jeep wave - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > jeep wave

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 01-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #106
spoofmastafly
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep wave is pretty good in Hawaii. Atleast on base, off base I usually just get the finger cause I'm white.

But I tend to only wave that the Jeeps that are lifted and look like there actually used off road.. I'll frown at the guys who have huge lifts, big shiney shiney black tires, chrome rims.. and spend all day at the car wash detailing their jeeps...

spoofmastafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #107
YYJ87
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
now i know i have a stock jeep, but i still wave to every jeep i see, no matter if it is a wrangler or cherokee i still wave, but i only get the wave back from the older guys. all the teenagers(i am one btw) never wave back WTF

Around here it seems that most the wrangler/cj drivers give the chryslers (non wrangler or cj model jeeps) the finger when they attempt the jeep wave.

I do not give the finger but at the same time i dont wave.

duke
YYJ87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #108
mikecrts
1983 CJ7 

Today after school I noticed a TJ in the lot to pick someone up. By natural habbit I waved and they looked at me like I was crazy.

Most people do the wave around here but there are several who dont.
mikecrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #109
TowMaster
1996 ZJ 

My ZJ and I appreciate that Duke. While it might not be a Wrangler, its sure takes me through some stuff, and I extend the courtesy of the wave to every Jeep I see (providing the driver looks like someone who knows how to use the 4wd lever).
NightCrew #125

Quote:
Why don't they have braille at drive-thru's?
TowMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #110
YYJ87
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMaster View Post
My ZJ and I appreciate that Duke. While it might not be a Wrangler, its sure takes me through some stuff, and I extend the courtesy of the wave to every Jeep I see (providing the driver looks like someone who knows how to use the 4wd lever).

I have nothing against ZJs, i wheel with two of them. When i stated anything but a wrangler is a chrysler i was referenceing the minset of a few local jeepers i spend a lot of time with, not my own! though i only wave to my own, i consider any jeep that gets used like a jeep to be a jeep.

I dont wave to other models because there normaly driven by soccer moms! has nothing to do with the model.

duke
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #111
TowMaster
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYJ87 View Post
I have nothing against ZJs, i wheel with two of them. When i stated anything but a wrangler is a chrysler i was referenceing the minset of a few local jeepers i spend a lot of time with, not my own! though i only wave to my own, i consider any jeep that gets used like a jeep to be a jeep.

I dont wave to other models because there normaly driven by soccer moms! has nothing to do with the model.

duke
Unfortunately I'd have to agree! And thanks!
NightCrew #125

Quote:
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #112
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

here in york pa the jeep wave is dying... maybe 3 out of every 10 jeeps wave back to me
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #113
YYJ87
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMaster View Post
Unfortunately I'd have to agree! And thanks!

Your in clio! Do you ever wander over to the TC area?

duke
Unread 01-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #114
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

There was a guy here that was in a blue YJ Lifted with about 33's on it and I tried three diff times and I know he saw me but he never waved back. I think he is in a Jeep club around here thats known to be stuck up and think there better than everyone else. I cant believe there are ppl in the jeep community that are like this.
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #115
jeepgurl775
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I drive an XJ and I never get waves returned, but I know it's cuz I don't have any mods....but I still love my jeep!
jeepgurl775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #116
DocMojave
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
There was a guy here that was in a blue YJ Lifted with about 33's on it and I tried three diff times and I know he saw me but he never waved back. I think he is in a Jeep club around here thats known to be stuck up and think there better than everyone else. I cant believe there are ppl in the jeep community that are like this.
Kind of "elite" like the BNB crew?
Unread 01-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #117
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

They think they are. From what ive heard from ppl that know them they are just a bunch of low rent Jeep "nerds" and think that if you dont run black and red trails and destroy your ride that you arent a true jeeper. F'n Losers is all they are.
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #118
blkfreedom03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The very first JK I ever saw on the road was a 4-door and the lady behind the wheel actually initiated the wave. She was almost pressed against the windshield frantically waving, I'll never forget that.

I tried waving when I had my ZJ, but got nowhere with that. Usually the lifted XJs will wave if the person is older. A good majority of TJs wave back, not so much with the YJs.

Ah, and have any of you ever caught yourselves waving when you're not driving your Jeep?

Black Jeep Society
blkfreedom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #119
TowMaster
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYJ87 View Post
Your in clio! Do you ever wander over to the TC area?

duke
No sir, that's quite a drive for me, however I did find it funny that a string of three posts were from us michiganders lol. About the farthest from home I go is to Cadillac to hit the two-trackers with the Jeep and everything else with the dirtbike. Ever came down to the mounds?
NightCrew #125

Quote:
Unread 01-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #120
TowMaster
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkfreedom03 View Post
Ah, and have any of you ever caught yourselves waving when you're not driving your Jeep?
Haha, more than once! But NOBODY waves around here.
NightCrew #125

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.