People Checking Out Your Jeep? Interesting Stories? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > People Checking Out Your Jeep? Interesting Stories?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #61
jayward
2000 WJ 

i had someone want to buy mine, but till i get some new front calipers, i ain't going anywhere any time soon... if you've got akebono wj upgrades, lmk...

jayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #62
Driftwood7
2004 WK 

I was sitting at a stop light on my way to work it was raining. Well this guy in an old blazer Jimmy or something (wasn't a jeep model doesn't matter right) rolls down his window and starts staring hard at my jeep in his side mirror he then proceeds to wipe off said mirror. and almost misses the light made me laugh and made my day
Driftwood7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #63
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm constantly getting compliments about it, I love when people ask me about it LOL makes me love my Jeep that much more
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 04:03 AM   #64
Flyordie
1985 XJ Cherokee 

Only ever had one guy offer to buy my XJ. $2,000 for it, straight cash. I didn't think he was for real so I turned him down.. :-\

lol. Kinda funny looking back on it, I probably shoulda taken it and gotten a 4.0 XJ with that.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #65
fuzz2010
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Several times while getting gas I've had people say to me "Hey nice Jeep" and on a few occasions had offers to buy it. Some guy offered 2k for my old FSJ that I payed 800 for, didn't sell it to him but he gave me his number when I was ready to sell it.

A guy come up to me in a grocery store parking lot while I was taking my windows off and asked if Jeeps came with hardtops, while three spots away was another YJ with a hard top.

And whenever I meet someone to sell or buy Jeep parts it turns into a hour long conversation about Jeeps.
fuzz2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #66
jameslee97206
2000 TJ Wrangler 

My jeep gets compliments all the time. The best was a couple weeks ago. Going up to mt.hood in Oregon. Driving in right lane when a ranger comes pulling along my side. They honk, passenger...Pulls her great big boobies out and starts shaking them at the jeep.
jameslee97206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #67
mtb_crzd47
2000 WJ 

No pics? No happen.

Sent by your mother via my Garminfone
mtb_crzd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #68
nathanninja
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb_crzd47 View Post
No pics? No happen.

X2

People around my parts don't say much until you break the ice with them. People stare at my Jeep wherever I go, but I've never had someone ask me about it. I'm always the one who starts the conversations with the fellow Jeep owners. When I was having problems with it losing power on acceleration, I was driving along and waiting at a stoplight for the traffic to go, and the light turned green (I was turning right) and this cute chick pulls up next to me in a SWEET TJ, I look over, nod, wave, and then proceed to pull out all cool and smooth, until the YJ starts sputtering and I slow to about 5mph. She passes, waves and laughs at me. So close, the old girl (YJ) let me down, not her fault though, she needed a new O2 sensor. I had this girl offer me her Jeep. Like she didn't want it anymore. It was a mostly stock TJ, and she said it had the roughest ride, was unreliable as anything, and she wanted to sell it to me.
nathanninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #69
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I started this thread because I was getting looks and almost caused an accident. Now my wife drives it more than anyone.

She had a motorcycle circle and follow her to Harbor Freight. The guy started checking out my suspension and home made welded parts. Kinda creepy but appreciated; I guess.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #70
jameslee97206
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb_crzd47 View Post
No pics? No happen.

Lol, I usually don't have my camera out while rollin up the mountain. True story though.
jameslee97206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #71
nathanninja
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hahah that reminds me, I was at a horse show and this guy was walking down the driveway and I saw him like staring at my Jeep as he's giong by, and he discreetly pulls out his phone and takes pictures of the Jeep. Made my life. Best part, I was still sitting in it. Oh gosh I hope he liked the Jeep and not me....
nathanninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #72
Ideford Jeep
2000 WJ 

The only person who makes comments about my jeep is my son, & as he's a dodge fan , they're usually quite rude!
Ideford Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #73
theskier74
2001 WJ 

i have an American Flag flying off the back of my WJ from a home made pole and I have had people salute me, give me the thumbs up, and if im parking at a store or something people always stop and look at it. its pretty cool standing out in a crowd
theskier74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #74
TJAllDay01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

one day, after getting caught in a rain storm with no doors or roof, i pulled up to a stop light next to an old dirt path that'll lead you into mud country. the rain had just stopped, and an old pick up pulled up to me (me and my 3 buddies were soaked beyond reason) and said, how'd you like that storm (obviously mocking us). I said "without rain there wouldn't be mud," and pulled off the road down the dirt path through a giant mud puddle. All i heard was cheering when I did it. Great times =]
TJAllDay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #75
HunterTJ01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo12227
While unlocking my jeep at a parking garage at my college campus, I had a pretty amazing looking gurl walk up to me while on her cellphone. She took the time to cross the street and put her friend on hold to tell me that she liked my jeep lol. I can only hope she was putting her boyfriend on hold to tell me she liked the rig.

My absolute favorite jeep admirer was a little teal sedan that pulled up beside me on the highway while my friend was with me. Another quite attractive woman rolls down the back rear window while we are going 60mph down the highway. I had my top off and she insisted on rolling down her window, leaning her torso half way out of the vehicle while waving just to yell "we love your jeep!!" while hanging out of the window going down the highway. It was mid afternoon and by the looks of it they were on their way to the beach, so I dont think it was late enough for the alcohol to be talking lol. And whether she was serious or drunk it was still great having my buddy there to back up the claim!!

Another priceless double take involved about a four to six year old kid at a gas station right after I pulled into a parking spot near the entrance to the station. Before walking in with his mom he promptly walked over while I was in my jeep and proceeded to give my 36" left front Mickey Thompson a giant hug. His mom peeled him off and apologized but I told her she has a jeeper in the making!

Other than those three the rest are all younger to middle aged guys proceeding to small talk at the gas station and parts stores about how expensive my tires must have been... how expensive the gas must be... etc.. etc.. etc.. I did have a guy however (jokingly of course) offer to let me drive around his new mustang for a day if he could drive my jeep around lol. On a seperate note, I get a little nervious when I walk up to my jeep in a parking lot and some tool is underneith it inspecting the driveline. I usually have a few choice words for the punk once I get out there. I don't like people admiring my rig from touching distance.
Love the first story. Awesome
HunterTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.