Jeep Wave? Nevermore! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Jeep Wave? Nevermore!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #31
chrisml
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The first time my girlfriend was in the Jeep, she was dumbfounded when two jeeps passed us and both returned the wave.

Walking back and forth to school from my apartment I have to fight the urge to wave at the TJs and YJs passing me on the street. I'm sure if I waved they'd wave back anyways!

chrisml is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 12:54 AM   #32
1999TonkaTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The day i got my TJ when I was 18 I got my first wave (but i was already used to the idea of the wave cause of when i would drive my dad's modded samurai and cause of riding motorcycles), that was when it was stock. Now that i've lifted and done a lot of other stuff to it, i get the wave mostly from guys driving the other lifted modded rigs, but there is literally like only one other girl i think who has ever waved back driving a wrangler...its weird how that works..guess most gals in southern oregon dont "understand" the jeep wave...probably think everyone who waves is weird..haha

So in my town there are probably like only 2 gals who wave at other jeeps...me and the other one who waved back at me lol
1999TonkaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #33
KDYORN
2002 TJ Wrangler 

No offense but in my neck of the woods its always seems to be the woman that dont wave back, either in a TJ or the JK... dont get me wrong there are plenty of guys that dont wave as well... always the soccer moms. i think the decal of the mirror wud b a good idea but with 33x12.5 the tire sticks out past the fender and my mirrors are always covered in slush in the winter time.
33x12.5 SuperSwamper TSL
15x10.5 Cragar's
ProComp Rock Crawler Front and Rear Bumper
[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;10733129]If you attempt to write a woman's manual it's more than likely gonna be 370228374639228377 pages long. :D[/QUOTE]

I got the [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="5"]Jeep[/SIZE][/COLOR] thing, now it burns when I pee.
KDYORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #34
joshr1987

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Id say I get waves back half the time here in Greensboro NC... even from the stockers sometimes.
joshr1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #35
Hemi2Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I do like a few others have said and wave at all Wranglers, CJ's, and modded Cherokees, basically most Jeeps that have a SFA. What's the harm in doing so? It requires minimal effort, and if none wave back, then so what? It's their loss, not yours.

I disagree with putting it in the owners manual though. The Wave should not be mandated, it should be given freely. That makes it easier to differentiate the true Jeepers from the mindless lemmings who do what they're told without understanding the reason behind it.

Current Jeep: '04 Rubicon - Stock for now
Hemi2Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #36
ncreptile
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I am making a new windshield sticker that says
"Free Middle finger for non waving Jeepers."

I dont want to 4dr jeeps unless they wave first, infact I generally only wave to CJs and YJs and MAYBE TJs if they look modded.

I hate the women driving their husbands jeep, no idea what the wave is. But hey the ones that do seem hot
Unread 01-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #37
ncreptile
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisml View Post
The first time my girlfriend was in the Jeep, she was dumbfounded when two jeeps passed us and both returned the wave.

Walking back and forth to school from my apartment I have to fight the urge to wave at the TJs and YJs passing me on the street. I'm sure if I waved they'd wave back anyways!
Lmao my ex had the deer in headlights look when people started waving at us. She thought I new everyone in NC until I told her it was a jeep thing.

She then started waving at jeeps even when she wasnt in one -facepalm-.

Note "EX"
Unread 01-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #38
jsessoms44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

whoa! we be representin NC. NC in da house. HAHAHAHA nc reptile i'm like right down the road!
Unread 01-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #39
Evoluvin

When i get a jeep ill be sure to wave, just not to the soccer moms.

Night Crew #357
Evoluvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #40
ncreptile
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsessoms44 View Post
whoa! we be representin NC. NC in da house. HAHAHAHA nc reptile i'm like right down the road!
Where are you at bud?
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #41
jsessoms44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Harnett
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #42
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I get funny looks from people in lifted jeeps when I wave. Not all just some.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #43
coloradojeeper9
1993 ZJ 

when I had a yj I got waves all the time. Now I have a zj and never get a wave. And yes it is a modded up zj
coloradojeeper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #44
4xFun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsessoms44 View Post
I have tried the Jeep Wave for years now but it has never caught on in my "neck-o-the-woods". I am vowing here and now, that never again will I wave first just because you are driving a "cool" machine. Owning a Jeep doesn't allow you to waste several moments of my time ,every time I leave my house. If you wave first I will be more than happy to wave back. It truely is a community, wave at your neighbors!!!!
So they don't wave back, so what? Continue that friendly jeep wave. Don't let what others do, or in this case, don't do, dictate on how you will act.
4xFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #45
Hemi2Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Earlier posts mentioned adding the Wave to the owners manual, so I thought this was pretty funny. It's from the 2004 Jeep Wrangler brochure:

Current Jeep: '04 Rubicon - Stock for now
Hemi2Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.