Longest Jeep trip?? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Longest Jeep trip??

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #46
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Pens View Post
Mine was from Raleigh, NC to Pittsburgh, PA and viceversa. I have made that trip in my Jeep twice. I think its about 550 miles, mainly through the Appalachian mountains. On my second trip(Dec 2011) I was lucky on the way up and got killer mpg's, had the tail wind the whole time. I want to say I got around 20 mpg's. On the trip home, I fought the wind the whole drive back,(Jeep was slowing down going down a steep mountain with no brakes). I think I got around 12 or 13 mpgs

It is on my bucket list to start out in Wilmington, NC and drive all the way across I40 and end in Barstow, CA. I want to get a picture at the signs that say 2,559 miles.
Thought the miles reset each state. I was driving on the highway in Ohio it was all flat then bam going up a ****ing wall lol It was super steep for about quarter mile. Got 5mpg on it lol. But going down it would of been fun but I braked because I seen in a gas station bathroom that said don't speed in Ohio I seen why

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #47
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Thought the miles reset each state.
They do. Each city has a novelty sign like that. They get stolen all time time. I must admit, I would love to have one of each about my couch in my house haha
Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #48
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Pens View Post

They do. Each city has a novelty sign like that. They get stolen all time time. I must admit, I would love to have one of each about my couch in my house haha
Lol I stole a sign on my school bleachers that said "slippery when wet" I thought it was funny at the time wanting a street sign that says tyler St. I'll wait till I see city workers replacing signs. They haven't made there way down there though.
Watch out though I have a yellow stop sign that says 750$ fine and jail time if stolen really even,having it is illegal
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #49
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Watch out though I have a yellow stop sign that says 750$ fine and jail time if stolen really even,having it is illegal
Trust me. I know. I work for a police department. I wont even dare steal something.
Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #50
Brandonsdad02
2000 WJ 

Lol I had a keep out, sewage lagoon sign on my bathroom door.
Brandonsdad02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #51
dotey1
2004 LJ Wrangler 

spring of 1982 went wheeling on Saturday night and broke the steering linkage on the 48-3b high hood welded it on Monday at the high school and left on wed, as I decided to move from southeast Washington to Ft Bragg NC, moved into the barracks so to speak (more like hid out) as I wasn't enlisted, just stayed with a buddy who was for three months. the weld cracked around Kansas from the seams in the concrete on interstate 84, Felt like a bad washboard at 55.
dotey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #52
OlivergreenCJ7
2001 TJ Wrangler 

In 2003 I did a 8,500 roundtrip with my father in my 01 TJ. We spent three weeks on the road farting and belching or way to sequim Washington to work on my aunts lavender farm for there upcoming festival from Hershey , PA and back again. It was the first time westward for me , but not for my dad went to college in Colorado. I went through 15 states stood on the 4 corners, attended a Native American festival in Taos NM and drove up the garden of the gods overlooking the valley 13,000 feet below. We camped, fished and had a beer in dodge city Kansas saloon. I believe we even stayed in a honeymoon cottage with a heart shape bed because it was the only one open. I saw where Custer made his "not so successful" last stand and even met some presidents at Mount Rushmore. We out drove some forrest fires along the way and suffered through 100 degree weather without air condition. I even got to make hot dogs in a can of beer over the fire. I collected license plates from all the states we travelled through at the worlds largest yard sale. I lost my mirror, ripped my top, and cracked a windshield in the process. At 23 it was absolutely the coolest trip I ever could take. It has led me to make the drive 3 more times and for my wife and I to relocate to Washington this summer.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.