Unrequited Love - No Jeep Wave Back - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Unrequited Love - No Jeep Wave Back

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #16
DetonatorBlake
2007 JK Wrangler 

Im a JKer and i always wave too! The Tjs and CJs (although i dont see many cjs around here) are the ones who usually dont wave back! Sad Day......

Unread 09-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #17
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetonatorBlake
Im a JKer and i always wave too! The Tjs and CJs (although i dont see many cjs around here) are the ones who usually dont wave back! Sad Day......
I always wave a jk's. I want one so bad. One day I had my dog with me and I ran into a jk with the same dog in the jeep! Haha we just looked at eachother and laughed.
ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #18
DetonatorBlake
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well if I ever saw you I'd promise I would make sure to wave to you!
Unread 09-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #19
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetonatorBlake
Well if I ever saw you I'd promise I would make sure to wave to you!
Haha alright sounds good!
Unread 09-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #20
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

I wave at every wrangler I see. Stock ones in general I feel run a greater risk of not getting a wave back. Older jeeps tend to wave more than newer ones and the jk unlimiteds are the worst of all of them.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #21
jeepergirl09

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo
I wave at every wrangler I see. Stock ones in general I feel run a greater risk of not getting a wave back. Older jeeps tend to wave more than newer ones and the jk unlimiteds are the worst of all of them.
Aww I have a Jk unlimited
jeepergirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #22
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepergirl09

Aww I have a Jk unlimited
And I hope you wave all the time! I'm in jax fl, lots of Jku drivers just got their jeeps bc its more like a tradtional SUV than the 2dr wrangler is. They don't even know about the jeep wave.

My hope is that if I wave to enough jk's and jku's then they'll pick up on the jeep wave and the jk generation will be better for it.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
Unread 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #23
fillerup
2004 TJ Wrangler 

fillerup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #24
jeepergirl09

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo

And I hope you wave all the time! I'm in jax fl, lots of Jku drivers just got their jeeps bc its more like a tradtional SUV than the 2dr wrangler is. They don't even know about the jeep wave.

My hope is that if I wave to enough jk's and jku's then they'll pick up on the jeep wave and the jk generation will be better for it.
How's that going for ya?
jeepergirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #25
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I even flash my lights now and still nothing.
Unread 09-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I find myself waving at other jeeps even when I'm not driving mine.... They look at me weird.... even if it is not another jeep and they wave, I wave back because they know about the wave. I wave at all cj's wranglers, willys, yj's, tj's, jk's, cherokees, commanchees and grand cherokees... even grand wagnoneers if I see one... And any moded patriot/compass/etc that waves to me.

Out here, most people wave to each other regardless. It's not only a jeep thing, it's a country thing. ;D
SSRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #27
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepergirl09 View Post
How's that going for ya?
Time will tell I suppose?
Unread 10-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #28
cklobo

I drive a YJ, am 48, and I wave at all other Wranglers. I have also taught my kids, and their friends who love riding with us when the top is down, to wave. They love it. Teenage girls love screaming the tunes, and waving at everybody. So much fun. Alas. Had to put the hardtop on today. Bit chilly, and rainy when I go into work at 2am.
Almost a guarantee warmer weather will come.

Funny story by local radio station DJ. Seems he just got his first Jeep. Wife wasn't fond of the wave. Taught the son (6-7), the "wave". The boy would put an "L " sign to his forehead as in "LOSER".

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
cklobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #29
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Im also an old geeezer and sometimes I forget to wave but not cause of oldtimers disease but cause I have a crap eating grin on my face and just plain having a good time.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #30
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I may be an old geezer, but I refuse to grow up!! Lol. Lots of JK's wave at my YJ, I think because it is rough around the edges..
SSRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.