New Jeepers :( - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > New Jeepers :(

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
catnip15
2002 TJ Wrangler 

New Jeepers :(

I work at a Auto Parts Delivery company, we deliver to both local and non local shops. Today I was delivering to a local shop that I normally don't deliver to, when I pulled up I noticed 2 of the techs were working on a JK. They were talking about taking both the top and doors off, so I assumed it was one of theirs.

I then walked up to them and said hey who's JK is this, it's pretty nice. Both of them looked at me like I was crazy, and then were like, "uhh it's a customers"

I then realized that I probably sounded like an idiot because both of didnt know "jeep language".

But then when I left I realized that wait, someone actually brought their jeep into a shop to take the top and doors off..? When I was leaving I saw its hardtop outside the shop so the customer must have wanted it switched to the soft.

Seriously...? One of the greatest things about owning a Jeep is the ability to do all the work yourself, especially because most of it is easy. I make sure to do everything myself, big and small, and I'm not even very mechanically inclined.

Does anyone see what I'm getting at? I just feel like a lot of the new Jeepers think they are Jeepers cause they "drive" one...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/stubby-02-tj-build-thread-dd-2523578/
catnip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
killingtime1229
2013 JK Wrangler 

My 2 cents worth is, most people don't even know how to change their oil, so this doesn't surprise me....real jeepers/shade tree mechanics are hard to find.....too much of a preppy video/ my space/ Facebook/ generation now days......come on people get some grease and oil under your nails and feel the satisfaction of saying when someome ask....where did you get your lift and gear change done... "I did it"
killingtime1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
catnip15
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by killingtime1229
My 2 cents worth is, most people don't even know how to change their oil, so this doesn't surprise me....real jeepers/shade tree mechanics are hard to find.....too much of a preppy video/ my space/ Facebook/ generation now days......come on people get some grease and oil under your nails and feel the satisfaction of saying when someome ask....where did you get your lift and gear change done... "I did it"
^hell yes, or even better, "I bought it" :P not mom and dad

Unread 05-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Or someone came to the shop to get something else worked on, and the guys decided to take the top and doors off and drive around for a while?
Stud_man50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
catnip15
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_man50
Or someone came to the shop to get something else worked on, and the guys decided to take the top and doors off and drive around for a while?
The hardtop was laying next to it and they were putting the soft top on...

Unread 05-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
nosheep
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by killingtime1229 View Post
nosheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #7
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by killingtime1229 View Post
Well said. I bought my 2000 TJ stock in 2008 like this.

At the time, I didn't know jack diddly squat about working on vehicles. I barely knew how to change the oil. 5 years later, and I've done every bit of work on it axles included, to turn it into this.

Facetiously I always refer to my Jeep as a mobilized set of Legos for adults.

The best part about a Jeep is that you don't have to have an engineering degree to figure them out, and getting your hands dirty working on it is half the fun. What good is seeing how capable your rig is if all of the credit goes to a guy named Bill at your local garage?
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

when i bought my jeep i pointed at the gas tank and asked what it was... 4 short years later. thank god for JF and google.

1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
catnip15
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear

Well said. I bought my 2000 TJ stock in 2008 like this.

At the time, I didn't know jack diddly squat about working on vehicles. I barely knew how to change the oil. 5 years later, and I've done every bit of work on it axles included, to turn it into this.

Facetiously I always refer to my Jeep as a mobilized set of Legos for adults.

The best part about a Jeep is that you don't have to have an engineering degree to figure them out, and getting your hands dirty working on it is half the fun. What good is seeing how capable your rig is if all of the credit goes to a guy named Bill at your local garage?
Totally awesome, glad to see there are others out there like me!

Unread 09-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #10
Rollbar12
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I work on what I can work on, I dont have the space or tools right now to do major stuff. But one day I will.
Rollbar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #11
rockphc
2005 LJ Wrangler 

These days it's hard to find anyone doing their own work. I had a guy compliment my LJ outside an Arby's and asked if I bought it or if a shop around here does this or if dad did it. He just could not believe a 19 year old kid (at the time) had the god given talent to install bumpers and a 2.5" spring lift. SMH at this guy, I thought he'd know a little somethin driving what he did. Springs aren't even difficult...
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #12
catnip15
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockphc
These days it's hard to find anyone doing their own work. I had a guy compliment my LJ outside an Arby's and asked if I bought it or if a shop around here does this or if dad did it. He just could not believe a 19 year old kid (at the time) had the god given talent to install bumpers and a 2.5" spring lift. SMH at this guy, I thought he'd know a little somethin driving what he did. Springs aren't even difficult...
Yeah i hear you. I'm 23 and have done everything to my jeep, never has it once been taken to a shop. I get people all of the time including fellow employees asking how much did daddy spend on it and do, it can be very frustrating.

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #13
0125JeepGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by killingtime1229
im 15 and i've rebuilt/replaced everything from the transfer case back in my 69 j-3000. not all hope is lost for the future
0125JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #14
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

Most people buying today never dealt with the older cars like some of us did. Today's cars are much harder to work on.

I can understand someone bringing it in the have top removed. Maybe they don't have help/or storage where they live. Or no tools of any kind.

I'm even contemplating taking my AMC 360(which I did pull) to the shop for rebuild right now because I just don't have the time anymore. I have the tools and knowledge, just no time.
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
coonash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #15
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

I do plenty of work on my Jeep, but there are times when things are out of my comfort zones or skill level (ie; axle gearing) so I save myself some headaches by having someone do it. I still think every jeep owner should have some busted knuckles, cuts, scars and blood loss along the way from turning wrenches.
IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.