Jeep Wave? Nevermore! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Jeep Wave? Nevermore!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 01-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #46
boarderthug
1997 TJ Wrangler 

When I first got my tj 'bout 11 years ago, I had never heard of the jeep wave.. I would meet this yj coming the other way most mornings on my road and the guy would always wave at me.. I was like "who does this guy think I am?" Until I started getting waves from other jeeps I just thought that guy was a wierdo.. now I'm the wierdo, but its a fun tradition. It was always fun back when I was single riding around with my dude friends and a hot chick in a jeep would go by and wave! hehe they thought I was popular. HA!

boarderthug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #47
j33p4l1fe4x4
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wave is everywhere here in north Texas...even.the green jks
Unread 01-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #48
MightyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I waved to two JKs today here in northern WV and no return wave. Waved to one TJ and got a wave back. I don't care if I got any return waves by the JKs i'll still keep waving anyways.
MightyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #49
BamaFanRollTide
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was just complaining about this today. Of course my wife thinks I'm crazy for being mad at random people for not waving at me. Maybe its because my lift is sitting in my garage waiting on tires ($$$$) and I'm riding in a stock JK but I get almost no waves. Usually only a few from the modded JKs and TJs I pass. Most of the Jeeps around me look at me like I'm crazy when I start waving at them.
BamaFanRollTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #50
MightyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderthug View Post
When I first got my tj 'bout 11 years ago, I had never heard of the jeep wave.. I would meet this yj coming the other way most mornings on my road and the guy would always wave at me.. I was like "who does this guy think I am?" Until I started getting waves from other jeeps I just thought that guy was a wierdo.. now I'm the wierdo, but its a fun tradition. It was always fun back when I was single riding around with my dude friends and a hot chick in a jeep would go by and wave hehe they thought I was popular. HA!
Yeah those are always the best kind of waves.
MightyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #51
KDYORN
2002 TJ Wrangler 

There is a guy that owns a lime green cj that has 35's and at least a 4 inch lift. I see him all the time and I always wave. He either gives me a look like, dude I don't know you y are u waving at me or sometimes it's like the look of my jeeps bigger don't bother. Kinda makes me mad but o well. He's not gettin a jf card on his window when I see him parked lol. I think out of about 50 jeeps, modded or not only 5-10 wave. That's counting my mom and dad, neighbor and friends that own jeeps.
33x12.5 SuperSwamper TSL
15x10.5 Cragar's
ProComp Rock Crawler Front and Rear Bumper
[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;10733129]If you attempt to write a woman's manual it's more than likely gonna be 370228374639228377 pages long. :D[/QUOTE]

I got the [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="5"]Jeep[/SIZE][/COLOR] thing, now it burns when I pee.
KDYORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #52
topmagoo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33p4l1fe4x4 View Post
Wave is everywhere here in north Texas...even.the green jks
make your way to northeast fort worth, you'll get a wave from this dark blue tj.
topmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #53
Jeepsman
2005 KJ Liberty 

I give up on waving first.

It's funny, while in my KJ, most Jeepsmen ignore me. But whenever I am with my brother in his TJ, people are jumping out of their seats to wave first. Can't blame them though, since most KJs here are driven by college women.
Unread 02-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #54
Spaf
2011 JK Wrangler 

When I got my JK a few weeks ago one of my younger sisters, TJ owner, said, "You've got to wave." I was like whatever. Anyways a couple Jeepers waved at me and I missed. Thought to myself I better wake up. Now I wave to all Wranglers. Saturday I drove to my daughter's, sixty-five miles one way, and had four of five Jeeps wave back. Do Libs, etc. wave too? Not around here . . but then I never tried waving to them.
Yellow Jeep Club #54
"Que scais-je?"
Spaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #55
John_Canfield
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Our first Jeep was the KJ (Libby) and nobody would wave, and I really didn't expect one. With the 33" Rubi, I'll even have the occasional pickup truck wave out here in the rural ranch country of Texas.

2006 Rubicon LJ, not stock
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #56
Shewoolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I find out here, the moded Jeeps wave, but the stock jeeps have no idea what's going on :-) They look at me like i'm crazy.
Shewoolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #57
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJeep View Post
I waved to two JKs today here in northern WV and no return wave. Waved to one TJ and got a wave back. I don't care if I got any return waves by the JKs i'll still keep waving anyways.
Yeahhh. I wave at every Jeep I see here in Morgantown, if I see 20 in a day, I'll prob get 3-4 wave backs.

Usually I get pissed if someone doesn't wave back, and my middle finger enjoys waving.
john304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #58
TheSlowDown
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I wave to every jeep except the new 4-door stock JK's with the soccer moms. They invariably NEVER wave back, seems they even get offended from time to time like some random guy is trying to attract their attention (when in reality I care more about their Jeeps than them).I think the new Wranglers are attracting different types of people perhaps?

Most people around here wave, usually in a fairly lifeless way. The best wave 'ever' was a teenager who had apparently just got his used YJ and was beaming up to his ears and gave a very enthusiastic wave back.

I found the teen's reaction thoroughly awesome & refreshing for some reason.
TheSlowDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #59
MONSooNmonkey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by INCA View Post
haha...I had an awkward moment when I was turning around to get on the freeway..I saw a modded TJ sitting at the light ( 3 cars were beside him) but he was the first one at the light..I waved and he waved back...than the guy beside him in a camry waved...and some one in a dakota look at me like I dont know you!!! The joy of a simple wave.
I wave at fellow Americans, if they wave back they are 'American' to me, if they don't they go on the (when zombies attack I'm taking your supplies) list.
Unread 02-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #60
Deadpool799
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I bought my TJ back in November and it took less than a month to figure out why all the Jeep owners were waving at me. Now I wave first when I see em coming. I do think it's kinda funny that the JKs are the ones that seem to not be catching on. Funny thing is when I'm driving my other car and still catch myself waving at Jeeps.
Deadpool799 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.