Tales From The YJ !!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Tales From The YJ !!!

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 04-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
cevans87
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Tales From The YJ !!!

So I wanted to start a thread and hear about other peoples funny stories in YJ's...

My first one would have to be this one...

I bought a 1988 YJ in Winter of last year, had a 4.0L conversion, but no fuel injection, the PO had put the old intake and carb back on, and it also had the infamous BA-10...

I drove it 2 hours to my parents home in Virginia, and everything was well except for a little wiring with the lights...

That night it snowed 3 feet, so I took it out to play and it did fine.

We left the following night to travel back to our home in Charleston, SC... everything was good but I was freezing. About an hour outside of Lynchburg, Virginia where my parents lived the (Hydraulic Concentric Bearing) decided to sh*t the bed. I tried to get a trailer and haul it with my F-150 and no dice. So after hours of sitting at a gas station I decided to (Spank Shift) the Jeep all the way home, which by the way was about 300 Miles... so for the next 5 hours or so, I am using the starter and the 1st gear of the tranny to get me started and rolling at stop lights and not using the clutch between gears at all. I finally got it home and put a new bearing in and everything was golden. I'm not saying I'm a fan of the BA-10 at all but with all the abuse she took that night, I can honestly say she held together pretty good for her reputation.

Built Not Bought #447, 1992 Jeep XJ Supercharged 4.7, 1988 Jeep YJ Auto 4.2L, 2008 Commander Limited HEMI, 1990 Jeep YJ 4.7L Fuel Injected AW4, 1981 Scrambler 304 Auto

I Am The Jeep Surgeon!!!
cevans87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Coming back to school in my yj on a snowy day.the hwy was covered in snow and I had it in 4hi I thought I was bad*** so I was speeding well just a few miles away from school a big sudden wind hit and pushed against the left side of my yj causing me to run out of control and do 3 360s. After it was all over I pulled back on the hwy and continued my way ha
Unread 04-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
srdart67
2002 WJ 

I went and did some serious wheeling yesterday for the first time in my yj and went through a water hole the size of a football field, the water level didnt even go up half my rims came around a gravel mound and headed for a hole twice as wide as the jeep and about 30 feet long. approached slowly and fell right in about 3 feet under water level. im stock on 31's so I about **** my pants not expecting that. All with my girfriend next to me and my kid passed out in the back. I popped the clutch and damn near wheelied it out of there. my kid woke up laughing so i know it was a good day!
srdart67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
cevans87
1992 XJ Cherokee 

bump
Built Not Bought #447, 1992 Jeep XJ Supercharged 4.7, 1988 Jeep YJ Auto 4.2L, 2008 Commander Limited HEMI, 1990 Jeep YJ 4.7L Fuel Injected AW4, 1981 Scrambler 304 Auto

I Am The Jeep Surgeon!!!
cevans87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #5
Shaneo7
1994 YJ Wrangler 

When I bought my YJ before I test drove it the previous owner took me for a death ride to show me the 4wd worked high and low on our way out of the woods he had it in 4 high and he hit a huge ditch and I hit my head on the soft top I had to have it.
Shaneo7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.