Parking for extream dummies - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Parking for extream dummies

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #46
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggityjeeper View Post
ya but I actually only got 3 left.... I do have 4 old man emu springs they are 2.5 lift springs, Im not using anymore, they are 14F so the HD, but not the 5 pack HD I replaced them for the 36R... 2 have bent main leafs, but you could take the mains from the olds and put in the OME ones, 2 of the OME ARE BRAN NEW< used for 5 weeks until my new ones showed up, never seen dirts yet...

or just buy 2 new OME and take these ones......

where are you anyhow......

ahh Alberta... not far away
Hey Im happy with two, just for the back.
Mine are sagging upside down lol.
So if you can give me the shipping to t7x 3s3 spruce grove alberta, that would be awsome, plus what you want.
As long as they are not sagging or were not sagging Im happy. Pm me so we dont jack this thread too much lol.
oh and Im not very good at getting sarcasim in text, but I got you now about the winch thing.

[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #47
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossd1030 View Post
So if you can give me the shipping to t7x 3s3 spruce grove alberta, that would be awsome, plus what you want.
As long as they are not sagging or were not sagging Im happy. Pm me so we dont jack this thread too much lol.
oh and Im not very good at getting sarcasim in text, but I got you now about the winch thing.
Oh and PAGE 4!!!!
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #48
theskier74
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossd1030 View Post
hahaha its alright
Unread 06-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #49
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

What the hell?? You guys make it sound like there is actually something to think about when you stop.

Pedal on the far left. Use it to change gears and prevent a stall at low rpms. Left foot only for normal street driving.

Pedal in the middle. This on will stop you. press harder to stop faster. Right foot only for normal street driving.

Pedal on the right. This one makes you go, assuming other two pedals aren't in use. Press farther to increase speed. Right foot only.

Now do you want to a) stop b) shift or prevent a stall c) go faster.

Neutral does not come into play while parking, unless you want to sit there idling without your foot on the clutch. Sheeesh!
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #50
jmfirefighter20
2012 JK Wrangler 

I drive a '75 International Fleetstar 2010A fire truck as my "other toy", she's got a 5-speed non-synchro tranny and weighs about 15,000 lbs unloaded. Usually I'll pull into a spot, put on the parking brake, shut down the engine, and then put her in first.....has never gone anywhere on me before. I do still use chock blocks though, but I've never found her resting on the block when I go to move to.......

'90 Jeep Wrangler YJ
1975 IHC Fleetstar 2010A Fire truck
'01 Jeep GC Laredo (SOLD)
1962 IHC BC-160 Fire Hose Wagon (SOLD)
jmfirefighter20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #51
starsjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I uasually just get really drunk
starsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #52
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Seeing how weak the e BRAKE ( not break) and you are on a real big slope use your transfer shifter in to 4 lo. If facing down hill use 1st gear with the e brake. If facing up hill use reverse and your e brake. Now is there a curb in either case then add turning your wheels to where they roll into the curb first then apply all of the previous. Now this should keep your vehicle in place.

Oh for those who do not know what an engine brake is. That is when the engine is turned off with it in gear. Hence engine brake by using the compression of the engine is doing the braking.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #53
raynmaker
1990 YJ Wrangler 

An engine brake "jake brake" shuts off combustion to cylinders. Some have 1 2 or 3 stages. This is the sound you hear when a semi is going down a steep hill. Others close the valves to create back presure. These can be harder on an engine but work better. It has nothing to do with gear besides the fact the truck has to be in one for it to work. lol
Unread 06-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #54
firefighter315
I got a brain sneeze....

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfirefighter20 View Post
I drive a '75 International Fleetstar 2010A fire truck as my "other toy", she's got a 5-speed non-synchro tranny and weighs about 15,000 lbs unloaded. Usually I'll pull into a spot, put on the parking brake, shut down the engine, and then put her in first.....has never gone anywhere on me before. I do still use chock blocks though, but I've never found her resting on the block when I go to move to.......
Pics please.... just the trucks, not your parking style.
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #55
Hawk37
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If the ditch you park in is big enough your whole front tire will get wedged in there and you'll need a jimmy to pull you out.

Hawk37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #56
Jax89Jeeper
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk37
If the ditch you park in is big enough your whole front tire will get wedged in there and you'll need a jimmy to pull you out.
That picture is offensive... A Jimmy pulling out a Jeep. :shakehead:
Jax89Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #57
EZAces
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAT72991 View Post
Always you make sure when you park, you pull as close as you can to the car in front of you...Then, with the transmission in first, pop the clutch and choke it down, no skinny pedal involved, so you jump very abruptly into the vehicle in front of you. Take your keys out of the ignition, and nonchalantly hop out of your jeep while the front end is sitting on the car in front of you and act like you dont even notice. Oh and dont forget to engage the emergency brake...

---Lol, there is no such thing as an "engine brake". Well in a sense. All it means is leave the Jeep in 1st or Reverse, not neutral...This gives a better chance that your jeep will not roll anywhere in case of emergency/parking brake failure

there is engine brakes. They are use to slow down semis and other big vehicles. I have them on all my trucks. they either hold the exast valves closed or close a buterfly in the exast pipe. I dought any jeep has one.

[b][u][url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/np-231-j-rebuild-sye-install-748821/]NP231 rebuild and SYE install[/url][/u][/b]

[b][u][color=blue][url=http://www.4x4country.net/register.php?REF=73]Fun online game I play while reading the boards[/url][/color][/u][/b]
EZAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #58
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Pic of KY e-brake.
images.jpg  

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #59
ptwhaler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMPC View Post
Pic of KY e-brake.

Maybe I'm just getting too old to remember, but wasn't parking in gear and using hand brakes and all covered in the driver's test when we all first got our license?

I also keep forgetting that not everyone grew up driving their grandfathers column shift truck around the fields out back. I guess we take a lot of simple tasks for granted.
ptwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #60
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax89Jeeper View Post
That picture is offensive... A Jimmy pulling out a Jeep. :shakehead:
It looks to me that the jeep, even in the state of full articulation, still has enough traction to pull out the jimmy which is obviously stuck.

There's my choice out of the thousand words...
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.