People Checking Out Your Jeep? Interesting Stories? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > People Checking Out Your Jeep? Interesting Stories?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #46
Crisbot
1990 YJ Wrangler 

^^^^^ great story. The day after I bought my 90 wrangler I had three offers. One offer was for triple of what I bought it and my was mad I didn't take it. She drove it the next day and said "don't ever sell this jeep"

Crisbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #47
Crisbot
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisbot
^^^^^ great story. The day after I bought my 90 wrangler I had three offers. One offer was for triple of what I bought it and my was mad I didn't take it. She drove it the next day and said "don't ever sell this jeep"
Wife*. I forgot to place that in there.
Crisbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #48
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisbot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisbot View Post
Wife*. I forgot to place that in there.
hahahahaha! all my friends want a jeep now.

i have spread the good word of jeep and converted them all, and i must say... i learned real quick with my chick friends just how high a jeep is on the their cool factor!

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #49
paTJinTX
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My boyfriend always comes home with stories whenever I let him take the jeep out - mostly for gas runs. People rarely approach me. I guess they think it couldn't possibly be mine. A lot of truckers honk. And homeless people always talk to me about it. Conversation usually goes:
"Nice jeep, is it yours?"
"Yes, sir" - I'm Southern so if you look older than me, it's sir or ma'am regardless of your status
"I bet you put a lot into it"
"Yeah, I'm broke, takes every spare penny I have"
Light usually turns green by now so I'm in the clear.

Little kids will always stop & look in parking lots. If I work on my jeep at my parents' - they have a garage & I don't - the kids on the street will come by on their bikes and watch. Once one of the kids said I was making too much noise & had to stop or close the garage. Yeah. Right. Like that was happening.

Oh and once an old lady was walking down the sidewalk, looked inside - not hard as I never have doors on - makes her husband come back & take a picture. She had to be at least in her 80s.
paTJinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #50
Mike89db
1999 XJ Cherokee 

No one ever compliments me on my jeep. It could be one of 3 things. My bald tires, its a cherokee and not a wrangler, or because I live in connecticut? Most people in this state are stuck up anyways. I dont even get a quick look.
Mike89db is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #51
leeejone
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here's a story from the other end...

I was walking down the road the other day in an area of my hometown that's popular for its botiques and smaller mom-and-pop type shops (The highlands area of Louisville KY, for anyone who's familiar) and saw a guy with an older YJ parked by the road. He had about 15 kids, all looking like they were younger than teens, all yelling at once about how awesome it was. He looked pretty humored.
Unread 07-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #52
JeepDrew_94
2000 WJ 

Was downtown one night and parked my jeep on main st in front of a bar I was at shooting pool, with the top and doors off. I go outside with some buddies to smoke and I look over at my jeep and there is this homeless guy climbing in it. I walk over to the jeep and the guy sees me and jumps out on the drivers side and runs off. Never parked on main st with the top and doors off again.
JeepDrew_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #53
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDrew_94 View Post
Was downtown one night and parked my jeep on main st in front of a bar I was at shooting pool, with the top and doors off. I go outside with some buddies to smoke and I look over at my jeep and there is this homeless guy climbing in it. I walk over to the jeep and the guy sees me and jumps out on the drivers side and runs off. Never parked on main st with the top and doors off again.
"what? you wanna go for a ride? then get the **** out..."

yep...

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #54
slick2570
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeejone
Here's a story from the other end...

I was walking down the road the other day in an area of my hometown that's popular for its botiques and smaller mom-and-pop type shops (The highlands area of Louisville KY, for anyone who's familiar) and saw a guy with an older YJ parked by the road. He had about 15 kids, all looking like they were younger than teens, all yelling at once about how awesome it was. He looked pretty humored.
Yeah man, I used to live in the highlands. There are some nice Wranglers out there. And occasionally i'd see a brown CJ7 with a newlywed looking couple with a young boy in the back seat. They always had the biggest smiles on their faces. I wanted to talk to them but only ever saw them in passing.

-Eric
Unread 07-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #55
NorthwestCJS
1966 CJ6 

Last time I took my cj6 out for a spin i pulled into a gas station went inside to get something to drink and saw a county cop looking over my jeep. i asked if everything was alright and he replied that he hasnt seen a cj6 since he was a kid. we got to talking then he noticed my license plate, and made a joke abot it being expired, i looked at him and said "yep expired back in 66" the jeep has classic plates. A 5 minute fill up turned into a thirty minute talk about jeeps and the new offroading regs we have in this state. Its funny that with all the offroad vehicles we have here, how little trails we can actually use.
Unread 07-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #56
leeejone
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick2570 View Post
Yeah man, I used to live in the highlands. There are some nice Wranglers out there. And occasionally i'd see a brown CJ7 with a newlywed looking couple with a young boy in the back seat. They always had the biggest smiles on their faces. I wanted to talk to them but only ever saw them in passing.

-Eric
\Haha, I think I know the couple you're talking about, or at least have seen them in passing. If so, they've painted their CJ7 baby blue. I hate the color but see it parked on Bardstown Road near Bonnycastle all the time.
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:23 AM   #57
slick2570
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeejone

\Haha, I think I know the couple you're talking about, or at least have seen them in passing. If so, they've painted their CJ7 baby blue. I hate the color but see it parked on Bardstown Road near Bonnycastle all the time.
Hmm, its weird that they painted it. But the next time you see the Jeep parked then put a JF card in it so they will join!

-Eric
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #58
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

i dont get it to much around my area. i think its because most around here are either foreigners, rich yuppies, hippie dbags, or just dont care.
'79 CJ7 stock, 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_304_cj7 View Post
I used Marvel once before I took my Jeep out on the trails. I didn't get stuck all weekend so I guess it works.
SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #59
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Just last night I stopped for gas. The attendant rushed past 2 or 3 other cars to come up and ask if I needed any assistance.

I politely declined, but he stuck around to chat about the Jeep. Asked me confusingly why I was taking the pump towards the driver's seat. I then pointed to the gas tank under my seat.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #60
BrandonJames
1974 CJ5 

I went up to grab some sub's from the local shop and i decided, what the hell, i'll take the jeep. I saw a red yj go back and forth past the shop while my subs were being made, and right when i was about to leave he pulled up next to the jeep and we sat and talked for about 20 minutes.
BrandonJames is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.