Post your Jeep rescue stories - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Post your Jeep rescue stories

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #31
YamahaDrtRdr
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I was at the mall today and leaving the parking lot I saw a semi spinning out in the packed snow trying to go up a hill. He wasn't going anywhere. I pulled infront had him strap to his frame, I put it in 4 lo and a few seconds later he was up the hill on dry level ground. Made my day...Im sure he was happy too. This pic is after the rescue...

Unread 12-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #32
Darkshine
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So I wasn't in a jeep, but...

Last year my ex and I went to visit some friends in Colorado. We drove up to Fraser, met up with my two friends and tried to follow them to the little bed and breakfast we were all staying in. We were in a 93 Chevy Suburban, they a black hardtop Rubicon that I don't know the year of. Anyway, we took this corner slowly and carefully, but ended up sliding across the road and landing partially tilted in a deep snowbank. My friends came back, set chains on their Rubicon, hooked up the suburban and set about towing us out. I'm thinking that there's no way that little Rubicon was going to haul out that heavy suburban, but they pulled it free with no trouble at all. I have to admit, that's what sort of convinced me that my next vehicle should be a jeep. I know their Rubi is modded, I just don't know with what.
Darkshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #33
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Pulled a Honda Civic off a curb. While nothing spectacular, it was my first pull out. Need recovery strap and tow hooks for future recoveries.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #34
94yjstocklook
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaDrtRdr View Post
I was at the mall today and leaving the parking lot I saw a semi spinning out in the packed snow trying to go up a hill. He wasn't going anywhere. I pulled infront had him strap to his frame, I put it in 4 lo and a few seconds later he was up the hill on dry level ground. Made my day...Im sure he was happy too. This pic is after the rescue...
Thats pretty bad *** for sure. Biggest thing I've ever pulled out was a full size chevy. You probably got just about anybody beat now
94yjstocklook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #35
semikrazy
1976 CJ5 

In the summer of 1994 I was driving down Northshore at Lake Mead in my 79 Cherokee. The road was closed so I decided to take this dirt road heading to the Lake to waste some time. The water level was way down so no one uses this road anymore. I took a path I've havent taken before and there was a lady sitting down waving me over. She tells me her Uncle and her been there all night partying but got stuck early this morning and needed a tow out. It's now past 3pm. She asked if I had any water because she had nothing to drink all day. I didn't but I told her I will pull her out and a store is about 15 minutes away. I drive her to where she was stuck and her uncle was just walking looking up at the sun. While I'm hooking up to their small pick up she falls down and goes into a seizer. I call the park service on the radio asking for medics.
The medics show up and call in Flight for Life for them. It was so hot the hellicopter could only take one at a time. They took the man first then loaded the lady in the amblance to get a head start. They hellicopter dropped of the man then meet the ambulance halfway to the hospital and took her rest of the way.
They both survived but I was told they had only minutes left to live if I hadn't found them.
I'll tell you it is scary being the only one there not knowing what to do when two peoples are dieing right in front of you. This caused me to take an EMT class and since then I have volunteered as an EMT and Search and Rescue.
semikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #36
wolfcreek
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have a cabin on a cross country ski trail and recently I was getting some firewood when I saw headlights in an area where the ski trail crosses a very minor road. Someone was honking their horn and spinning tires were throwing up clouds of snow in the headlights. I finally went out to investigate and there was an older lady (who may or may not have been drinking) who somehow mistook the groomed xc ski trail for a road leading out of the neighboring resort. She made it on the packed snow for a while, but had reached a spot where the snow was softer and with all the wheel spinning the toyota truck was sunk to the axles. After some fruitless digging, I drove my jeep out and first tried to pull her backwards with the winch. I had to back up onto the ski trail to get behind her truck. It didn't work because winching just caused my jeep to slide. Then I tried the recovery strap and after a few sharp yanks got her backwards out of her wheel ruts. One more yank from the front/side and I got her going on the side road. She was pretty relieved since she had been stuck there several hours and it is a pretty remote area.
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #37
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcreek View Post
I have a cabin on a cross country ski trail...
You are a lucky man good sir.
Sounds like you brought her a bit of luck as well, nice job!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #38
SaretteJeep

Ok so this is just a story on how I broke down. So I was watching a fight. 2 girls. Pretty crazy. And about 2 minutes into the fight, the dad of one girl came out. So I booked it (even though I had brought the other fighter lol) and I probably over-booked it. So I ended up blowing my radiator . 119 more dollars into my jeep.
SaretteJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #39
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I was driving a long a country road in Virginia when I see the distinctive tai lights of a TJ poking up out of a ditch. I pull over and find this old lady in her bone stock jeep standing there in the rain. I asked her if she needed a tow and started to get out my recovery gear.

Then it occurs to me...
"Did you try putting it in 4 lo and backing out?"
"4 what?"
"Never mind, let me have your keys"

2 minutes later and with minimal slippage the TJ climbed the hill and I sent her on her way, she didn't even know what 4wd was. Makes me wonder why she'd buy a jeep in the first place!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.