Jeep Wave? Nevermore! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Jeep Wave? Nevermore!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #91
Astrum
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I only wave to Military Jeeps, CJs, YJs, TJs, JKs (yes I got a few back), and if I see any waves from another veicheal I will return the wave, but it was been my understanding that its mostly just CJs/Wranglers.

Astrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 01:03 AM   #92
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
Lmao my ex had the deer in headlights look when people started waving at us. She thought I new everyone in NC until I told her it was a jeep thing.

She then started waving at jeeps even when she wasnt in one -facepalm-.

Note "EX"
if i ever saw a jurassic park jeep strollin down the road as detailed as yours i'd jump out the side wiggling like a fish through the air.

that kind of jeep deserves a wave with my entire body, not just my left hand!

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #93
Jeepsman
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsessoms44 View Post
I'M the OP. The wave here in central NC is dead. I will be sending invitations to the funeral via e-mail. I feel with the ignorance of the uppity street Jeepers no amount of CPR will bring it back. I read the will and it left the waving to the Harley. Sorry folks, I did my part. Just wish I could afford a Harley so people would wave at me.
They are "ignorant" because they are not informed. If we opt to ignore all those who are new to the Jeep brand, they would never become informed. Thus, the Jeep community could slowly wither away into a miniature community.

I got a Jeep in 2008 and had NO knowledge of the community it had. A KJ waved to me once and I waved back with a questioned look, I had no clue who he was. But I eventually found JeepForum.com and learned so much more about the Jeep community and the wave. I am extremely happy that I have found this community. I drive a KJ, but I am just as diehard Jeeper as you or Joe Blow.

The "It's a Jeep Thing" isn't unconditional when you're born. Keep waving, someone will wave back.
Unread 05-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #94
jsessoms44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I waved at a guy today............................................. .................no wave
Unread 05-19-2011, 02:47 AM   #95
CGrugger

1985 CJ7 

I have my wk with me now, I wave at all jeeps, no one has waved back. i want my CJ back!

07 WK Limited: 4.7, QT-II
CGrugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 02:58 AM   #96
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrugger View Post
I have my wk with me now, I wave at all jeeps, no one has waved back. i want my CJ back!
if its modded then thats bull****, i got the rock on from some guy in a prerunnered out F150 today.

even the ford guys are giving me the approval. i wave at any jeeper thats looking in my direction and has a modded rig.

i also wave too the older folks because chances are they've owned that jeep for a long time or owned an older jeep and they know what the jeep wave is. respect thy jeep elders...

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #97
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

I dont wave at the 4-doors, I give them the finger, even if it is modified I used to wave but, they just give me the weird look.
dwbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #98
JumpsInPuddles
2014 JK Wrangler 

I wave at pretty much everybody... regardless of what Jeep they drive. I have owned a variety of Jeeps over the years. Mostly stock but all wheeled. From a old lifted CJ5 with no carpet, doors, or top to a stock grand wagoneer, a Jeepster, a ZJ, and others. I never know where someone is in live. Some ride stock because they don't have the money to pay someone to mod it, don't have the skills/tools/place to mod it themselves. Some mod them and never take them on the trails (they even sell stickers that look like mud for that "fresh off the trail" look).

Last night, I bought another Jeep... a used Liberty which will hold the 3 carseats. My budget doesn't allow for a 4-door wrangler nor do I have the tools to keep an older wagoneer up and running as dd and out on the trails. I doubt I will mod it much but will wheel it as much as possible.

I wave at pretty much everyone... 'cause I have been in both driver's seats of the Jeep wave.
JumpsInPuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #99
Noxian
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown View Post
I dont wave at the 4-doors, I give them the finger, even if it is modified I used to wave but, they just give me the weird look.
Well thats not nice, Some of us 4door owners are true Jeepers

But I agree alot of JK owners dont wave back

I did get a wave from a hummer H1 owner, but I knew him HAHA
Noxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #100
riot718
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I wave at them all, just so glad to have a Jeep again. My 9 year old daughter waves from the backseat - only at YJs though.

There are a ton of Wranglers of all vintages in my part of CT. Lot of college students in JKs, lot of soccer moms, etc. There are also a pretty decent number of sweet Jeeps out there. I saw one this morning that made my heart skip a beat. I waved to the guy and he didn't wave back.

In general this morning I was in a waving frenzy - probably passed 12 in a 1/2 mile stretch - and no one waved.

Then I realized. I was driving the Subaru. Which explained a lot.
riot718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #101
mountainluver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I loved the other day passed a TJ with a load of kids they were all waving with both arms in the air, gave a big and wave back.
mountainluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #102
tombombadil
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I waved at a JK today as the driver was turning the corner. She waved back but with a really confused look on her face.
Unread 06-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #103
tombombadil
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainluver View Post
I loved the other day passed a TJ with a load of kids they were all waving with both arms in the air, gave a big and wave back.
My son does the same thing.
Unread 06-03-2011, 02:47 AM   #104
FinJeep
WJ 

I've owned Jeep for 18 months and couple of weeks ago I got waved at for the first time ...by Land Rover Discovery ...women...
FinJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #105
jsessoms44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I made a quick jaunt up the street today and met one fellow jeeper. I waved, whole arm, out the little sliding window on my hard uppers. NO WAVE BACK!!!!!! It made me so MAD!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.