Longest Jeep trip?? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Longest Jeep trip??

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #31
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Last month I drove about 3,000 in 12 days. It's always tough when it ends...

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #32
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I took my scooter on a 17,000 mile trip from Alaska to Mexico to upper Quebec and back.
I assume your jeep is not named scooter and that is awesome. back in the eighties when I was broke(r) and as an alternative to hitchhiking I got it in my head to drive from Mass to oregon on a moped, I'll never know if it was a good or bad plan because it went to **** when I found a job.

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #33
icemann0014
1997 TJ Wrangler 

my longest trip was a 9 hour drive in rush hour traffic from northern va to a beach on the eastern shore. my dad and i split the trip but still, 4 and a half hours of riding a clutch in 100+ weather with no ac is not the greatest thing in the world. worth it once we got there though!
icemann0014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #34
Eric00011
1993 ZJ 

9 hours in the zj from los Angeles,ca to salt lake city,Utah
It was seeing a change in scenery, and having my idiots friends along to add to the memories.
Eric00011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #35
PrinothPro
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Boston to Salt Lake City, 2,500 miles in 5 days in my YJ towing a trailer. Last leg of trip in Wyoming was real tough. Lots of ice and strong headwinds and got caught in heavy snowstorm between Rock springs and Evanston. Took me over 12 hours to get thur Wyoming when it should have been 6 hours. My YJ never had a single problem.
PrinothPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #36
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
Last month I drove about 3,000 in 12 days. It's always tough when it ends...
Sorry don't know how to make a new post on phone. But I drive from Tulsa to Toronto Canada 1.3k miles way back forgot wallet at hotel had to go back 400 miles Ohh it was fun though
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #37
obxcarolina
1999 TJ Wrangler 

my longest trip in the jeep was from the high desert of CA to the east coast of NC. with a huge snow storm from AZ-OK, spend 8-10 hours in 4wd after i lost control in 2wd went through the median and around a overhead pass. i have never seen so many 18 wheelers and cars on the side of the road.
obxcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #38
KalebJohnson
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I drove my Xj from Virginia Beach to Devnver to Laramie. That was verrry interesting.
KalebJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #39
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxcarolina View Post
my longest trip in the jeep was from the high desert of CA to the east coast of NC. with a huge snow storm from AZ-OK, spend 8-10 hours in 4wd after i lost control in 2wd went through the median and around a overhead pass. i have never seen so many 18 wheelers and cars on the side of the road.
You should see Kansas city when it snows and roads are slippery it snows every year there but there's still more cars in the ditch then on the road lol. Seen a Tahoe try to pass a semi and he slowly slide sidways and ditch. Looked like he hit the gas hard when he was sideways idk what he was trying to accomplish there. Snow for me if fun If you know how to correct your steering it's fun.
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #40
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Sorry don't know how to make a new post on phone. But I drive from Tulsa to Toronto Canada 1.3k miles way back forgot wallet at hotel had to go back 400 miles Ohh it was fun though
And by Ohio it rained hard and my driver wiper kept going horizontal so I had to get out and fix it or just look out the passenger side. Jeep died little north of Columbus put gas in it went to start it nothing no lights power nothing unhooked battery sketchy biker looked at it and said your ****ed. He Scopes out the car he had a neck tattoo to said he just got out of prison. then I hooked battery back up and it started like nothing happened. Detroit has alot of homeless Gf wanted to go to the pawnshop there on 8 mile but def not going there. almost rear ended someone in Ohio too don't go to Ohio.
Unread 02-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #41
Mitmont
2001 XJ Cherokee 

29 hours from Monroe MI to El Paso TX the day I met my Jeep for the first time. Bought it on an eBay auction and couldn't get it shipped so I drove it between the break in the storm just before Thanksgiving last year. Been great ever since.
image-3716522146.jpg  
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #42
Bull576
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Last August went from one wind farm job to another and drove from chateaugay, New York to brackettville, Texas.
Bull576 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #43
bobjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitmont View Post
29 hours from Monroe MI to El Paso TX the day I met my Jeep for the first time. Bought it on an eBay auction and couldn't get it shipped so I drove it between the break in the storm just before Thanksgiving last year. Been great ever since.
I have to ask, why would you buy a Jeep from Michigan if you live in Texas? Michigan is full of rust.
Unread 02-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #44
Mitmont
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yep, except the jeeps that were available in the area for sale by persons were pretty trashed or over 200k miles, body crashes etc and any Jeep XJ that was on a lot wn't what I was looking for 2 door, 2 wheel drive etc. so on ebay I kept bidding on jeeps in other locations and was lucky to get this one. All the items that were rusted were replaced with the lift. I also went thru all the drive train and brakes and replaced them, so now a good jeep ready to go. So I can respect the question but after months of bidding and having prices run up this was a great deal.

Mitmont
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #45
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Mine was from Raleigh, NC to Pittsburgh, PA and viceversa. I have made that trip in my Jeep twice. I think its about 550 miles, mainly through the Appalachian mountains. On my second trip(Dec 2011) I was lucky on the way up and got killer mpg's, had the tail wind the whole time. I want to say I got around 20 mpg's. On the trip home, I fought the wind the whole drive back,(Jeep was slowing down going down a steep mountain with no brakes). I think I got around 12 or 13 mpgs

It is on my bucket list to start out in Wilmington, NC and drive all the way across I40 and end in Barstow, CA. I want to get a picture at the signs that say 2,559 miles.
Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.