USAA really didn't help out a lot. They tried though, but in the end there hands were tied. I mean I still had the vehicle. I understood there position and have also always had great luck with the company.
I did go down the the court cost path. The problem that I had was finding a lawyer in the area to take the case. It was not a money making avenue for them and really the laws were so ambiguous on this situation that they were as baffled as I was on what to do.
I really hate that it took this long but i the end it worked out. I sent yesterday taking about three years worth of grime off the vehicle and getting it ready for whatever comes next for it.