jeep wave - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > jeep wave

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #121
Mark4883
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsup887 View Post
i hate when you wave to another guy in a tj, cj or yj and they give you the finger. theres this one guy in my town who's very fond of the one finger wave. whats up with this guy?
Rofl thats awesome.

Mark4883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #122
Jeepoffroad89
1995 YJ Wrangler 

today i was drivin the YJ with the upper doors off around town gettin some stuff for my next mod and a woman in a stock JK initiated the wave! I was shock, and of course waved right back
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #123
YYJ87
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMaster View Post
No sir, that's quite a drive for me, however I did find it funny that a string of three posts were from us michiganders lol. About the farthest from home I go is to Cadillac to hit the two-trackers with the Jeep and everything else with the dirtbike. Ever came down to the mounds?

cadillac is only 45 min from my front door....

I have not been to the mounds, not even sure of there location.

about 30 min from cadillac in twisted trails and i have been there, not a bad place.... no matter what anyone tells you the pond is NOT crossable

Cadilac has quite a few interesting trails... shoot me a pm next time your up for a weekend in the heep, we will rally the LAPC for a good weekend...

yyj
YYJ87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #124
RMFK13
1993 ZJ 

i dont drive a wrangler but i drive a zj, and there are a few other lifted zjs and built wranglers and they usually give a head nod and that 2 finger wave type thing when i drive by em and such.
I also like how when ur sittin tryin to make a left or a right and theres a ton of traffic, every time a jeep popped up they stopped and let me in.
RMFK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #125
TowMaster
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYJ87 View Post
Cadilac has quite a few interesting trails... shoot me a pm next time your up for a weekend in the heep, we will rally the LAPC for a good weekend...

yyj
Can't say no to that!
NightCrew #125

Quote:
Why don't they have braille at drive-thru's?
TowMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 10:43 PM   #126
2doorxj

1998 XJ Cherokee 

i personally think that a lifted cherokee will get more waves than a STOCK yj tj of jk any day of the week. i dont wave to any stock jeep, unless they wave to me first, but i always wave to another lifted jeep, and i have never not gotten a wave back.

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #127
YYJ87
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMaster View Post
Can't say no to that!

The LAP (loud and proud) consits of myself and 5 other guys that started riding our punched out sleds together about 3 winters ago. when spring came we started wheeling together. we pound the pavement to cadilac on saturdays, have a nice lunch and 2-track it home.... then the :cheers 2::ch eers2::cheers2 :

yyj
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:46 AM   #128
RMFK13
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
i personally think that a lifted cherokee will get more waves than a STOCK yj tj of jk any day of the week. i dont wave to any stock jeep, unless they wave to me first, but i always wave to another lifted jeep, and i have never not gotten a wave back.
the person in said stock jeep probably uses it as a grocery getter... Person in said lifted jeep probably uses it for the same reason you do. Hence the wave. i never got any looks before i started messin with my jeep.
RMFK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #129
YYJ87
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMFK13 View Post
the person in said stock jeep probably uses it as a grocery getter... Person in said lifted jeep probably uses it for the same reason you do. Hence the wave. i never got any looks before i started messin with my jeep.

I agree, there are a lot of retires that cruise town in the summer months in tjs, most look like they just rolled off the showroom floor!

Wach out for thoes "stock" jeeps you see in trails. Last summer i came across a guy in a 94 yj with a 2" body lift and 235/75 STTs, he was in his 30s and talking smack. wasnt untill after he kicked my butt through 3 obsticals that i noticed he was tummy tucked and had selectables. : that hour we ran together is a great definition of "dont judge a jeep by its tire size"

YYJ
Unread 01-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #130
DocMojave
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
tummy tucked and had selectables. :
Layman's terms>?

Did anyone see Xtreme 4x4 this Saturday? They were talking about a bunch of trails being closed.
Unread 01-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #131
YYJ87
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMojave View Post
Layman's terms>?

Did anyone see Xtreme 4x4 this Saturday? They were talking about a bunch of trails being closed.

The motor, trans. and transfer case were moved up closer to the body so a completly flush skidplate can be used. so he doest have his drivetrain and skid hanging down 5" below the frame rails anymore.

selectable are locker that can be turned off and on by switch or cable.

yyj
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #132
DocMojave
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The motor, trans. and transfer case were moved up closer to the body so a completly flush skidplate can be used. so he doest have his drivetrain and skid hanging down 5" below the frame rails anymore.

selectable are locker that can be turned off and on by switch or cable.

yyj
Sweet deal. You couldn't see the 'tummy tuck' before hand? You didn't bet on money on this challenge did you?
Unread 01-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #133
YYJ87
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMojave View Post
Sweet deal. You couldn't see the 'tummy tuck' before hand? You didn't bet on money on this challenge did you?
stock jeeps are so low i didnt notice. no money, just another jeeper havin fun!

yyj
Unread 02-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #134
MNCrocodile
1989 YJ Wrangler 

My YJ has a 3 1/2" lift and 33's, so it doesn't look stock by any means. Jeep-style Jeeps (CJ,YJ,TJ,JK) are not that plentiful around here, but most of them wave. A few stockers don't.
I will wave at XJ's and Grands if they look mod'ed or like they wheel, and most will wave back. But around here, most lifted trucks get a wave or nod from each other anyways.
MNCrocodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #135
DocMojave
2006 LJ Wrangler 

It's very dangerous to wave to people you don't know because what if they don't have hands? They'll think you're being ċocky.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.