Jeep Wave? Nevermore! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Jeep Wave? Nevermore!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
jsessoms44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Wave? Nevermore!

I have tried the Jeep Wave for years now but it has never caught on in my "neck-o-the-woods". I am vowing here and now, that never again will I wave first just because you are driving a "cool" machine. Owning a Jeep doesn't allow you to waste several moments of my time ,every time I leave my house. If you wave first I will be more than happy to wave back. It truely is a community, wave at your neighbors!!!!

jsessoms44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
portcityXJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

i wave at modded Wranglers only and any cherokee owner. I dont have time for grandma in the stock 4 door JK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRollerSkate View Post
Do they come in any other varieties besides crap?
portcityXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
jsessoms44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

should it take that long to process waving? what if it was an old lady in a modded rig? would you wave then? what if it was nicely modded but had tinted windows so you couldn't see if they were young or old? this would be too tough for me.....do you keep a list handy that lets you know if it's "wavable" or not? are you anti-old lady?
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
warrior99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcityXJ View Post
i wave at modded Wranglers only and any cherokee owner. I dont have time for grandma in the stock 4 door JK.
[z] . [z]--O-[z]
warrior99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just flick off as many jeep drivers as you can. Shortly thereafter your reputation spreads, other jeepers will be looking at you when you drive by and THEN you can start waving again.
blubaru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
jsessoms44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

good idea. I wave like he!! and wind up looking like an idiot............i hate that.
Unread 09-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
INCA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

haha...I had an awkward moment when I was turning around to get on the freeway..I saw a modded TJ sitting at the light ( 3 cars were beside him) but he was the first one at the light..I waved and he waved back...than the guy beside him in a camry waved...and some one in a dakota look at me like I dont know you!!! The joy of a simple wave.
INCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
XtrmTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am Not waving at the person, I am waving/honoring the Jeep !
GREEN JEEP CLUB Member #516

It's a ROCK, ... get over it !
XtrmTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
jsessoms44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am Not waving at the person, I am waving/honoring the Jeep !
O...K......time for someone to visit a mental health professional....hahaha j/k
Unread 10-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #10
Torxhead
1986 CJ7 

"I have tried the Jeep Wave for years now but it has never caught on in my "neck-o-the-woods". I am vowing here and now, that never again will I wave first just because you are driving a "cool" machine. Owning a Jeep doesn't allow you to waste several moments of my time ,every time I leave my house. If you wave first I will be more than happy to wave back. It truely is a community, wave at your neighbors!"

Well jessoms44, If I see you out on the road, or on a trail I will wave.
Torxhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #11
crcj7
1986 CJ7 

i wave to all wranglers and cj and any modded zj or wj or fjs but i almost never get waves back out of jks even modded ones i guess its cause a lot of the lifted ones are just dealer lifts ...... on the other hand i do flick off every hummer i see as do my fellow jeepers in the hooood
Unread 10-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #12
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

When in my Wrangler, I wave to EVERY Wrangler and modified Jeep. I even had a guy in a jacked Land Rover wave to me (first) which I thought was cool. When in my WJ, I occasionally will give or get a wave from another Jeep. I live in CT where wheeling is almost non-existant and every f-ing soccer mom has a 4 door. I wave especially obnoxious to those people...hand and arm out the window waving like a lunatic.

You could always do one of these: jeepwaves.com - Home of the Jeep Wave Sticker It is a simple sticker that goes on your drivers mirror.

I think you have to keep the "club" alive...F the ones that don't participate. It should be something that is told to you at the stealership before you even buy a Wrangler. It should be on page one of the owners manual or stamped on your visor!!!!

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
www.facebook.com/BlackJeepSociety
2010 JK & 2004 WJ
CTJeepWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #13
bc40ton
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The wave is alive and well in South Jersey!
bc40ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #14
jsessoms44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I still wave..........it seems somewhat pointless though. On occasion I get a wave back and that seems to make it worth it. (although I do feel like an idiot to the ones that don't know to wave). And, yes it should be in the buyers contract when the Jeep is purchased that you must wave or face having your jeep taken from you....kinda like having a child and no parenting skills!!!!
Unread 11-01-2010, 04:26 AM   #15
DaveLotek
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I never knew there was such a thing as a "Jeep wave". It occurred to me after a while there was such a thing though. We just naturally started waving to anyone driving one of these contraptions. It might be an "us" (who are genetically predisposed to drive Jeeps) and "them" who are genetically mutated and predisposed to drive more "run of the mill" vehicles.
DaveLotek is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.