Night Wheelin Incident - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Night Wheelin Incident

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-14-2006, 01:07 PM   #16
JJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJwheelr88
I went night wheelin with my friends through this access road to a big construction site. It wasn't that good of an idea. We were going along and went right into an almost waist high ditch. My airbag went off. It sucked. No one got serioisly hurt, my friend hit his head and I got some airbag burn. But, my XJ backed right out and nothing was broken, except for the cover over the airbag. I thought I was going to be stuck but 4low got me right out. "Only in an XJ."
that should say only in a JEEP

glad you guys are ok as well....

JJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 11:31 PM   #17
Willys2004

Construction Site?

Dude, who wheels on a construction site? The night mistake is no big deal, kudos for the adventure spirit. I just don't get the "construction site" angle. Is this private property? Does anyone else out there do this? It sounds like you were trespassing.
Willys2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 12:34 PM   #18
jeepzter

i made a slight mistake the week after i got my jeep. a friend and i decided to go 4 wheelin' at a construction site at night and it wasnt very smart. and, well the pics tell most of the story. we both were pirfectly all right. but my jeep wasnt...

[B][COLOR="Red"]Eagle[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Scout[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Jeep[/COLOR] Club Member #3[/B]
jeepzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #19
JeepFreak91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepzter
i made a slight mistake the week after i got my jeep. a friend and i decided to go 4 wheelin' at a construction site at night and it wasnt very smart. and, well the pics tell most of the story. we both were pirfectly all right. but my jeep wasnt...

wow how much did that cost
JeepFreak91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 08:45 PM   #20
jeepzter

ive spent a little over 1600 on body shops, paint and parts and its still not fixed all the way.

I guess i learned a lesson the hard way.
[B][COLOR="Red"]Eagle[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Scout[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Jeep[/COLOR] Club Member #3[/B]
jeepzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2006, 12:00 PM   #21
ltdanyj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you ask me, it looks like you got off easy!
ltdanyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #22
jeeprex

am i the only one who pulls airbag fuses for wheeling???

some of the best trails are illegal...j/k
jeeprex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #23
beaniebmx

i backed my truck into a ditch on a gravel road, it was on this highway and i wanted to see how fast my truck would max out at since no one was on it, well turned on a gravel road to turn around, tried a 3 point turn, so then i was sideways on the road, went to backup, got about6 inches and my back end drops,thought my axle fell off or some ****, nope, my whole back end went into the ditch, tried to pull forward, did nothing but spin the tires, only thing on the dirt road was part of my front tires, i dont have 4hi.. so 4lo it was, got me ou tand i had to go clean my pants almost, thought i was gonna get stuck forever ;(

i went muddin yesteday, no offroading here its all flat, and my friend infront of me was swerving all over in the road of mud, shooting it all over my winow, sprinkling so my wipers were still on.. it smeared the mud all over so i couldnt see anything ugh.

so then i get on the pavement road to turn around and do it again i pushed the brakes on and tried to turn, didnt work at all! i was drifting on the road just coasting, took me a good minute and a half of peeling out to get my back tires clean enough to actually move it sucked so bad that mud was fun though, nothing like sliding sideways in 5th gear.. so fun
beaniebmx is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.