Temperature inside tire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Temperature inside tire

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 04-23-2006, 07:14 AM   #1
mjeselskis

Temperature inside tire

I am doing a senior project building a pressure sensor and its going inside the tire but i need to know the temperature inside the tire in order to choose a sensor that will be able to handle the temperature. So does anyone have any idea how hot it gets on the inside of the tire?

SOA on stock springs with add a leaf in rear, Welded D30, Posi-Locked, traction bar, Rear 5/8" Boomerang Shackles, OBA, Ditched Front and Rear Trac Bar, 34x10.5 LTB TSL Swampers on 15x8 M/T Classics, Ramsey Pro Plus 9000
mjeselskis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

might want to try GD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #3
mjeselskis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hills TJ
might want to try GD
Thanks, I just posted there. I thought I posted this one there, whoops.
SOA on stock springs with add a leaf in rear, Welded D30, Posi-Locked, traction bar, Rear 5/8" Boomerang Shackles, OBA, Ditched Front and Rear Trac Bar, 34x10.5 LTB TSL Swampers on 15x8 M/T Classics, Ramsey Pro Plus 9000
mjeselskis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2006, 06:06 AM   #4
WOLFSTER

When I changed tires I put a thermometer in one of them...damned if I can read the thing now...
WOLFSTER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 08:25 AM   #5
Ocelotzin

Indirect mesurement

You can try to measure it in your own car. Just take the pressure of the tire and ambient temperature early in the morning; then take your car to a 0.5 or 1 hour highway trip and measure the pressure immediately. Then, the temperature inside the tire will be approximately

T2 = T1*P2/P1

Where T1 is the temperature in the morning, P1 the pressure at the same time and P2 the pressure after the trip.

After that, you can add a safety factor because every kind of tire will reach a different temperature
Ocelotzin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.