never WANTED to own a jeep... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > never WANTED to own a jeep...

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 02-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #16
67jeepstang
2004 WJ 

i think a person could TOTALLY buy a jeep as a mid-life crisis vehical!! i mean, what other type of automobile would give you such satisfaction...........i sure dont know of any lol.

Unread 02-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #17
Empty_Pockets
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I wasnt into jeeps until I meet my last GF went offroading with her a couple times and I was hooked......she dumped me for a girl....oh well more money for mods now LOL
Empty_Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #18
67jeepstang
2004 WJ 

HAHAHA love it!! my chick was bi as well but it was a benefit to me tho ..........
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #19
Empty_Pockets
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jeepstang View Post
HAHAHA love it!! my chick was bi as well but it was a benefit to me tho ..........
Yeah I tryed that she only liked super butchy chicks sooo no go for me :barf:
Empty_Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #20
ExpressoNate
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990YJnewbie View Post
At least I don't have to worry about speeding tickets now.
Thats because you are old!

Anyways, I bought mine because it was cheap, and only needed a transfer case... Then it became my DD when my neon died. The switch from 30mpg to 15ish mpg is PAINFUL!

~Nate

Crashing sucks!

Save money by using [url]www.advanceauto.com[/url]. Click my referral link to save up to 40% off retail cost! [url]http://advanceautoparts.tellapal.com/a/clk/7l10p[/url]
ExpressoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #21
KenB
1981 CJ7 

Dang, I hope it's a mid-life thing! I got my first one when I was 68. Numerous vehicles over the years, but all were 'practical', family car or pickup for work. Then one day after I retired, was driving into town and saw this Jeep sitting on the side of the road with a For Sale sign on it. Now, I've always liked running down back roads and such, and that Jeep got me thinking - why not? That one was a little high priced, so I started watching CL, and found an 81 CJ7 that was just right. A little tinkering here and there, a few little upgrades, and it's now the much preferred ride. Now there's a 95 YJ out there being prepped for my granddaughter. These dang things are habit forming.
Unread 03-06-2011, 12:34 AM   #22
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque View Post
When my little brother bought GTA vice city, I used to play it all the time, I would cruise around in the jeeps.
hahahahaha! dude i did the same thing when i got vice city. i would always go and get the hydraulics put on it then pop them up so the jeep would be lifted. then i would do stunts so i would purposely break the doors off the sides then go cruising around. that way i could go around town in a lifted jeep with the top and doors off. i would also always wear the police uniform as well. years later i now do that in real life. i cruise around town in a black jeep, at most a bikini top (even during winter) and no doors, and back when i was in i'd be in my jeep with my cammies, no top no doors, and people would literally cheer me on when they passed me up on the freeway. i gotta say the best was when one day 5 of us piled into the jeep (everyone wanted to go to lunch in the jeep), and it was during working hours so we were all in our cammies. people would literally hang out their windows and be like "**** YEAH!" idk what it is about seeing military personnel piled in a jeep with no top and no doors that excites people so much...

but yeah my story (which is cool bro), i wanted a YJ, not just a wrangler but a YJ since high school. i remember going to the gas stations and buying auto trader magazines and flipping right to the jeep section, then other ones to figure out my first car. when i did get my first car it was a 97 maxima i bought off my best friend, damn near mint condition with chrome rims and exhaust for $2500. one day i totaled my maxima on a curb (it was lowered) and after i wrecked it i said out loud while examining the damage "i should have just gotten the jeep, this would have never happened... *sigh*" the cop who happened to just roll up by mistake said "you probably would have flipped man, that looks like a pretty wicked nasty collision with the curb you had. i'd hate to be you right now." he was cool about it all and said he was coming home from court and didn't feel like dealing with it since i had a tow truck coming.

5 more vehicles later i now own one, the last car i had was an 01 tribute. i found the jeep on craigslist and offered to trade my car for his. he had a kid along the way and needed a family car, i wanted a jeep since forever. after we test drove each others rides and got to know each other we decided on a straight trade. when the time came to let go of his jeep he was looking at it with much regret and almost cried.

some time later it looks almost nothing like it did when i got it, and i've barely modded it.

and heres the picture from the day i got it, old car in the background.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 07:40 AM   #23
Astrum
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've basically always wanted a Jeep. In 8th grade we had to do a project on our "dream car" me being pretty much apathetic about cars mixed with my interested in History figured "Why not a Jeep it has a long and proud history" well after researching it then again in 11th grade (because we had another car project) I can honestly say I was hooked although thinking about it I wanted one before that project. Needless to say I got a good deal on one (yeah its a 4 banger but was in great shape and the dealership took off like 500 or so dollars off of it for very minor issues like needing new tires) and its my first car.
Astrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.