Post your funny driving scares! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Post your funny driving scares!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 10-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
stottman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Post your funny driving scares!

So I got a funny story to share. When hurricane Isaac happened a few months ago we had severe flooding on the treasure coast in Florida, where I live. So me and some friends were out at night driving throught all flooded areas helping pulling people out of deep water holes that they tried to drive through in their CARS. Go figure. So anyways, I was going down a long dark road that was barely underwater when I hit a huge puddle and this huge wall of water comes up and I could barely see. So when this wall of water comes up what appears to be headlights is right in front of me. So I slam on the brakes, squeal like a little girl, and hold on for dear life. Nothing happens. I was like where did that car go, then I realize my windshield lights are on. My passenger had turned them on just as we hit the puddle and I didnt realize so I thought there was a car in front of me from the reflection on the wall of water. I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest.

Unread 10-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Steamfab

It happens to the best of us! Good news it was only the reflection.
Steamfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
DeejayZeejay
1994 ZJ 

Couple of years ago when we got some good snow, I was driving to work in my zj. The roads had been plowed with little snow still on them. Cruising about 45mph, no problem in a Jeep : ) Well this doomas in a car cut in front of me doing about 25mph! No chance of stopping, I swerved into the left lane to avoid hitting him. The left lane always has those mounds of snow that quite didn't get plowed.... hit that and lost control of the rear. Tried to correct and went across a couple lanes almost hitting another car. Overcorrected that and went into a spin. Nothing to do but cross my fingers and hope for the best. Went up the curb on the medium sideways and took out 2 signs nearly blowing my passenger side windows. Coming to a stop and a little shook up. Looked around for any cops and I was clear. Drove out like nothing happened : ) Little damage to fender and rear quarter panel. Funny thing about this story, a year later with a different zj. I took out those same signs in a similar situation. I fear no sign.
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
stottman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I've hit a few signs too, on accident of course. LOL
Unread 11-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
stottman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Lol
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
WJlover
1999 WJ 

this ones kind of...funny i guess as well as scary. funny in a comparison sense.

so, back when i went to a tech school, im driving my mothers little v6 mustang on the highway. pretty decent traffic, but a casual drive. when up beside me comes a ford expedition...in the drivers seat, a blonde girl who looked to be about 17-18 years old...starts drifting into my lane. i think shes just drifting.
turns out shes actually switching lanes, and not looking while doing it. if i wasnt so observant, i would have been her victim.
now, the funny part. i used to think it was young girls i did NOT want to drive next to, and i didnt have a problem with older female drivers.

well, on a highway trip in my pontiac g6, doing about 85mph, i see an SUV coming up to pass me, on the right of course. shes probably doing about 95mph. i catch a glimpse of her, shes about 55 years old, and TEXTING...WITH BOTH FREAKIN HANDS! not even looking at the road.
had she hit anyone it wouldnt have been so funny.
that was one of the rare times ive been infuriated, AND entertained at the same damn time.
WJlover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
GhostTownRubi
2013 JK Wrangler 

This happened to me several years ago when I still lived in So. Cal., I was a teenager at the time. A friend and I had just gone for a job interview and were driving home on the freeway in my '69 Olds Cutlass. As we are driving along, I notice cars swerving and then the car in front of me slams on his brakes. I hit my brakes a little too hard and I actually do a complete 180 and am now facing south in the northbound lanes of traffic. Cars are swerving everywhere and my buddy and I are about to s*** our pants. What was amazing was the fact we never got hit. Come to find out, some idiot didn't tie down a couch he had in the back of his truck and it fell onto the freeway in front of the cars in front of us. It's funny now, but at the time, scared the crap out of us.
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
WJlover
1999 WJ 

when i first got my license, in TX i was driving my little chevy cobalt over a highway overpass. my gps said to take the next right turn...took the turn as instructed...

it was the offramp for the highway... luckily there were houses and driveways right on the offramp so i quickly pulled into a driveway and turned around and continued to blame the gps...
WJlover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #9
CGlaser
1998 ZJ 

Everyday of me driving is a scare.
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #10
FunkyJeepz
2004 LJ Wrangler 

That big long snake at the gas pump always scares my wallet lol
FunkyJeepz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.