She complained.... until - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > She complained.... until

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Chirpz

2007 WK 

She complained.... until

In the Feb, 2000, we bought our first Jeep. It is a 1991, Cherokee Sport and when we bought it, it had 90,000 miles on it. My wife and I both agreed to buy it. We looked at it together, took it for a test drive, etc etc.

After the 1st day at home, the Jeep honeymoon was over. Suddenly, she didn't like it. Its to noise, it bounces too much, the seats sit up too high, the seats are too hard, it costs too much to fill the tank, the horn sounds funny, the radio isn't cool, the wipers are so small.... and on it went. There wasn't a day go by that I didn't hear some complaint either major or minor. She drove the car most of the time since I worked during the day.

Then one day it happened. It was a Friday, about a month and a half after day one. I got a call on my cell phone about 11 AM and my wife sounded like a cheerful singing bird.

"Guess what, honey!" "I found out what four wheel drive is for!" "Oh?", I listened. "This morning I went to a garage sale at The Eagles hall and parked in the parking lot. When I came out, I was blocked in pretty bad and as I was trying to get out, I backed up into the ditch. I was stuck real bad and almost called you for help. Then I noticed that little lever that you were trying to tell me about and I pulled it. The Jeep practically jumped out of that ditch and I zig zagged around the blocking cars and made it home OK. I LOVE THIS JEEP!!"

She has loved it ever since. Go Figure.

EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
bigdog101

That's basically completely awesome
bigdog101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
csasseen
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Hahahahaha that's how it always goes
csasseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
Zakrad_u
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds kinda like a story I have. I saw this real old challenger and I told the gf how sick is was. She just said oh sure sarcastically. Just then the dude did a burnout for like 100 yards and she went " oh I understand now" . It was great lol
Zakrad_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #5
KevinniveK

That was an awesome story! I enjoyed reading it.
KevinniveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Made my day.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
Carolina Mike
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Great introduction to the advantages of owning a jeep! My wife (then girlfriend) took to my jeep like a duck takes to water... being a Southern gal she drives the back country roads the way a moonshiner would. She's not big on rock crawling or twisty trails though.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.