Post your Jeep rescue stories - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Post your Jeep rescue stories

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 08-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
GXP20T
2010 JK Wrangler 

Post your Jeep rescue stories

If you have a Jeep rescue story, post it up! I don't mean where you pulled out a stuck off-roader from a mud pit. But stories of you helping another person that ran off the road, or helping police/fire dept./medics help someone else ect ect ect.

GXP20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well one time i was hanging out on the beach, just attached my kayaks on top of the jeep after a few hours on the water, and i saw a 2wd ford econoline van trying to pull out a 20' boat from the steepest part of the beach...probably 10 feet of vertical over 10-15 feet of run on gravely sandy rocky beach. It was pretty funny to watch until he lost so much traction she started sliding into the water. Instinctively she throttled harder (this guy wasn't that smart) and smoked her radiator. Now powerless, I figured time to join in. strapped a tow line and yanked him (and his boat) over the hump and on to flat land where it could cool off...and her very pissed husband (who was in the boat the entire time yelling at her to stop spinning the tires) could relax for a while.

Does that count?

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
ujehed
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I got one. Got woke up by knocking on the door about 2am one morning. I get up answer the door and two guys in an xj had hit a hole down the road and got more than they bargained for. So cummins to the rescue. We pull up to this jeep. 01 xj, stock stock stock. I am not sure the speed they had to use to get as far out in this hole as they did but i bet it was a show. Framed out bad. I didnt really think much of it until i hooked to it and it was like trying to uproot a tree. I eventually resorted to yanking which had better results but not much. Only mod on this jeep was a body armor rear bumper. Well more was then what you might have thought. Got it about half way out and the next jerk didnt feel quite as solid. Ended hooking around the shackle and finally getting him out. He prolly wishes the next morning he had just left it. Windows were down the whole time, windshield cover in about 2 inches of soupy nasty mud, missing $400 bumper, dropped cell phone in floor board which was completely full of water, lost wallet in hole. Bad night for this dude. Good for the hole though, looked like a dozer had cleaned the center out after i got him out. The pile of mud he shoved out with the back of his jeep was about 2 1/2 feet tall.... I think he learned alot though, mtz's throw alot of mud
ujehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
wjjeep393

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujehed View Post
I got one. Got woke up by knocking on the door about 2am one morning. I get up answer the door and two guys in an xj had hit a hole down the road and got more than they bargained for. So cummins to the rescue. We pull up to this jeep. 01 xj, stock stock stock. I am not sure the speed they had to use to get as far out in this hole as they did but i bet it was a show. Framed out bad. I didnt really think much of it until i hooked to it and it was like trying to uproot a tree. I eventually resorted to yanking which had better results but not much. Only mod on this jeep was a body armor rear bumper. Well more was then what you might have thought. Got it about half way out and the next jerk didnt feel quite as solid. Ended hooking around the shackle and finally getting him out. He prolly wishes the next morning he had just left it. Windows were down the whole time, windshield cover in about 2 inches of soupy nasty mud, missing $400 bumper, dropped cell phone in floor board which was completely full of water, lost wallet in hole. Bad night for this dude. Good for the hole though, looked like a dozer had cleaned the center out after i got him out. The pile of mud he shoved out with the back of his jeep was about 2 1/2 feet tall.... I think he learned alot though, mtz's throw alot of mud
Thats a crazy story man. My buddy got his Land Rover stuck in a bad hole and we had to have a big block chevy mud truck get us out. And the yanking method does seem to work better then just trying to walk it out. I have tried to save people on the beach before with my wj, but cops nomrally help them first.
wjjeep393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #5
ujehed
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The dude had a couple that night, had the other guy drive him home. I would love to have seen his face when he walked out and seen his jeep. I would be willing to guess he went back to bed...
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:17 AM   #6
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I was finishing up my homework when my dad came in my room and told me the neighbor was stuck in his back yard with his avelanche (sp?). He went in his back yeard to drive over the snow to compact it so his workers could come and work on the house. His house was under constuction, so there was mud and holes and on top of that there was a foot of snow on the ground. There was mud and holes everywhere.

Needless to say he got stuck the front end stuck in a ditch. All i had for recovery at the time was a ball for the hitch with the mount, and my front bumper with the d rings. I had wrapped the recovery strap around the ball, and in my dring. As i was trying to yank him out i got a big tear in my recovery strap. But eventually got him out.

I showed him the strap and he said he was going to pay for it, but he never did.

BTW i mowed his lawn when he first bought the house, he also offered to give me 20$ as soon as he got some cash, guess what...never got paid.

I will most likely never do a favor for him again.

Next time he'll call for a tow truck.

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
codyjames
2008 JK Wrangler 

A few weeks ago I was in Danbury CT with my gf. It had been raining particularly hard that day with torrential downpours on and off all day. We were planning on getting some dinner and seeing a movie. We came across a flooded out street with a submerged BMW 3 series. The driver was a middle aged woman who was freaking out because her new bimmer was hydrolocked and filling with water. Instead of helping the locals were taking pictures. After pulling up and determining she wasn't driving out I agreed to help. New bimmers suck plastic everywhere no where to access the frame even after getting soaked. I eventually calmed her down enough to pop her truck and find the screw in recovery hook, which is pretty good considering she was begging me to use my jeep to push her car out. After a slow 75 foot or so drag backwards she was on relatively dry ground. I just feel bad her car was most likely ruined. After she calmed me down she thanked me and offered to pay me but I figured she already had a rough day. By the time I was done the police had shut down the road and diverted traffic. All said and done I got soaked, my gf thought it was awesome, and I eventually got some dinner!
codyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
ujehed
1996 XJ Cherokee 

GF think it was macho and cook you dinner? Maybe sing the batman song with your name? Outstanding citizen jeeper!
Unread 08-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #9
cheapjeeps85
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i was out in a mud hole with my friends one in a xj and another in a lifted mj and my tj well the the mj started over heating so he headed home and about 10 mi later the xj wouldent start so i pulled the xj home and right as we get the xj to my friends house i get a call from the guy with the mj saying he got stuck and a ram on 35s got stuck trying to pull him out so i end up going out there to pull them out to find the ram was stuck in the same spot my friend got a f150 on 40 in bogers stuck any way about 10 later i had them both out
cheapjeeps85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #10
BAMAJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeeps85 View Post
i was out in a mud hole with my friends one in a xj and another in a lifted mj and my tj well the the mj started over heating so he headed home and about 10 mi later the xj wouldent start so i pulled the xj home and right as we get the xj to my friends house i get a call from the guy with the mj saying he got stuck and a ram on 35s got stuck trying to pull him out so i end up going out there to pull them out to find the ram was stuck in the same spot my friend got a f150 on 40 in bogers stuck any way about 10 later i had them both out
Holy lack of punctuation Batman!
BLUE JEEP #237
BAMAJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

A couple of years back we had a pretty hefty snow storm, it started first thing in the AM and went all day at about an inch an hour. I was at work and we had a relatively empty 18 wheeler back up to our loading dock and when he unloaded some stuff, he couldn't get out of the loading dock area which was a slight incline. There was maybe 6 inches of snow and he would pull forward about 2-4 feet and slide backwards into the loading dock. I offered to try to tow him out with my Grand Cherokee (I6). He said "no way in hell are you going to be able to do anything with your Jeep". I told him that he had nothing to lose and why not give it a shot. I hooked up my tow strap to the front bumper of the rig and put it in 4Lo. I told him when I started to pull forward, to try to accelerate. I slowly accelerated and he punched it. I pulled him out on the first shot...he just needed the extra momentum. He jumped out of his rig with a huge smile on his face and he said "Jeeps are awesome!". I honestly didnt think I would be able to get him up and out but it was easy. Even I was impressed.

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
www.facebook.com/BlackJeepSociety
2010 JK & 2004 WJ
CTJeepWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #12
N5RMQ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was at the Mall the other day, just cruising around as usual. I saw a lady comeing out of Macy's with her hands full of packages, she stumbled, dropped all her packages, and skinned her knees up on the asphalt. The temperature was about 105 and I could see she was in trouble. I drove my Jeep right up to her and threw all her packages in the seat and followed her as she walked to her car. When we got there she loaded all her packages into her car while I sat in my Air Conditioned Jeep. When she was done she gave me $25. for my trouble.. Love my Jeep.
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #13
topmagoo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i pulled a h2 off a gravel pile that had him high-centered. he was showing his 8 y/o son how awesome his hummer was... i showed the son how awesome a tj is...
topmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #14
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmagoo View Post
i pulled a h2 off a gravel pile that had him high-centered. he was showing his 8 y/o son how awesome his hummer was... i showed the son how awesome a tj is...
Awesome, too bad you didn't get a picture!

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
www.facebook.com/BlackJeepSociety
2010 JK & 2004 WJ
CTJeepWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #15
crees77
2001 TJ Wrangler 

First time out wheelin'

I was out with my friend and we were just going through some big mud holes messing around and having a good time...then I here some yelling about 100 yards away so I make my way over and I see an F-250 lifted about 8 inches sitting on 35ish inch tires...he was tall.. I asked the guy if he was alright and if he wanted me to pull him out. He asked me what i was driving and i responded, "A Jeep Wrangler of course!" he rudely told me, "there is no way that can pull me out, my truck weighs 10,000 pounds and its got 500+ horsepower" .... i said, "well do you want me to try??" and he said "yeah why not". so i put my tj in 4-lo and I yanked that F-250 right out...and he was so deep that the mud was up to the top of the grill in the front... lets just say he owed me one later that day.
crees77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.