Tales From The YJ !!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Tales From The YJ !!!

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 04-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
cevans87
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Tales From The YJ !!!

So I wanted to start a thread and hear about other peoples funny stories in YJ's...

My first one would have to be this one...

I bought a 1988 YJ in Winter of last year, had a 4.0L conversion, but no fuel injection, the PO had put the old intake and carb back on, and it also had the infamous BA-10...

I drove it 2 hours to my parents home in Virginia, and everything was well except for a little wiring with the lights...

That night it snowed 3 feet, so I took it out to play and it did fine.

We left the following night to travel back to our home in Charleston, SC... everything was good but I was freezing. About an hour outside of Lynchburg, Virginia where my parents lived the (Hydraulic Concentric Bearing) decided to sh*t the bed. I tried to get a trailer and haul it with my F-150 and no dice. So after hours of sitting at a gas station I decided to (Spank Shift) the Jeep all the way home, which by the way was about 300 Miles... so for the next 5 hours or so, I am using the starter and the 1st gear of the tranny to get me started and rolling at stop lights and not using the clutch between gears at all. I finally got it home and put a new bearing in and everything was golden. I'm not saying I'm a fan of the BA-10 at all but with all the abuse she took that night, I can honestly say she held together pretty good for her reputation.

Built Not Bought #447, 1992 Jeep XJ Supercharged 4.7, 1988 Jeep YJ Auto 4.2L, 2008 Commander Limited HEMI, 1990 Jeep YJ 4.7L Fuel Injected AW4, 1981 Scrambler 304 Auto

I Am The Jeep Surgeon!!!
cevans87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #2
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Coming back to school in my yj on a snowy day.the hwy was covered in snow and I had it in 4hi I thought I was bad*** so I was speeding well just a few miles away from school a big sudden wind hit and pushed against the left side of my yj causing me to run out of control and do 3 360s. After it was all over I pulled back on the hwy and continued my way ha
Unread 04-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
srdart67
2002 WJ 

I went and did some serious wheeling yesterday for the first time in my yj and went through a water hole the size of a football field, the water level didnt even go up half my rims came around a gravel mound and headed for a hole twice as wide as the jeep and about 30 feet long. approached slowly and fell right in about 3 feet under water level. im stock on 31's so I about **** my pants not expecting that. All with my girfriend next to me and my kid passed out in the back. I popped the clutch and damn near wheelied it out of there. my kid woke up laughing so i know it was a good day!
srdart67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
cevans87
1992 XJ Cherokee 

bump
Built Not Bought #447, 1992 Jeep XJ Supercharged 4.7, 1988 Jeep YJ Auto 4.2L, 2008 Commander Limited HEMI, 1990 Jeep YJ 4.7L Fuel Injected AW4, 1981 Scrambler 304 Auto

I Am The Jeep Surgeon!!!
cevans87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
Shaneo7
1994 YJ Wrangler 

When I bought my YJ before I test drove it the previous owner took me for a death ride to show me the 4wd worked high and low on our way out of the woods he had it in 4 high and he hit a huge ditch and I hit my head on the soft top I had to have it.
Shaneo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.