Joy of Jeeps (from my blog) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Joy of Jeeps (from my blog)

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
JeepGal1

Joy of Jeeps (from my blog)

For those who don't know - this is Xena2. My new baby 1996 Jeep Cherokee.

Like most babies, I awoke her first night home to loud, unrelenting screams of want and boy did she want attention! Not only mine -
but the attention of all my neighbors, as well.

At first, I thought I was hearing the annoying bellows of a neighbor's precious baby, even offering suggestions (to myself) how I could
assist to make said screaming cease. So, you can imagine my shock and dismay to find out it was MY Xena waking up the entire
population within a quarter mile.

I ran down the stairs, barefoot, which proved not to be the wisest choice, as it took almost 1/2 hour to dig out the embedded pine
needles from the soft pads of the middle of my feet. I cood and patted and tried my best to console her, to no avail, and could feel the heat
of blaring, tired eyes shooting virtual laser beams of death at me from countless nearby windows.

Finally, she relented and fell into a sweet, silent slumber.
That is - until 5 am the next morning,... when it started all over again.

So, after diligently researching Google for why Xena went berserk, what did I discover?

For older jeeps, it is very common that they come to detest their little fobs.
(You know - those little devices on the keychain, made specifically for OCD people like myself, that you beep to give yourself that little
assurance that everything is safe and secure.)
They don't mind if you OPEN them with the fob but they can't stand it if you CLOSE them with it. They prefer if you tenderly lock the
doors from the from driver;s side and then manually lock the driver's door as you pat them gently goodnight......

If you forget - trust me, they will remind you!

So, that was just the first night's drama with Xena2....

JeepGal1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.