No longer a Jeeper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > No longer a Jeeper

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 12-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
jeepjeep123

No longer a Jeeper

Ive had a Jk for about 4 years. I've had continuous issues and finally today when I confirmed the noise I was hearing was my spider gears grinding among other things. I finally had to face the facts and trade it in. I loved the hell out of my Jk, and was such a die hard fan that it blinded me to the fact that it was not a good car. Oh course this is just my experience. I'm sure I will rejoin you guys somewhere down the road, but for now jeep has pissed me off to the point where I have to part ways. Maybe a diesel jeep will be enough to entice me back. May you all have better luck than I have.

Don't judge but I now have an Xterra. I have to say I love the power, I can actually use the cruise going 80

jeepjeep123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
BigGrizzAE
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the new car man! Hope she treats you better than your JK did, everyone has their own experiences.
BigGrizzAE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 03:38 AM   #3
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Granted that you should not have had a problem with your jeep like you mentioned (spider gears?) among the other things??? I hope your xterra will be a good vehicle for ya. I am not sure what your other problems were but sadly things like spider gears are a simple fix for some, maybe most of us. I will have to say as far as my experience with owning a repair shop that I see a lot more xterras in here than I see Jeeps. Good luck my friend.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #4
jeepjeep123

I'm back! I just bought a 2014 sport today. I guess the love hate relationship will have to continue. Love the new engine. I could never use the cruise on my 09 without it endless changing in & out of OD at hwy speeds.

How I missed you my old friend. I bought it without consulting the wife on my way home from work. I'll never hear the end of it but it was worth it.
Unread 04-08-2014, 10:51 PM   #5
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjeep123 View Post
I'm back! I just bought a 2014 sport today. I guess the love hate relationship will have to continue. Love the new engine. I could never use the cruise on my 09 without it endless changing in & out of OD at hwy speeds.

How I missed you my old friend. I bought it without consulting the wife on my way home from work. I'll never hear the end of it but it was worth it.
LOL that did not take long. I know how you feel though. It is a love<> hate thing. at times i feel like pulling the 44 out and putting this horse down. Then i have to remember that nothing else could really replace this thing, other than another Jeep. To much into it now to change horses. So i just keep dumping more into it and go wheeling, to do it all over again.
Unread 04-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #6
jeepjeep123

Yeah, I won't question it again. This is actually the first new car I've owned. I plan to keep it to 300k is my goal. I will have payments for so long I don't have a choice ...ha ha. I will say, I miss my old JK. I had it mod and wasn't afraid to take it down the trail. I guess I just need to give it some time. Sure it won't be ling before im ready to break something again.
Unread 10-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #7
Jeep_Girl_Too
2014 JK Wrangler 

I just traded my 2004 Xterra. After 10 years it needed more fixed than it was worth, so I traded it for a 2014 JK Wrangler. The steering box was a mess, gear box was on it's last leg , etc.
Unread 10-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #8
tkwesa

Jeeps are like that... if you arent driving it you are fixing something.
tkwesa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.