Sleeping in a Jeep Wrangler - how bad could it be?? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Sleeping in a Jeep Wrangler - how bad could it be??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 01-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #91
mithuth
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I can't count the # of times I've taken the Jeep out and picked up a "friend" and ended up parking on a hillside somewhere. Sleeping is the easy part. lol

I typically don't have my back seat in, so I lay the driver and passenger seat as far forward as I can, and then you can lean back against them with your feet towards the tailgate. I have a foam pad I lay over the seat belts and other misc metal poky things on the floor, and a nice fleece blanket for two.

I've spent many a beautiful nights in my Jeep.

For the times when things aren't so spur of the moment, I have a backpacker's tent I pack along with a few other creature comforts. It fits in the trunk behind the rear seat.

mithuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #92
DocMojave
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Why couldn't you just take 1/2 piece of plywood, maybe frame the underside just to keep it flat, hook it to the gate lip and make an adjustable leg? Easy enough? If I ever get around to making one, Ill take some pics.
Unread 01-30-2010, 03:50 AM   #93
emusician
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thanks JIMBOX - the magnascreen was just what I was looking for, and yet another example of something I would have invented, but was sure someone else had already done so. I haven't camped with it yet, but I did figure out a way to use a magnascreen with a tarp, two tent poles, and tie-downs functioning as a rain fly/portico on one side of the jeep. I can set the whole thing up in less than 5 minutes, although if it's a clear night or short-term stop, I'll probably just use the magnascreen.
emusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #94
JIMBOX
2008 JK Wrangler 

Heh Heh, yea they're pretty cool and will look OK wherever you useem

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusician View Post
Thanks JIMBOX - the magnascreen was just what I was looking for, and yet another example of something I would have invented, but was sure someone else had already done so. I haven't camped with it yet, but I did figure out a way to use a magnascreen with a tarp, two tent poles, and tie-downs functioning as a rain fly/portico on one side of the jeep. I can set the whole thing up in less than 5 minutes, although if it's a clear night or short-term stop, I'll probably just use the magnascreen.
Good day

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 03:01 AM   #95
iluvtruenos
2000 WJ 

I've slept two nights in my WJ at the Badlands.

I'm 6'3", and slept very comfortably with the back seats folded down and cuddling my 1/2" ratchet. (Teddy was at home)

Seriously though, it's comfortable.

Rampant Pack of Retards group president.
2000 WJ, 4.5l, AX15, 242 D60/14b, 5.5" lift front, 7.5" rear. Ford Expedition rear coils, Ram 350 shocks, JKS, IRO Long Arms, cool Badlands flag thingy.
1987 XJ - Gone but not forgotten
iluvtruenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 01:51 AM   #96
jeeperman19
1984 CJ8 

I've napped in mine then again a Scrambler ......my 5'8" has enough room to stretch out with the tailgate down
Unread 03-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #97
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

A couple of us went to a local moonshiners music convention out in the back woods. It was me and my girl and another dude and girl. We were all wasted after boozin all night and me and my girl slept on the ground in a blanket and the other two people somehow slept in the backseat LOL. 2 people tryin to sleep in the backseat of a tj makes me just ask how?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #98
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

I'm actually planning on some trips this summer sleeping in the Jeep. At most I might take one of my sons along, don't know how well it would work with four of us though. I've figured I could probably recline the front seats and do OK.

Or, travel lightly and fold down the rear seat.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #99
GPDriver
2010 JK Wrangler 

Worst night I ever spent in a Jeep was in February 2004. We were sent to Germany for REFORGER (return of forces to Germany). We got our equipment and headed to our marshalling area. I had an old M151 with the floppy doors (when it snowed, it actually snowed on me). We got there too late to set up a tent (no place left to find in the dark) so a buddy and I spent the night in the Jeep. Hell, the heater worked. We couldn't run the Jeep all night, so we would start it up, let it run till it got hot and then shut it down. Keep in mind, we had on Army issued Pile caps, Army issued parka's and some insulated boots. Had to have all our game gear on as well, so we had our WEB Gear and protective masks. The seats were welded upright and there was all our gear in the back. We'd get 15-20 minutes of shut eye, then have to start the jeep for warmth, then drift back off again. I couldn't wait for morning. Found out that we were some of the lucky ones. Some of the guys had to roll out on the top of their howitzers (the old M110A2's).
GPDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:13 PM   #100
91yjeepin
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I took out my YJ's backseat and crammed two couch cushions between the wheelwells. That was actually super duper comfy. Much better than my parents' camper's beds.
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #101
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Cool! OLD thead revival! I haven't seen this one in New Posts in ages.
VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #102
90Cherokee2dr

I have never slept in mine jeep yet, however i was looking trying to figure a plan of attack on it for future refrence(sp)
Unread 04-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #103
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

Sleeping in a wrangler can't be too bad. I've slept in my cj5 on several occasions just for fun. I never had a problem, and I'm 5'8

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:51 AM   #104
jonalexdeval
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know about others, but sleeping in a reclining car or truck seat is not fun. I did it once and never again. No lumbar support, no rolling over, no changing positions. It was bad.

I'm not sure what all the hype is about sleeping in or on your vehicle. Dude, Native Americans used to sleep just about anywhere, makeshift and all.

There are a FEW sporadic accounts of bears attacking people in tents, but it's extremely rare. You're in trouble if that happens though. You can keep a shotgun in your tent if you want...
jonalexdeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #105
TellicoTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have slept in mine several times. Mainly cause I was too drunk to drive after parties. So I put the back of the jeep to use along with whatever I could use as padding.
2.5 Liter club memer #169-Red Jeep Club meber #491
Quote:
Originally posted by: Jeremy93yj To coax out the poop, try rocking back and forth. If that doesn't work, try rocking side to side. Hold your cheeks apart with your hands while you push and scream at the top of your lungs. I also like to put my feet up on the wall and push against the toilet. Another way is to sit on the pot, reach down and grip the bowl with both hands, and push against the floor with your feet.
TellicoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.