Sleeping in a Jeep Wrangler - how bad could it be?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Sleeping in a Jeep Wrangler - how bad could it be??

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #16
NEVERSWEAT
Northman

2006 TJ Wrangler 

One of my mates did it up in the cold country. he had a 10 degree bag that he basically climbed in and laid his seat back.. he said it was ok.. but he wasn't fooling anybody. he was al contorted and his only saving grace was he is only 5'4".
Actually tomorrow I am going to Sport chalet and buy a little 8x8 tent and give my 7x7 just to store his bag and a few personal in when we are up for a 4 dayer.

Uncle Willy, The InnKeeper #3
06 Rubicon locked and loaded....
NEVERSWEAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2009, 11:52 PM   #17
c0ncEpT
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah sleeping in small vehicles sucks. I had to sleep in my Trans Am once... My back was so stiff when I woke up
c0ncEpT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #18
joshr1987

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I never bring my tent... I take the back seat out... tumble the front seats forward, and sit in the back facing the rear of the jeep while using the back side of the front seats to lay against. Im 6'1" and it works just fine with a few blankets, wouldn't trade my short jeep for anything. And I think it was said earlier, rum helps alot.
joshr1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #19
AlexTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The only time I slept in my TJ I was covered in mud, cold, and saoking wet from the pouring rain after finally giving up trying to get it unstuck at 4am. I was so exhausted I actually found it comfortable
'97 TJ Sport :4.7L STROKER:RSG AX-15 "Terminator":Accel 30lb/hr injectors:2000 intake manifold:HP Dana 30 & Ford 8.8 w/ stock LSD & 4.11s for now:RE 4.5" SF :OME Shocks:AA SYE & Dana CV shaft: MAXXIS Bighorn MTs 33x12.5R15:SRC Front & rear bumpers w/ tire carrier:Cragar Series 320 15x8s:WARN SDB-210HBs:KC slimlites Long & Fog:Bestop Replace-a-top : No Cat and Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad
AlexTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #20
HilltopperYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

when i was little my grandpa put 2 big pieces of plywood on top of the roll cage and a air mattress on that . it was pretty dangerous i guess in hindsight but made good memories

A-E-K-Δ-B

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
HilltopperYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #21
aamir567

I amsure it would be very tiresome
aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #22
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have slept in my YJ many times. I lay across the front seats with my feet down in the passengers side, and my back up against the driver's door. I sleep great in it and usually wake up better rested after a night in the jeep than in a regular bed.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #23
RoughRider0923
2005 TJ Wrangler 

not bad if u pass out or if the back seat is out but every time i go jeepin theres alot stuff that goes too i want to come back as planed

41MB-05TJ

LIFTED AND ON EDGE
RoughRider0923 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #24
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

lol the XJ wins again sleeping is nice and roomy =)
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 12:10 AM   #25
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

One of those 4Dr JK's with fold down back seat would rock for sleeping in

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #26
Spike2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

asleep under the jeep, on a creeper!

asjeep = asleep under a jeep
Spike2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #27
tjsahara1979
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirter View Post
You ponder this, but realize you must act quickly - much longer, and hypothermia will lull you into a false sense of warmth - which, at this point, you almost decide that fake warmth would be good enough.
LMAO, Best line here
'01 TJ Sahara. 3" BDS lift, 1" PA BL, 33x12.50x15 Nokian Vatiiva M/Ts, Durango steering box, soft 8s, RE steering stabilizer, and one LOUD effin' train horn :)

Green Jeep Club Member #183
tjsahara1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #28
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sleeping in a RUBY, no problemo,Queen size airmattress

Quote:
Insulated top and all doors/gate locked-cool, don't even need my trailer

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #29
Teddy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I was waiting for my class to start today and i took my seat back and i got really comfy... turned my heater on...all of a sudden i hear a knocking on the window so i jumped up and it was the campus officer making sure everything was ok.. i found out my class finished 5 hours ago..im not complaining im 6"3 220lb and i was commfy LMAO
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #30
CORNFED15
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ive slept in my jeep a couple times and it wasnt the best thing but Ive been in worse

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.