Jeeps tough? Reliable? I think so. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Jeeps tough? Reliable? I think so.

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 01-03-2014, 02:57 AM   #1
Zyurazek

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Jeeps tough? Reliable? I think so.

Here in Virginia it just snowed...not much accumulation compared to what other states get. Here we don't worry about the snow, it's more of the black Ice that worry us. I just drove home in my YJ from work at 3am and come off a ramp off of the main interstate. Everything is fine until I start sliding left, then to the right, left again, and just about the time I had it corrected, a gust of wind blew the jeep. It did a complete 180, then hit the guard rail. We had been expecting winds between 25-40 mph with some up to 50 mph. After turning the jeep around, I pulled over to check for damage. In my opinion, I would had expected more damage after that hard blunt impact. All that was done was the tow hitch bent and the rear passenger side corner pushed in a bit. Nothing done to the gas tank surprisingly and drove away without injury. I'm proud of my jeep! Has anyone else had any surprising experiences?

image-1079926731.jpg

image-295357649.jpg

Zyurazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 04:13 AM   #2
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

Yep, if it had been dry pavement your damage would have been worse. The ice let you bounce off the guard rail instead of burying your Jeep in it. Glad you're ok.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.