Police being...well Police lol..my RANTINGness! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Police being...well Police lol..my RANTINGness!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Police being...well Police lol..my RANTINGness!

So the other day my friend and I were going to hang out and do homework. I was being dumb and started to race him, and we didn't get pulled over or spotted by any cops UNTIL! I accidentally was in the wrong lane and had to turn. I was in front on my friend and made an illegal U turn and he followed me. We were both at the light and both of us had out music loud (full after market systems) AND no front plates. So we make the turn and I notice two cops...one to my right at the light and one to my left at the light. I was in front of my friend...we proceeded to turn left and they pulled him over. What gives? I had music loud and no front plates too. I think since his car is a show truck that why they pulled it over, and maybe it was a racial thing as well. Who knows, but I was the one who was meant to get the ticket not him and it sorta pissed me off how that happened. But thank God they didn't get us for racing!

I'm posting some pics so mine is the Jeep and his is the GMC....lemmie know your thoughts!

MichaelaCali89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/.../image_12_.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_6761.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_2848.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMAG0308.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...s/image_3_.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_0777.jpg
Unread 08-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like ya both were being kinda douchy and one of ya got busted. Try to make this a lesson learned. Next time it could be you.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
LilyBayXJ
Wheels With Moose

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Cute "truck".
1983 CJ-5 - Stock - Sold
TJ Boot Camp
LilyBayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

You were in Los Altos? That's the problem right there!

The only reason I go to Los Altos anymore is because that's where my D.O. is - and the man's just about qualified as a miracle worker. Apart from that, I have no reason to go to that city - nor do I want to. (If Dr. Jadali would move his practise into San Jose or Campbell, I'd have no trouble at all with that. He's one of two of my doctors that's not here in town near Good Samaritan - the other is my psychologist. Post-traumatic neurological issues, which require regular re-evaluations.)

The front plate law is stupid - I can't see any need for it, other than "automated law enforcement" (much of which has been at least partially ruled as unconstitutional, but is still in force in many states. With red light cameras and photo RADAR, you lose your Fourth Amendment right to face your accuser and cross-examine.)

Los Altos is probably about the worst city in the Bay Area to do anything silly on the roads. Hell, I once got knocked off there about twenty years ago just for smoking while I was walking on the sidewalk (which, apparently, was illegal there for some asinine reason. Cop told me to put it out, I butted it out in my hand and put it in my pocket. I think that's why he didn't officially cite me...)
Unread 08-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
sheila_the_xj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

is your friend hispanic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootz View Post
how would she know about boxes on the porch, unless the porch is right beside the kitchen? Confused:confused::confused:
Quote:
jeeps earn nicknames. a zj on 31's, hhmmmm. Mallcrawl would work so would headingtothestoreformilkandeggs or maybe hardcoreforhighway
Quote:
damn, your barracks have actual wallboard and hardwood floors? you must be AF
sheila_the_xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 06:06 AM   #7
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj
Sounds like ya both were being kinda douchy and one of ya got busted. Try to make this a lesson learned. Next time it could be you.
Yes that is true I admit that. I was the one who started it all though. But I was infront if him at the light and also had no front plate and loud music but they pulled him over.
Unread 08-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #8
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90
You were in Los Altos? That's the problem right there!

The only reason I go to Los Altos anymore is because that's where my D.O. is - and the man's just about qualified as a miracle worker. Apart from that, I have no reason to go to that city - nor do I want to. (If Dr. Jadali would move his practise into San Jose or Campbell, I'd have no trouble at all with that. He's one of two of my doctors that's not here in town near Good Samaritan - the other is my psychologist. Post-traumatic neurological issues, which require regular re-evaluations.)

The front plate law is stupid - I can't see any need for it, other than "automated law enforcement" (much of which has been at least partially ruled as unconstitutional, but is still in force in many states. With red light cameras and photo RADAR, you lose your Fourth Amendment right to face your accuser and cross-examine.)

Los Altos is probably about the worst city in the Bay Area to do anything silly on the roads. Hell, I once got knocked off there about twenty years ago just for smoking while I was walking on the sidewalk (which, apparently, was illegal there for some asinine reason. Cop told me to put it out, I butted it out in my hand and put it in my pocket. I think that's why he didn't officially cite me...)
Yes we were I live in LA we met up at my place heading to Happy Donuts in PA. I totally know how it is with the doctors, there are a lot of good ones in my area. In fact I coach tennis and many of my students parents are doctors. Sorry to hear about the post trauma though.

Yes thats what my friend said! He said they don't want us driving with no plates so they can catch people running lights. My plate came off when I had to push a friends van off the highway...it looked better on the floor of my back seat than my bumper so I left it like that lol

Wow really? Well that does make sense I never see many people smoking around Los Altos, what part of LA were you in? Sometimes I just think they are really bored! Lol I mean some cops are nice ok of course. But he actually got pulled over by a PA cop.
Unread 08-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #9
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila_the_xj
is your friend hispanic?
Yes he is. But he was born here and grew up here. I am 1\4 hipanic and a 1/4 native amerucan (the rest european. But I look more white than anything...I just get really tan lol

My whole point was that I obviously should have gotten pulled over but he did. Maybe because of race or maybe cause his truck stands out a lot more. I just thought it was messed up. I mean ya I deserved a ticket obviously breaking the law is bad. But picking on people for apoearences or whatever is just as bad in my eyes.
Unread 08-08-2011, 06:24 AM   #10
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Oops just realized tge truck pics r gone...gotta put em up again in a little bit.
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #11
Jeepsman
2005 KJ Liberty 

If you feel bad about it and if there was a fine, pay it for him. I tend not to feel sympathetic for those who race on public streets, endangering the drivers who are just trying to get from point A to B legally.
Unread 08-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #12
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsman
If you feel bad about it and if there was a fine, pay it for him. I tend not to feel sympathetic for those who race on public streets, endangering the drivers who are just trying to get from point A to B legally.
Well yea I feel bad about the fine. Yea I know its very dumb to race, its just something I love to do. But I was going to ask him if he wants me to pay it or help him out with it.
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #13
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Truck pics

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_7309.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_6701.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_1635.jpg
Unread 08-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #14
caligiuri87
1994 ZJ 

lolololol dude u guys hahaha but yes its not smart but its something you can laugh about later so. how much was the ticket? here in iowa we need both plates and a converter anythingelse dont matter lol iowa!!!! lots of jeeps chevys and crap here jsut got an 94 grand cherokee limited has 219000 miles but still running great lots of mud here too lol. well at least ur ok could have got hit or something
caligiuri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #15
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligiuri87
lolololol dude u guys hahaha but yes its not smart but its something you can laugh about later so. how much was the ticket? here in iowa we need both plates and a converter anythingelse dont matter lol iowa!!!! lots of jeeps chevys and crap here jsut got an 94 grand cherokee limited has 219000 miles but still running great lots of mud here too lol. well at least ur ok could have got hit or something
Omg yea we were hella laughing later but I think his ticket is around 400. Wow thats cool I was thinking of visiting my friend in Idaho and going mudding cause over there they are laid back too.

Oh cool a 94 I have a 99 with almost the same mileage LOL but a lot of repairs haha.

Yea luckily we didn't crash but we went going super fast.

Have you done anything to your Jeep yet?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.