My Jeep may be taken from me - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > My Jeep may be taken from me

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #16
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, hope this all works out for you. I would follow the steps previously advised. Like you said, make them pay more than it is worth. That is the only way they will learn.

Also,

JK

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #17
Rammer500
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'd ask your local PD, How can someone with no title(no ownership)report it stolen? You are the owner, You have the title and the proof you bought it. They had to have the title released for you to be issued the new one in your name. If they were not payed for it, they shouldn't have released the title. There fight is with the auction company, not you.
99 TJ 4.0 5 Speed Sport, 2.5" Rough Country Lift, 1.25 Body Lift, 1" MML, SYE and CV shaft,JKS Quicker Disconnects, 33x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains,4.56 gears, Super35 w/ Ected Locker, Warn 8274 and some other stuff.
2014 Rubicon Stock
Rammer500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #18
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

How has this panned out so far? Any more info? Can you at least drive your Jeep again?
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 02-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #19
workforXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I am still in Limbo mode for now.

Daily phone calls looking for answers. I just got a lawyer so we are starting to get that ball rolling. Rammer you are correct in all that you say. Hopefully I find out something soon. I will let all know what I find out for future use.
workforXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #20
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Since you have a lawyer, you should go after the dealership for harrassment. Damages? Of course, you couldn't drive your own vehicle, and you have to pay his expensive lawyer that you can't afford. You bought and now legally own a Jeep. You are paying to be able to drive it, but it is losing value parked in a driveway. You also pay ins. You could probably work out a cost/day for the time you couldn't drive it. I would base it on your current ins./365 + Jeep Cost/730 (2 years worth of days) + Registration/365 + current rental rates/day. That is what it is costing you to not be able to drive your Jeep. Even if you are driving your own vehicle, you can claim that you are renting from yourself since you wouldn't be driving what you are.
Unread 02-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #21
gotmudnj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

like someone was stating earlier...they can not report it stolen for they have to show documantion to state its theirs and that its stolen. you have the title and sale so you can not get in trouble for it....and you stated you spoke to ur sheriff correct n he said he wont impounded it...thats sounds funny becuase if any car is stolen he would of arrested you and impounded the car if it was truely stolen....i say you drive it....while fighting again them...its auctions fault and sub dealer not urs...and the 2500 is probly the cost the dealer sold it to auction lol...
Unread 02-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #22
workforXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thats exactly what the $2500 is. We all know the vehicle is not stolen but the Plano police Dept sees otherwise at this point. It a pain all the way around. Still working on it little by little. I'll update as soon as the next shinanigan hits the fan.
Unread 02-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #23
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good. Have you started working out the damages? I think that might be the fastest way to get them off you back. Just have your lawyer send a letter telling them to stop, or you will sue them for $x for x reason.
Unread 02-19-2010, 01:13 AM   #24
FortCollinsZJ
1993 ZJ 

Light jeep on fire, brick on gas pedal, aimed at Subaru dealership, call Police, report jeep stolen, call insurance, collect.

Win.

But seriously, I wouldn't have the cool head in this situation. I would be at the dealership flipping out on the a-hats.

Good luck, I'm interested in seeing how it all pans out.
FortCollinsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 01:33 AM   #25
stoplocknroll
2008 JK Wrangler 

why hasnt the lawyer been able to scare them into stopping?

something is super fishy here, I would have gone to the dealer and spoken to the owner with the lawyer by now having been in the business I dont understand how they can claim the vehicle stolen when you have a valid title?
stoplocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #26
2DRBLUJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

wow, that really sucks :/ sorry you're having such a hassle with this. hopefully you can resolve it soon
2DRBLUJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 06:13 AM   #27
JOExFROMxNY
1988 YJ Wrangler 

around here, that would be a civil matter. the only criminal element would be the dealer filing a false report for a stolen vehicle. You should call the district attorney, or whatever they call the local prosecutor where the dealership is located. if they put in a claim for insurance, that is insurance fraud also. Also post your story on all websites where prospective customers of that dealership would be, explaining how they report cars stolen after they sell them.
JOExFROMxNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #28
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOExFROMxNY View Post
around here, that would be a civil matter. the only criminal element would be the dealer filing a false report for a stolen vehicle. You should call the district attorney, or whatever they call the local prosecutor where the dealership is located. if they put in a claim for insurance, that is insurance fraud also. Also post your story on all websites where prospective customers of that dealership would be, explaining how they report cars stolen after they sell them.
That is a good idea. I never though of that. OP, posting where potential customers can see it is detrimental. The whole fraud thing is an issue that they could have real legal issues with.
Unread 03-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #29
workforXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well here is an update
First off my conclusion is that taking this to court will cost me more than the vehicle is worth. Not gonna happen.
Second off I have concluded that the vehicle is not worth the Dealership trying to come get it.
Third the Police department needs to take it off the stolen vehicle list. I have sent a formal complaint and request to there police chief.
I will see what happens next. My next course of action will be to stir the pot with the local news agencies. Then I will start posting on all of the consumer review portals.
If this comes to court and The vehicle is not awarded to me I will remove all of my personal property, ie: lift tires rack radio oil, trans fluid, diff fluid, air filter, windshield wipers. All the stuff i have bought. Then they can put there money into it to get it sellable again. That will be more than the vehicle is worth. Either way i have the title and the process moves at a snails pace.
Unread 03-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #30
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the update. We all feel for you and your situation. Hope everything turns out for you and fast. Kinda crazy how long this has taken.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.