People Checking Out Your Jeep? Interesting Stories? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > People Checking Out Your Jeep? Interesting Stories?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 04-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #16
Bowfin
1992 YJ Wrangler 

While riding in my friends classic '73 Bronco topless and doorless, we stopped by a radio station promo at the mall parking lot and won a CD. On the way out they came across the radio saying" We have another winner, another CD to the crew in a big monster Jeep!"

He hated people calling his Bronco a Jeep.

My favorite color on my Jeep is mud ;D
Bowfin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #17
hdfxrs91
1987 YJ Wrangler 

My paint's faded, it's been washed maybe once in the past 3 years, the doors have been in the garage for two years, it's always topless, the roll bar padding is dry-rotting, but people still stop and say, "Nice Jeep!". I've had guys driving $80K Mercedes tell me they would love to have one (and I wait for them to make an offer, but they don't). Luckily my wife rarely rides in it with me... you'd be reading my obituary after she finds out how many girls wave at me.
And yes, it makes all the work worth it.
hdfxrs91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #18
Drakeslayer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Picks of the girls or it never happened!
Drakeslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #19
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My wife she had two incidents where men approached her to talk about the jeep. She said one was uncomfortable.

Based on the members in the the YJ forum, you'd be taking a significant risk in hitting on a lifted jeep owner's wife. I'm not really violent but some of us are redneck crazy.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #20
ijp4fun
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Pulled into a Chevron station last year after a snow run and the Jeep was covered in mud. Before I could begin pumping gas the Jeep was surrounded by several station employees checking things out. Meanwhile a bright yellow late model Corvette was parked right behind me and they never even gave it the time of day.
Unread 04-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #21
leeejone
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Was parked outside of a Hobby Lobby (don't judge me) once in a blizzard. Came outside at the same time a couple of guys left the Lowes next door and were walking to their Ford F250 which was parked beside my rig... as they were getting into their truck the driver laughed and said "cute truck" in regards to my jeep... when he tried to pull out of his parking space his wheels spun snow all over the place and he just drifted sideways. I dropped my yj into 4-Low and plowed my way through three feet of snow onto the road with him still trying to get away from the parking spot.

My nephew also asks me, every time we see each other, if he can go for a ride in "Uncle Lee's monster Jeep!"
leeejone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #22
GAT72991
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Believe it or not, there's a group of HOTTT girls that just recently graduated (i graduated in 2009 fyi, no "red dot" here lol) that work at the subway down the road from where i go to night school...(Donaldson Center, for aircraft maintenance) every time me and my buddies go there on lunch break they flip out, like OMG NICE JEEP I LOVE IT I LOVE JEEPS CAN I RIDE IN IT?? blah blah lol i have a girlfriend but ive been so, sooo, SOOOOOO very tempted to take them for a ride lol. It's a stock YJ on 31's...females are just attracted to these things...ive had countless waves/winks etc. goin down the road also, like borderline harassment lol. After all the work i've put in it to fix PO stupidity and get it running right, one compliment just completely makes my day
GAT72991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #23
GrCherokeeL
1999 WJ 

I'm guilty for being one of those people who can't help but get out and take pictures of Jeeps.

I take pictures of my Jeep beside another Jeep all the time. Not much so because the Jeep next to it is nicer, but just to point out that there are other Jeepers around. My recent Jeep picture was my Jeep beside a Comanche, nothing special about it really, the Comanche was rusted and it's one of those trucks I like so I thought...what the heck.

I think I've only had two moments where someone stared at my Jeep haha.

It was last week Wednesday when I took my WJ in to get a tire rotation at Mr. Tire. I know a guy who works there, he's one of my good friends. I haven't seen him in person since last year October so decided to pay the $10. so I can see him again and also because although he won't admit it to anyone...he likes Jeeps too.

I know this because he complains about every other main vehicle brand out there, he loves Chevy's, but never has anything bad to say about Jeeps.

Anyways, back to the story of someone staring at my Jeep.

I didn't think my Jeep was anything too special since it's your average 99' Grand Cherokee Laredo, except with a few upgrades I did to it within the past few weeks. Well, my friend told me a few days later that one of the guys he works with thought my Jeep was bada** because of the headlights and tow hooks. He took pictures of course.

I told him I didn't care if the guy took pictures, I didn't think my Jeep was that cool. But I guess if your friends and automotive teacher can notice your Jeep, anyone could.

Otherwise, the other moment was when another good friend of mine and I were both parked beside each other with our Jeeps, discussing little things that are different between the Cherokee and the Grand.

One of the other guys from my automotive class stepped outside and saw us talking, he then decided to comment on my friend's Cherokee, telling him that "His looked way better then mine"

I couldn't argue with the guy, my friend's Jeep was a Cherokee and it did look really nice. But I guess when you comment about one persons Jeep, you have to comment on the other, otherwise both Jeep owners get upset.

My friend started telling me that that guy was a jerk and that my Jeep was better then his was because its a Grand haha.

Pictures!: Jeep and Comanche

WJ and my friend's Cherokee:

Stock WJ+XJ

Stock WJ, lifted XJ

GrCherokeeL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #24
marksman1941
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I've gotten a bunch of random compliments, many when I'm running mt AT's, not my mudders. Kinda surprised me. I had a few people give me a holler and a thumbs up driving down the road, and there are several other built and semi-built cherokees that always wave to me. But the best, by far, was when I went wheeling in this slick, slimy, nasty mud that got EVERYWHERE. I went into town looking like this

and got more attention than I ever have before in it. I had a ton of guys (not optimal, but whatever) yelling and hollering as I drove down the road, thumbs up, the whole bit. Then I rolled to a stop at a 4way stop, and this green Chevy Suburban rolls past me, slows to a crawl in the middle of the (deserted) intersection, the back window rolls down, and I see three girls in the back, all yelling and screaming. I couldn't understand most of what they said, mainly because I was distracted by, ahem, other things, but I clearly caught "We love your Jeep!!" and "Take me with you!" It literally made my week.
Unread 05-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #25
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My neighbour's kid is pretty young; Id say 3-4 years old, but he always runs over to our driveway, and points at my Jeep saying 'Monster truck!'

He also points to my 300zx and says 'race car'

Hes gonna be a good kid.
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #26
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeejone View Post
Was parked outside of a Hobby Lobby (don't judge me) once in a blizzard. Came outside at the same time a couple of guys left the Lowes next door and were walking to their Ford F250 which was parked beside my rig... as they were getting into their truck the driver laughed and said "cute truck" in regards to my jeep... when he tried to pull out of his parking space his wheels spun snow all over the place and he just drifted sideways. I dropped my yj into 4-Low and plowed my way through three feet of snow onto the road with him still trying to get away from the parking spot.
Thats happened to me a few times... the best is when one of my neighbours (whos stuck up and a jerk) got stuck in his NEW Escalade, in, get this, 2 inches of snow. I just drove by in 2wd and laughed...
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #27
rcking323
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickxeo View Post
Thats happened to me a few times... the best is when one of my neighbours (whos stuck up and a jerk) got stuck in his NEW Escalade, in, get this, 2 inches of snow. I just drove by in 2wd and laughed...
should of made him feel even lower and offered to pull him out

Similarly, I had a neighbor trade in his WK for a pacifica because he "hated the Jeep so much" and I joked about it some with him, well about a week later we had a huge blizzard and both our vehicles were parked in the street and had to be moved so plows could get buy. he shoveled his entire driveway and spent 20 minutes trying to get up and his "4wd" I come outside and walk over to his driveway and say "Wishing you had the jeep right now?" he responds with, "I doubt it would do me any better, this snow is slippery!" So i get in my jeep, start it up and drive right up my steeper, longer and completely untouched driveway. I get in my garage and look at him and just wave and walk inside. Next day he's tellin me how he doent understand why his 4wd didnt work on his driveway, I just tell him "Its not a Jeep" lol
rcking323 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #28
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcking323

I just tell him "Its not a Jeep" lol
Lmao. That's classic!!
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #29
lancer27
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The best story I have was when I had to test my new winch! So I went to a local spot that's fun to mess around. With some deep holes. Ones my yj on 31's can't make it. I ended up with a solid brown paint job. Lol all you could see were my wiperblade strokes that kinda cleaned the windsheild lol. So I pulled into a gas station to clean up the window a bit. I went in the store for a soda, came out to about a family of 5 standing in font of the jeep taking pictures lol I just had to laugh!
97 tj i6 3.5 RE superflex lift. hp dana 30 4.56 gears ausie up front. dana 44 33spline alloy usa shafts arb rear. tom woods supper short sye and matching cv ds. 35x12.50x15 goodyear MTR's with kevlar. york OBA system. Metal Cloak High Arch tube fenders!(my favorit mod!!!)
lancer27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2011, 04:37 AM   #30
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

saw some teenagers sitting in/standing by my jeep at wally world taking pictures like it was theirs...i ruined that fun....

Random people (girls, guys) walk from one get together or party to ours just to ride in my jeep....mostly hot girls and drunk emo's
'06 MegaCab Cummins- Great White
neatocj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.