Railway - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Railway

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 03-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
rootbeerfreak21
1977 CJ5 

My grandpa told me a story about one of his friends the back in the 50-60's winched his old MB down a 70 foot cliff with their winch. He said the group his friend was with looked in the distance and saw a rail ex and a cave with huge wooden doors and they wanted to go see what this was. This was in the hills in Colorado just west of Denver. The hook up the winch to another jeep and back it off the edge. Four of the 6-8 guys rode on the grill of the jeep as they winched it down. Now you. An just imagine this picture. When the guys got down to the doors about a mile from the winch cliff. They noticed that one of the doors had fallen off and they saw there was a train engine inside. The looked at the train for hours and why was it abandoned on the mountain untouched for years. The drive down the tracks and found that they had taken up the tracks before they had gotten the engine out so the backed it into the mine and left it. The group wanted to take something from the train but the only thing they could get off of it was the bell. They took the bell and winched back up the cliff and went home. I think this is the best story I have ever heard. I am just getting into jeeping and I wish to have these kind of experiences on some of my trips.

rootbeerfreak21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.