Sleeping in a Jeep Wrangler - how bad could it be?? - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Sleeping in a Jeep Wrangler - how bad could it be??

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #136
TheStigX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just slept in the back seat of the Jeep again. Apparently two more people joined me in front seats while I was sleeping too haha

Unread 05-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #137
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

fold down tailgate

6'3 tall. 0 degree mummy bag, and i'm all set. I put down a couple blankets underneath me and the bag...both for comfort and to keep my bag off of cold steel

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #138
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #139
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've taken a quick nap to rest my eyes in the front seat before. It wasn't comfortable, nor would I prefer to sleep like that on a trip, but it'll do....
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #140
xjmonkey
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I slept in the front seat of my old 89xj while my buddy slept ivy tha passenger seat an 2 gurl in the back seat (sleeping off a party lol)
Unread 07-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #141
4G64
2005 WK 

I had this idea, but did it out of a bored impulse, so I didn't account for the back half not clearing the hard top. I will probably need to add an extra hinge. I also tacked in some military "iso mat". I've made it in every weather condition during my time in the Marines with just an iso mat, issued sleeping system and some cold weather gear. But now, I have to fit this 80lbs of dumb into whatever shelter I'm using. I tried stuffing him in my sleeping bag, but that turned out to be unsuccessful and I ended up kicking him out. Then again, we did rock through this a couple Octobers ago on the side of Pikes Peak at 10,500ft. The extra 6-8" of snow fall is definitely what caused his "wtf?" look.

4G64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #142
nathanninja
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Never slept IN my Jeep, but on several occasions I've crawled under my Jeep with the intention of working on stuff, only to drift off and wake up 3 hours later, much to my surprise, under my Jeep.
nathanninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #143
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Slept in my Jeep plenty of times sober and drunk. Last time was in my TJ at a party. Pushed forward the front passenger seat. Piled clothes and junk in the lower section there to make it level. Pulled the rear seat and stuffed it under my gas tank skid with a small tarp wrapped around it. Piled other junk in the driver's seat and footwell. Laid diagonally across the rear cargo area with my feet toward the front seat, head in the tailgate corner. Mummy bag, pillow, and simple pad on top of my rear carpet chunk and windows cracked open for ventilation. Works great for me at 6'. Add a fold down tailgate and maybe another tarp and you're golden with a good camping pad.

Old YJ was less comfortable using the same method because of the rear seat brackets stuffed up your @$$ but the idea could work if you loose those brackets. I just pack a tent if I'm looking to camp...these solutions are mostly for when you end up trying to sleep relatively unprepared...

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #144
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Why is everyone sleeping in the back seat. The reclining front seats are plenty comfortable for a nap. Maybe not so over night, but for an hour or two no problem.
Unread 07-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #145
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlingForward View Post

You sir rock! I need a family style roll bar now.
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #146
hugh0453
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Found a nasty blanket and pillow in my YJ that sat on the street last night with just the bikini top...

Guessing "someone" slept in my jeep last night
hugh0453 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #147
Madmanmiller802
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The gf and I have spent a couple nights this summer in this. Works great.you can store stuff underneath and it folds flat. Doesnt help if you need to seat more than 2.
Unread 07-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #148
optimaldave
1997 ZJ 

In my ZJ I found that if I leave the headrests on and fold the seats down it creates a nice 25 odd degree angle backrest, pull up to a nice secluded view with the hatch up and I have had lots of fun sleeping in there... Great for some of the more fun bedtime activities

Dave
optimaldave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #149
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

I've napped in the back of the ZJ before. With the back seats down, nothing in the back, I can stretch out fully if I lay diagonally (I'm 5'9"). Given enough padding, it's pretty comfy. The front seats are pretty comfy too, if reclined a bit. With the back seat bottoms removed to allow the front seats to recline with the rears folded, and no cargo inside, the ZJ could sleep 4 people in a pinch.
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #150
srdart67
2002 WJ 

slept in mine first time this weekend. laid drivers seat back laid sideways against my roll bars with my legs over the c console and feet in the passenger footwell. pretty comfortable after driving 5 hours after being up for 32 hours prior to the drive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.