People Checking Out Your Jeep? Interesting Stories? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > People Checking Out Your Jeep? Interesting Stories?

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 05-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #31
Bulala
2011 JK Wrangler 

Location: Angel Fire, New Mexico. And most of Summit County often :-), New Mexico
I bought my jeep 3 days ago in Colorado Springs...drove it straight to Pikes Peak bc it was snowing and I though it would only be right for my new baby (his name is William Wallace) to climb a 14,000 mountain with me as our first ride (even if a car can do it nowadays)...the booth attendant commented on it and gave me free admission 'bc its your birthday & you don't see many cute blonde girls making everyone else in jealous in her jeep' he also indulged me on taking a few pics of me with the Jeep before (freshly washed from dealership, tires all prettied up too) & after the summit climb (barely even 'dirty' in my mind but a bit of snow and mud)

At the summit I went in to use the restroom and when I came out there were some people pointing & staring. Mind you...everything on there is stock at the moment bc I haven't even gotten him home yet...

This is totally new to me...people never stared openly like this at my old tricked out Xterra, but in the past 3 days it seems everyone else on the road is my new best friend with the comments, the 'I love your jeep' being mouthed by other drivers while I'm driving 75 down the hwy in New Mexico...the truckers hooting and honking...the people at gas stations...and the other jeeps doing the wave thing...it seems like America at large is congratulating me on my vehicular taste. After reading this thread, I guess this is gonna get worse the more I do to it!! Haha

when I bought it my friend (long time jeep folk) saw my post on Facebook, called me and said "just wave back!!!"

So if you see me driving through Texas today I'm the blonde in the blue jeep with half my roof off, a bit of a sunburn & windblown from driving all day yesterday...waving very excitedly

Bulala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #32
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

A couple of days ago I was driving down a 4 lane road after school and pull up to a Chevy Corvair with tires wider than mine on the back and I look over and see no hood, so I know he means business. He looks over and says my Jeep looks good and fun. I then complimented his car and his making about 500 hp or 700 hp. I cant remember which one he said but its a 454 big block. He said he does 10 second quarters. I was driving behind him for about a mile more and after every stop light he would hammer on it and spin the tires.
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #33
marksman1941
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulala View Post
I bought my jeep 3 days ago in Colorado Springs...drove it straight to Pikes Peak bc it was snowing and I though it would only be right for my new baby (his name is William Wallace) to climb a 14,000 mountain with me as our first ride (even if a car can do it nowadays)...the booth attendant commented on it and gave me free admission 'bc its your birthday & you don't see many cute blonde girls making everyone else in jealous in her jeep' he also indulged me on taking a few pics of me with the Jeep before (freshly washed from dealership, tires all prettied up too) & after the summit climb (barely even 'dirty' in my mind but a bit of snow and mud)

At the summit I went in to use the restroom and when I came out there were some people pointing & staring. Mind you...everything on there is stock at the moment bc I haven't even gotten him home yet...

This is totally new to me...people never stared openly like this at my old tricked out Xterra, but in the past 3 days it seems everyone else on the road is my new best friend with the comments, the 'I love your jeep' being mouthed by other drivers while I'm driving 75 down the hwy in New Mexico...the truckers hooting and honking...the people at gas stations...and the other jeeps doing the wave thing...it seems like America at large is congratulating me on my vehicular taste. After reading this thread, I guess this is gonna get worse the more I do to it!! Haha

when I bought it my friend (long time jeep folk) saw my post on Facebook, called me and said "just wave back!!!"

So if you see me driving through Texas today I'm the blonde in the blue jeep with half my roof off, a bit of a sunburn & windblown from driving all day yesterday...waving very excitedly
Welcome to the forum! You ought to post up a picture of your jeep, so we know what to look for if we are ever in Texas, lol.
Unread 05-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #34
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Lance (the owner of Pirate4x4), his dad stopped me at a gas station and talked about how he really liked my XJ. We then got into small talk and he asked me if i have ever been on Pirate4x4. I said yea, he said that his Son is Lance. It was pretty cool, small world!
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2011, 03:32 AM   #35
Bulala
2011 JK Wrangler 

Location: Angel Fire, New Mexico. And most of Summit County often :-), New Mexico
a couple pics of William Wallace :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman1941 View Post
Welcome to the forum! You ought to post up a picture of your jeep, so we know what to look for if we are ever in Texas, lol.

Bulala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #36
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

We were driving around in our new jk rubi, and we stopped for gas. And the attendant comes out and says"wow, you guys are lucky to have scored such a nice jeep! When did you get it?" And I told him just recently. He had a built xj. It was sweet

Sent from my Droid using JeepForum
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #37
metalmulisha
1989 YJ Wrangler 

went to the market down the street before work when i was walking out a guy was in front of me and looked at my jeep and shook his head and laughed i asked you got something on your mind man? he said no but nice jeep i said thanks then he said i was just laughing thinking i have a dodge dakota and i cant see it behind your jeep and then said i need some tires like yours he then told me he just washed it in his yard and said he had to put it in 4wheel drive to get out i laughed said sounds like you should trade it in on a jeep
metalmulisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #38
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Im a cart pusher at my local grocery store and so I park my Jeep where I can look at it all day and yesterday, I was gettting some carts and I see two guys walk by then one goes "Damn, I dont know whos Jeep that is, but it is sexy!" Then left a note in it and said we should go mudding soon.
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #39
03Jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm working on my jeep in the garage, so I always open the garage door for better lighting and a nice breeze.
There's always little kids that walk on by with their parents. You should see their faces when they see me tearing apart my TJ. Kids get so excited, one kid was asking his mom what I was doing and insisted that she'd ask me.
Others just stand there and stare, but some come up and ask me what I'm doing.
Sienna Pearl Coat Club Member #24
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My totaled TJ rebuild
03Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #40
leeejone
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Before the rain decided to roll through today I've had my soft top down with a bikini top and C.Res netting up and my doors removed for the last couple of weeks... it's been fantastic!

I'm currently taking summer courses for my second bachelors degree and they started up this week. Today, the entire nursing class (some 40 or so people) were standing around my rig in the parking lot chatting about it. Made me feel pretty good. I gave a few some leads I had on old YJs for sale.
leeejone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #41
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Jeeper View Post
I'm working on my jeep in the garage, so I always open the garage door for better lighting and a nice breeze.
There's always little kids that walk on by with their parents. You should see their faces when they see me tearing apart my TJ. Kids get so excited, one kid was asking his mom what I was doing and insisted that she'd ask me.
Others just stand there and stare, but some come up and ask me what I'm doing.
My little neighbours do the same to me; when Im working on my 300zx or my TJ.
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #42
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My license plate says "MTRBOT" (MOTORBOAT) so I often times comes out to my Jeep and find people posing with it... lol
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #43
bigjermLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So real stories but its pretty common to find someone looking at my Jeep or taking pictures of it. Don't see many wranglers here with Metalcloak fenders so its a new look to a lot of people.
Unread 06-26-2011, 03:37 AM   #44
-DOM-
2001 XJ Cherokee 

People always look at my xj in traffic & on the road but when it's muddy people go crazy. They ask if they can take pics of it & today I went to taco bell and the people at the drive threw asked if the mud was fake and had to touch it to see if it wAs real lol
-DOM- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2011, 04:11 AM   #45
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DOM- View Post
People always look at my xj in traffic & on the road but when it's muddy people go crazy. They ask if they can take pics of it & today I went to taco bell and the people at the drive threw asked if the mud was fake and had to touch it to see if it wAs real lol
been there and done that a few times.

i was at work one time and it was the final route of the day, i just finished and walked into the store when my boss (cool guy) and my co worker were like "DUDE YOU MISSED THE FUNNIEST ****!" so i'm like "ZOMG I MUST KNOW RAWR!". turns out not even 60 seconds before i walked in some chick stormed into the store demanding to know "who's jeep that is out there" in the most angry, loudest voice ever. my boss and my co worker are both like "****... what did he do now?"

they proceed to tell her who the owner is and receive a "WELL TELL THAT MAN I WANNA MARRY HIM!"

then left. the customers in the store... in pure shock... verified this claim.

i guess the wimmenz have a thing for muddy jeeps.

here's how it looked, wasn't that day but was that week.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.