Stuck for the first time - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Stuck for the first time

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 05-04-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

Stuck for the first time

This happened today. A few days back I had been down to this trail my buddy told me about to scope it out. It's not bad, some light wheeling and good mudding if the weather cooperates. So ever since then I have been dieing to get back down there to really see what my new TJ can do. I headed down there today with my one friend, and we get onto the trail. I see this little mud puddle, so I hit. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had gone through because I immediately hit a deep rut with my driver side front wheel, burying it up to the axle. Every other wheel was pretty much on top of it, but that one stopped me cold. So I get out to investigate, and try to rock it out to no such luck. Then we start scouring around all the garbage that's back there and start jamming rocks, sticks, anything we could find in front of the tires. Nothing. Then we found some palates and jammed them under there. Still nothing. I even busted out the floor mats trying to get some traction. Then we found this metal pole. We jammed it into the ground, and attached my come along...since there was absolutely nothing to attach the other end to. That did nothing. I finally gave up and decided to call my dad. He's at work about an hour and a half away. So I call everyone in my phone book that has a truck, but nobody has trailer hitch. Great. I call my dad again, and he says he'll be on his way. Me and my buddy get set to wait a while, when all of a sudden these dudes come wheeling around the corner like the cavalry in a Chevy S10. They immediately ask if we need some help and wind up getting us unstuck. After that everything was great we both wheeled around for an hour or so together in case either of us got stuck. The TJ is completely filled with mud, inside and out. I definately have some serious interior detailing to do tomorrow. Moral of the story: lockers would help, an open dif definately sucks.

rjt36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #2
phydeaux
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Oh the shame!

Pulled out by a Chevy? No 4-wheelin' for you for a month!
Empty
Every
Pocket
phydeaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

I know, it was quite embarrassing
Unread 05-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #4
Ryanpowell167
1992 YJ Wrangler 

An S10 no the less! No Wheelin for a YEAR! And that s final!
Unread 05-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #5
ImSuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt36
This happened today. A few days back I had been down to this trail my buddy told me about to scope it out. It's not bad, some light wheeling and good mudding if the weather cooperates. So ever since then I have been dieing to get back down there to really see what my new TJ can do. I headed down there today with my one friend, and we get onto the trail. I see this little mud puddle, so I hit. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had gone through because I immediately hit a deep rut with my driver side front wheel, burying it up to the axle. Every other wheel was pretty much on top of it, but that one stopped me cold. So I get out to investigate, and try to rock it out to no such luck. Then we start scouring around all the garbage that's back there and start jamming rocks, sticks, anything we could find in front of the tires. Nothing. Then we found some palates and jammed them under there. Still nothing. I even busted out the floor mats trying to get some traction. Then we found this metal pole. We jammed it into the ground, and attached my come along...since there was absolutely nothing to attach the other end to. That did nothing. I finally gave up and decided to call my dad. He's at work about an hour and a half away. So I call everyone in my phone book that has a truck, but nobody has trailer hitch. Great. I call my dad again, and he says he'll be on his way. Me and my buddy get set to wait a while, when all of a sudden these dudes come wheeling around the corner like the cavalry in a Chevy S10. They immediately ask if we need some help and wind up getting us unstuck. After that everything was great we both wheeled around for an hour or so together in case either of us got stuck. The TJ is completely filled with mud, inside and out. I definately have some serious interior detailing to do tomorrow. Moral of the story: lockers would help, an open dif definately sucks.
hmm sounds kinda like my story but i didnt get stuck go check out my vid it shows how much lockers and tires could help your jeep. by the way the video is in the tj section.
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #59
[QUOTE=Grewe02]No such thing. Eat **** and die.[/QUOTE]

lifted with some extra's
......sold
ImSuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2006, 08:55 AM   #6
de6w6it

Hey, where were you? I would definitely like to check this spot out....
de6w6it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2006, 10:06 AM   #7
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by de6w6it
Hey, where were you? I would definitely like to check this spot out....
I sent you a PM
Unread 05-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #8
violatedppl

chevy??? you seat when you pee
Unread 05-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #9
ktmracer419
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt36
Moral of the story: wheeling alone sucks.

fixed it for ya
35" beadlocked km2's
3" midarmed
more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at
ktmracer419 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #10
RWB214

I feel your pain.. my buddy at work didnt think the jeep could make it through this mud bog that was completely saturated from 36 hours of rain... he was right, and his blazer pulled me out.
RWB214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2006, 10:14 AM   #11
NoUse328
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You'll be amazed at the difference if you ever put M/T's on and a front locker.
NoUse328 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2006, 12:25 PM   #12
RWB214

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoUse328
You'll be amazed at the difference if you ever put M/T's on and a front locker.
I said to him while i was stuck that if I had a locker in either axle I'd be pulling him out!
RWB214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.