SMORR Offroad trip -
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > General > Jeep Stories > SMORR Offroad trip

Metalcloak Black Friday Free Shipping - Last Sale of the YFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBlack Magic Brakes is having an extended Black Friday Sale

Unread 04-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
1998 ZJ 
SMORR Offroad trip

Last weeked CGlaser and I took a trip to Seymour, MO to visit the Southern Missouri Offroad Ranch. It was a great place set in the mountains of the Ozarks. The people were friendly and all around we had a great time. We tried hitting a level 3 (of 6) trail and I ended up bashing my transmission crossmember so we stuck to the 2's for the rest of the day. Luckily the crossmember took all the force and I didn't offset my transmission at all. If you're ever in the area I definitely recommend stoppin by.

A beautiful Stick

The Jeeps comin out of the waterin hole

Clint givin me a peak underneath

Me headin down the Coyote Ugly trailhead

Me gettin out of a different water hole

Gettin some flex in

I saw this little hill and thought I'd ball out a little bit. About half way up I remembered that there tends to be surprises on these trails so I backed off and got myself high centered on the top

:0 :| :0 :| I've got nothin
KDStewart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #2
1999 WJ 
Nice pics!

94 YJ --- 99 WJ --- 14 KL
zzjdzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
1981 CJ7 
My grandparents live right by the smorr I've been wanting to hit those trails for awhile now are some of the trails pretty tough ? I have my CJ7 pretty suped up and I love a challenge
towerdogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #4
2005 LJ Wrangler 
I've been to several parks and S'MORE is by far my favorite place. I live in south Mississippi it's a 12 hour drive for me. I was having second thoughts when I saw how far it was. But now I would hesitate. Best park.
loganm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #5
2001 TJ Wrangler 
I am not too far from SMORR. I used to go there often. You couldn't always trust their trail rating system. Sometimes after a hard rain a less difficult rail could become much more difficult do to erosion.

I remember one run we took a lower rated outer trail (can't remember the name) as a simple warm up trail. It was off to the left as you headed into the off-road area. Nobody was stock, it took us a long time and allot of winching to get up the last hill. The previous time I went there even a stock wrangler could get up them with little issue.

But as other have stated it is a great park with great people. They have a very nice camp area, very nice restrooms and a good snack bar along with some great trials.
01 TJ, 34 Super Swaper 34x10.5 bias, Winch, locked, belly up, some armor.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.