Parking for extream dummies - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Parking for extream dummies

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #76
jmfirefighter20
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter315 View Post
Our dept. has a white paint scheme too, so I guess I'm biased. I'm lovin' the '62!
Yeah we have a funny story that goes with our white trucks. Legend has it that back in the 40's and when Candia was buying a new truck the group of firefighter's that went down (back in the days before the town owned the FD and it was run by a private association!) to the dealership were a bit...shall we say....inebriated and decided as a joke to buy a white truck.....and so the tradition continues all due to a drunken joke.......

The '62 I have was originally a truck from the Manchester, NH Fire Department. It's not an engine, it's a hose wagon that they ran with the engines. Although one deputy chief who is now retired told me that when the engine would go out of service they would sometimes use the ol' hose wagon as the first due piece !!!

'90 Jeep Wrangler YJ
1975 IHC Fleetstar 2010A Fire truck
'01 Jeep GC Laredo (SOLD)
1962 IHC BC-160 Fire Hose Wagon (SOLD)
jmfirefighter20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #77
JA66
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sometimes I will leave it in first, shut the engine off, then hop out before the engine brake fully stops the jeep. Always freaks people out. Obviously only applies to doorless. And i would not recommend trying this on non-flat ground. But this has no merit in this thread, I don't drive a YJ.
JA66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.