, which of these controls the outside and which controls the inside? thats as good as i could get it, ut if i knew which dial was for what, i would get it at a perfect tune. i bought my sensor from Directed inc.
Unread 07-05-2006, 08:45 PM   #8
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwrnglr
rocky, do you have the sensor with the two dials and the red and green light? if so, which of these controls the outside and which controls the inside? thats as good as i could get it, ut if i knew which dial was for what, i would get it at a perfect tune. i bought my sensor from Directed inc.
Yes, mine is the Invisibeam Field Disturbance Sensor. When you are looking down on the unit, the 2 orange screws should be on the bottom right. The left screw is for the outer and the right screw is for the inner. The approximate location of these screws are as follows (if you have it placed in the center console, mine is infront of the shifter near the airbag sensor):

Left = A LITTLE below the 9 o'clock position
Right = 9 o'clock position, maybe A TAD more

Keep in mind, if you turn these screws just a hair, it changes a lot... they are SUPER sensitive. Took me a while to get it set up. Also, don't forget if it's really hot in the Jeep, you should turn it off (you should have a inline switch just for that). It expands really wide in extreme heat... really wide.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #9
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Excellent! Thanks alot
Unread 07-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #10
hyperse7en

thats funny! i live in town (which sucks) so i park on the side of the street infront of my house. if its full i park accros the street. so im parked infront of my neighbors house after a good day of wheeling. i wake up the next morning to my alarm. i grab my gun, and run outside to find my neighbor hiding on his porch (peeking around the corner) and theres a shovel sitting on his porch. as i walk out to my truck, i notice there are chunks of mud in our lawn! he was scraping the mud that fell off underneath my truck, and throwing it, in our lawn, and must have hit the truck with the shovel on accident. if he would have asked me to clean up the mud, i would have apoligized and cleaned it up. instead he throws it in our yard, and hides like a little whimp!
i have a prestige alarm, and i was wondering, if theres a field disturbance sensor that i can buy for it?? does it have to be from prestige, or does a company make one thats compatible???
thanks
jeff
hyperse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #11
jocww

when did it become illegal to **** in your own backseat?

Bay Area wheelers click this link
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Wheelers_...&#entry1565069

TvisXJ Did he just pull a Woo Wong? Chevelle Yea... he just pulled a Woo Wong
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJIceQueen98
Real women don't drive hummers... they give them
jocww is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #12
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Go to directed.com or just ask your local alarm and audio shop if they have one. its called a proximity sensor with 2 zones. its a little box with some dials on it and its see-thru. works with any alarm. It cost me about $30 installed. I have it inside my arm rest and no one can tamper w/ it.
Unread 07-23-2006, 10:28 PM   #13
Ja-Son1024

haha

thats great funny story.
Ja-Son1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #14
POLBOSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

On a related story, (not on a Jeep ) I had a f-150 single can step side when my ex and I were bf/gf, one night we were at a park near her house at almost 12am and somehow she was without a bra (cough cough ) then all of the sudden I see this car coming through the parking lot with no lights on, and I tought this can't be good, and I hand her my jacket and I put my t-shirt on, and I throw her clothes behind the seat, and yeah it was a cop, walks towards my truck silent, and flahes his big flash light on us and I lower the window and go like, Hello officer how can I assist you? and he goes like what are you doing here at this hour? and I go like, we are talking sir, and he goes like a little to late to be here, please take her come, and I go like, I should do that, thanks for the reminder, and he left, we got a good laugh out of that one
POLBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2006, 10:43 AM   #15
sparkeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLBOSS
...a little too late to be here, please take her come...
I can't like figure out which letter is wrong...
the 't' in take or the 'c' in come?

Toronto, ON, Canada
sparkeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.