Let Me Out Dang Lane Hogs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Let Me Out Dang Lane Hogs

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-09-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
thackney

Let Me Out Dang Lane Hogs

This past weekend took my Jeep down to pick up some parts for my son's Supra While waiting to leave the gas station these guys in their little foreign cars (1 Nissan 2 Hondas) were reving the motors and getting all pissed off since nobody would let them out. (One in front of us and the other two were behind me.) Of course I can only take so much of this waiting. Since this jerk was taking up both lane the left and right turn lanes. I just put the Jeep in 4x4 mode and over the 8" curb thru the grass on a major angle then onto the road we went. It does pays to have that Jeep sometimes.

And owe yeah after I did my u-turn I waved to them while they were still waiting to get out. You would of figured by seeing me go right they would of gotten the hint guess some just stay stupid

I know this isn't no big kill or pull story, however, my son loved the hell out of it and of course as soon as we got home. I hear mom you should of seen what dad did. After 20+ years of marriage nothing surprises her anymore. Its all cool as long as she doesn't have to be with me when i finally roll this.

Clean Cloth Interior no rips or cracks (Light Gray)
Rear Bumper has built in 2" hitch
All power(windows & Locks)
thackney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
camjeep3
1988 MJ Comanche 

ahh i love it
6inch RE lift w/ Spring over-8.8 aussie locker and 4.56s
High School Jeepers #15
camjeep3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
POLBOSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

There should be a law allowing us Jeepers to just get on top of import cars
POLBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
ImSuck

yeah i really dont like imports but supras are bada$$
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #59
[QUOTE=Grewe02]No such thing. Eat **** and die.[/QUOTE]

lifted with some extra's
......sold
ImSuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
JeepHunter89
1998 ZJ 

Aaaahhhh, yes. I love doing that especially when I'm waiting to turn at a busy intersection by where I live. If I have to wait, I just drive up the curb and then get right back on the main road while all the little Hondas stare in amazement. The joys of having a Jeep.
JeepHunter89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2006, 01:07 AM   #6
Awshux
Cynical Bastard

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I zipped around a lowered Civic as he i-n-c-h-e-d over a speed bump in a parking lot once. He got behind me at the signal and sat there revving his engine. When the light turned green, I put it in reverse and moved back about 6 inches. The look on his face in my rearview was priceless. I think he thought I was going to go right up his hood!
Unread 08-26-2006, 11:43 PM   #7
bvjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I had a ******* park right behind me at the store where I work. They were sitting there talking so I put my TJ in 4 low and went over the parking curb and onto the street. Of course they give me a strange look but I was grinnin the whole time. Boy do I love to pick on tourists!!!!

Remember: It Aint Perdy Till It's Dirty!!!!!
Colorado Jeep Member #1999
bvjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2006, 10:01 PM   #8
ricecompaq54

I love it!

I've done the same thing. There is this one "T" intersection where anyone who turns left holds everyone else up.

I was stuck behind 4 or 5 cars, waiting on a truck to turn left. To my right was gravel, dirt, mud but an easy cut through - if you had a jeep. I looked at my husband, he looked at me and said go for it. So that's just what I did. Put my jeep in gear, and went over everything, then pulled out into the street and took off while everyone else was left waiting.

I LOVE MY JEEP!
Unread 08-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #9
Gecko61

Similar story. Yesterday I was in a right-hand turn only lane. There was a Sequoia 4WD in front of me and in front of that was another car. We had the green arrow but the lead car was in the wrong lane with their left blinker on.

To the right was a soft shoulder that dropped a bit and had some water and mud. The Sequoia tried to ease around the lead car but just would not put those tires in the dirt. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and just drove into the ditch and back up to the road. Didn't even need 4WD!

Why do people buy 4WD SUV's if they're not even going to use them? I understand that 99% will never go offroad, but you would think they would use it to their advantage in simple road situations like this one.

Further on up the road he ended up behind me at the next light. I had to chuckle when I saw the brush guard...

[URL="http://www.southernhighrollers.com"]Southern High Rollers 4x4 Club[/URL]
Gecko61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2006, 11:00 PM   #10
Midnight22
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i have a front wheel drive open diff import car... this does not stop me from going offroad however, since i rally... cant go where a jeep can, but i can go enough to make it through some minor crap
Midnight22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.