A naughty cat, a jeep, & a mob of intoxicated morons - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > A naughty cat, a jeep, & a mob of intoxicated morons

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineArtec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 08-30-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
tatooweeny
2001 TJ Wrangler 

A naughty cat, a jeep, & a mob of intoxicated morons

Kera, the crazy cat

I have a funny story to tell you guys. The other day, I was at mom's working on the Jeep, and the stupid cat got out of the house when I opened the door to the kitchen. It was my fault, really. I know better to slowly open the door, to check if she's ready to bolt into the garage.
I was able to distract the cat while I closed the garage door, but she wouldn't go back into the house, & she was pissing me off! So, for an hour I yelled and swore (mostly at myself for not checking the door) at the cat, trying to get her back inside because of a planned movie date later that day that I was going to be late for. I couldn't get her inside, so I let Mom know (She was at work), and risked opening the garage door to get my jeep out so I could leave. Everything was fine after that, I had calmed down and waited outside in the Jeep while the garage door closed, just to make sure she stayed inside the garage.

Then, out of nowhere, one of the neighbors from across the cul-de-sac approached my Jeep and confronted me. I said hello, but I was startled because he was stupid drunk & obviously had something to say. I soon realized what was on his mind when he asked me to show him what was inside of my backpack lying on the passenger side seat. The other stupid drunk neighbors by this time had completely surrounded the Jeep. I was flabbergasted guys. They apparently heard the commotion from behind my mom's garage door, and came to the conclusion that I had KILLED MY MOM"S CAT! I'm not kidding. They were ready to pull me from my Jeep! Lol

Don't get me wrong, I was *BLANK* scared at the time even though I found it amusing, & sorta feared for my life. I showed the insides of my packpack to them (I was almost laughing at this point), but they still thought I had done something to the cat. I tried to clear up the misunderstanding, but lets face it, trying to explain anything to a bunch of wound up drunk guys is like trying to cure cancer. Looking back, I probably shouldn't have taken off over the grassy knoll beside the house to escape them while yelling, "*BLANK* Off, *BLANK*holes!"

I'm dreading going back there next week to continue working on the Jeep. HehHeh.

What would you have done? Remember, there were at least 5 or 6 heavily drunk guys, plus another 2 or 3 drunk women egging them on. A mob of sweaty, stinky, delirious a-holes you just can't reason with. You could smell the alcohol in the air. I probably would have been torn limb from limb. I should have called the Police on them after I left. I'm thinking what they did was somehow illegal, but what's done is done. They probably forgot about it the next morning anyways. Morons. I absolutly hate people like that.

I should mention that my mom was able to get the cat inside when she got home. And of course she was fine. Maybe a little hurt from the name calling from me, but she knows better! The garage is off limits when I'm in there.

tatooweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
surf_frog34
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i would have told them to f-off and mind their own damn business, then drove off. they probably won't remember the incident the next time you're there.
surf_frog34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
tatooweeny
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that's basically what I did. I'm headed back there today, I'll update if anything else happens.
Unread 08-31-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Shoulda just killed the cat.

No, really though, if anyone had touched you, I would have filed assault charges. I wouldn't have thought twice if I heard a neighbor butchering his cat, it's his cat anyway.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/list-state-mirror-laws-565361/

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 12:59 AM   #5
tatooweeny
2001 TJ Wrangler 

A friend of mine thinks I should make a T-shirt that says "Cat Killer"

Here's my quick illustrator version of one:

Unread 09-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
PointBlank7
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for calling me an A-hole i was one of those 6 guys...lol jk but forreal i love the shirt haha

FireFighters Jeep Club
When I die I hope my wife doesnt sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them
PointBlank7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 01:44 AM   #7
rubizen
2013 JK Wrangler 

Those drunk guys were just looking for an excuse to surround and TRY to intimidate you. It just happened that they heard you yelling at a cat and felt it would be a good enough reason in their minds. Surrounded by six drunks...on your property...sounds like a good excuse for a self defense shooting to me. I just re-read the OP. I see you are in CA. There would be six dead guys if that happened in TX!
Unread 10-12-2009, 08:57 AM   #8
2010Rubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

You could have avoided all this trouble by luring the cat back into the house with a can of tuna. As soon as a cat hears the can opener it comes running.
2010Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
victorzj

Hey I'm from California too! Currently in Oregon
But anyways if that happened to me there would be 6 guys going home crying to their mommas
victorzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
Zakrad_u
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Im not sure I understand why you just didn't pick the cat up and put it inside?
Zakrad_u is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.