Jeep Wave? Nevermore! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Jeep Wave? Nevermore!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 03-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #76
Penatzer93
1994 YJ Wrangler 

same here. i try to wave and only get like 1/10th of the ones i wave at to wave back lol...

Penatzer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #77
jmmorgan82

Actually had a lady in a Liberty give me the wave this morning, and got one from a Compass last weekend. I was shocked.
jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #78
dabjeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The wave is alive and well in Newport News Virginia. I usually only wave a wranglers. I get alot of waves from XJ's though, its kind of akward and yes, almost every soccer mom has a 4 door wrangler with there whole arm waving out the window like a total creeper.
dabjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #79
jmmorgan82

Creeper?

jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #80
tombombadil
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcityXJ View Post
i wave at modded Wranglers only and any cherokee owner. I dont have time for grandma in the stock 4 door JK.
What difference does it make who is driving or whether or not the rig is modded (or even which model it is)? Seriously, just spot the grill in on-coming traffic and wave to it, not the shadow behind the wheel. Prejudice towards the age of the driver or the model of Jeep proves only one thing: the person's inadequate familiarity with the community. Jeepers stick together.

I've been actively involved in the "wave/no wave" discussion for a while and my emotions towards it have spanned the spectrum. I've come to the conclusion that the Jeep thing is to wave, therefore, I wave. I just raise my palm with fingers extended and, because there's no need to look at the driver, I remain focused on driving.

It's obvious that the onslaught of uncommitted JK drivers who don't understand has caused a disturbance in our community. That disturbance has led to suspicion which in turn has caused many of us to question each other's sincerity.

The fleeting population of "mall mom" and "golf dad" JK drivers (sorry. I like the labels.) will soon trade in when the fad is over. This will have a ripple effect in the Jeeper community.
  1. There will be fewer wanna-be Jeepers on the road
  2. Fewer wanna-be drivers will improve our moral
  3. Improved moral will lead to reduced suspicion
  4. Reduced suspicion will result in the revival of the wave
  5. A wave revival will result a sense of community again

I have to agree though that the Cherokee may be due for induction into the wave.
Unread 04-11-2011, 02:08 AM   #81
Deadpool799
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombombadil

What difference does it make who is driving or whether or not the rig is modded (or even which model it is)? Seriously, just spot the grill in on-coming traffic and wave to it, not the shadow behind the wheel. Prejudice towards the age of the driver or the model of Jeep proves only one thing: the person's inadequate familiarity with the community. Jeepers stick together.
Totally agree with you. Speaking as a fairly new Jeep owner with a mostly (for now) stock TJ with only some of the inexpensive do it yourself mods, I love it when other Jeep drivers wave back at me. I'm really glad they don't think I'm less of a Jeep owner just because I don't have a 4" lift and 33" tires. (yet)

Also, I've always liked the 4 door JKs and hope to own one in the future. Hopefully other Jeep owners will continue to return the wave even to a JK owner who isn't a "soccer mom" or a "golf dad".
Deadpool799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #82
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

In south Texas on the Mexican border, the wave is dead. I noticed the JK crowd is also the starbuck latte drinking crowd....so that in itself speaks volumes.

I only wave to CJ's or TJ's.
contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #83
Killers99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop

I only wave to CJ's or TJ's.
Me too!
Killers99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #84
roman-loling
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubaru2002
Just flick off as many jeep drivers as you can. Shortly thereafter your reputation spreads, other jeepers will be looking at you when you drive by and THEN you can start waving again.
Hahahahaha that's what's up
roman-loling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #85
jsessoms44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'M the OP. The wave here in central NC is dead. I will be sending invitations to the funeral via e-mail. I feel with the ignorance of the uppity street Jeepers no amount of CPR will bring it back. I read the will and it left the waving to the Harley. Sorry folks, I did my part. Just wish I could afford a Harley so people would wave at me.
Unread 04-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #86
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I got my first jeep in 1993, it was a 1978 CJ7 with a 304 V8. The jeep was wave was alive then. Snce then the wave has died and the people who buy JK's especially are a totally different breed.
contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #87
XJ96Reptar
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I drive a 96 cherokee sport and hardly ever get waves...hovever my mom drives a four door jk and gets them left and right. I wave at cherokees and wranglers.....i dislike all new jeeps other than the wranglers...jeeps r made to go off road not to have leather seats that heat your butt and back.
XJ96Reptar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 02:50 AM   #88
vanickcook
1998 TJ Wrangler 

jeep wave is definately alive in hampton roads, I just keep my hand up at all times. especially beach season crusing the strip at the oceanfront. my hand waves to all the pretty ladies. i wave to all jeeps but not the 4 doors. sorry, not feeling it.
vanickcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #89
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ96Reptar
I wave at cherokees and wranglers.....i dislike all new jeeps other than the wranglers...jeeps r made to go off road not to have leather seats that heat your butt and back.
I wave at every jeep I see and the wife loves the heated seats on cold days when were out on a trail. Rarely ever get a wave back from anything. In my year and a half as a jeep owner in so cal I've only gotten the wave back twice. Once from a stock jk and just last week from a bad a** zj I've never seen in the area. I didn't even see him, when I did I caught the wave and happily returned it.
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #90
Jeepsman
2005 KJ Liberty 

I'll take my original statement back about no one waving. While in my brother's TJ, every single person waves. While in my KJ, I've had only one TJ and on CJ wave.

Nowa days, I'll wave to the older Jeeps such as the CJs and Wagoneers. But if a person is going to pre-judge me because I'm in a Liberty, I rather ignore them. They are not worth my energy.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.