JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Stories (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/)
-   -   This is odd, but dont judge (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/odd-but-dont-judge-1489787/)

jeep1000 03-07-2013 05:57 PM

This is odd, but dont judge

So my girlfriend broke up with me. She said she got mad every time we talked and we were drifting apart. But get this, it's BECAUSE of my Jeep. I recently got a 1985 CJ7. I work on it a lot and she broke up with me because I had devote a little more time and money to it. As to the getting mad part, I presume that has to do with whenever she asked what I was doing, I was working on the Jeep and explained to her what I was doing (FYI, she never understood so I always had to explain) has this happened to anyone else and if so, what did you do? Thanks! And yes, I know "I'm only 1" line but right now, it but this is something I can't wrap my head around. Lol thanks.

jeep1000 03-07-2013 05:58 PM

Correction: the "Your only 16" line.

Yankee-Juliet 03-07-2013 06:01 PM

Congratulations!

It's a Jeep thing, she didn't understand.

jeep1000 03-07-2013 06:03 PM

Does anyone though? I think we are all out if our minds. Haha.

urs0crazy 03-10-2013 08:22 PM

If she can't accept your passion shes not worth it

WhiteMtnJeep 03-10-2013 09:30 PM

Mine calls it "the other woman" but she totally gets it.

Mean Max 03-10-2013 09:36 PM

Chicks are like buses, another one will be along in 5 minutes.

Max

Caelum 03-10-2013 11:28 PM

Touche

silverstonemkiv 03-11-2013 08:11 PM

you just gotta find the right one lol i dont have a jeep yet, but i constantly work on vws and a few of the girls i dated just couldnt get into it or accept that i was. The girl im with now is just as into them as i am, which is more of a curse than a blessing. You always end up fixing and working on her vehicle instead of your own, and all your bros have a reason to talk to her and get too close. so ive seen both ends, but good luck finding that happy medium chick :thumbsup:

big_john_42 03-30-2013 01:44 PM

Gotta find a girl that well be out there with you working on it.

MattBillyTayloe 04-04-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep1000
Does anyone though? I think we are all out if our minds. Haha.

Well, I had a girlfriend right, lol, and she would get jealous of the jeep time to time, but the relationship didn't work out, and recently I started talking to a girl who knows alot about cars because her ex was into del sold or something, anyway, it's great talking to her about the jeep because she almost always understands and she even likes jeeps, it's :cool: :cheers:

Jeepsman 04-06-2013 08:01 PM

Well, if working on your Jeep is a passion which consumes a considerable amount of time, just place yourself in her shoes. If her passion happened to be cosmetology and she spent "a lot" of time studying and working with beauty "stuff". You'd get bored and wonder why when you're together, she rather not spend time doing stuff you BOTH are interested in.

If you want to spend a ton of time working on you're Jeep, then I would recommend finding a female who is also interested in a similar hobby. Otherwise, your relationships will meet a similar demise, unfortunately.

MattBillyTayloe 04-06-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepsman
Well, if working on your Jeep is a passion which consumes a considerable amount of time, just place yourself in her shoes. If her passion happened to be cosmetology and she spent "a lot" of time studying and working with beauty "stuff". You'd get bored and wonder why when you're together, she rather not spend time doing stuff you BOTH are interested in.

If you want to spend a ton of time working on you're Jeep, then I would recommend finding a female who is also interested in a similar hobby. Otherwise, your relationships will meet a similar demise, unfortunately.

Happens erry time no doubt. When they leave I be like .!.. :D ..!. I still go my jeep ***** lolol

Brio 04-12-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee-Juliet (Post 15097166)
Congratulations!

It's a Jeep thing, she didn't understand.

^ you nailed it haha

Wavedatya 04-13-2013 05:56 AM

Women are jealous creatures could be a car. A dog. A TV. If they are not the centre of your universe they freak out. Not all women but most. Find a woman thy can relate to your hobbies and what you like. If they can't stand that they can hit the road.

For me, if a woman can't understand that fishing is a part of my life than beat it. My wife understands this and has grown to like it. She has also grown to like my jeep and wants to join me at jeep meets and BBQ's.

Listen to the song by brad paisley "I'm gonna miss her" you'll laugh.

The time now is 02:28 AM.