jeep wave - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > jeep wave

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 12-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #91
blkrubi88
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I wave unless I didn't see them and most of the time I get a return wave. I was surprised last month when I got a wave from a postal carrier driving a right hand TJ!

blkrubi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2009, 08:01 AM   #92
sledgehammer199
2005 WK 

I just think my main problem is where I live. Its a weathly area and a lot of snutty rich kids have really nice cars. At our high school, people drove cars like Audi, Lexus, Mercedes! Someone had the new camero before it even came out.
sledgehammer199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #93
Walt
2008 WK 

No Grand Cherokees (let alone any other Jeeps) wave around here.

On motorcycles, all riders acknowledge each other and wave, no matter what make. I've been doing this since 1962 without fail. New $25K+ H-D riders are sometimes too cool to do more than a slight finger lift off the left handgrip. I don't care; I still wave.

I stop & offer assistance to every motorcycle parked along the side of the road, whether I'm on the bike or in the Grand Cherokee. Would do the same for any Jeep (except I've never actually seen any).

Don't know where is the esprit-de-corps is among Jeep owners in mid-Michigan. Probably on the cell phone against their right ear.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #94
sledgehammer199
2005 WK 

I was following a group of bikers and noticed their waves. They would put their left hand out and lower it down a bit. I thought it was pretty cool. I always stop if someone looks like they are having vehicle trouble. I did it all the time when I had my Explorer.

One night I went out for a drive with this girl I had a crush on because I wanted someone to talk to because I was having some issues with my friend, but while I was out, it was stormy. I stopped and put my hazards on because there was a bunch of branches laying on the road from the storm. I moved them off to the side and she helped. I even had a lady drive by and thank me. As I pulled away a cop stopped there and put flares because there was a dead tree laying on the power lines. I didn't notice that.

But with my Jeep, I still feel compelled to help others, and I just think I need to get some modification on my Jeep to make it stand out more to other true Jeepers.
sledgehammer199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #95
GrCherokeeL
1999 WJ 

I think the first time I ever did the Jeep Wave I was driving past a WJ and surprisingly he waved back. I remember being so excited and thrilled that a Jeeper waved back to me.

There's been a few other times where I waved to any Jeep I seen, but I guess since I was going 60 mph and just raised my hand when we were able to see each other, the other driver couldn't raise their hand in time.

It's that or no one likes to wave. I try not to be too picky, but whenever I wave to another girl that has a Jeep, she's either on the phone or she ignores it completely. No offense to any girls, I just wish I could see them respond back.

Only the other Grand Cherokee's seem to want to wave back to me though.

Although there was one time when someone who didn't have a Jeep at all waved to me, it was a really great feeling.

Another moment when I waved a lot was when I drove to Wisconsin, every Jeep I saw I waved...but not once I got a wave back. And I know I passed about twenty or so.
GrCherokeeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #96
XJelvis
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm usually only in my YJ on the back roads in nearby small towns, so I don't get many chances to wave. The only other Jeepers I remember waving to are my neighbors and mail carriers, who I wave to anyway

In my stock XJ, I'll wave to any other Jeep, but I rarely get a wave back. Maybe they don't even expect a stock XJ to wave? Regardless, I'll never forget my first experience with the Jeep wave. I was cruising down a small highway and passed a muddy, lifted CJ, and the guy actually initiated the wave with a huge grin on his face!
XJelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #97
BrightEyes
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I just got my first vehicle/first Jeep ('02 TJ). My neighbour told me about the Jeep wave and I didn't really believe him.
Within 3 days of having my Jeep I took her on a cross-country road trip for Christmas ... and a guy in another TJ waved at me! I was so excited!!! Now I wave at every other Jeep I see, because maybe I'll make one of the other drivers as happy as that guy made me!!!
BrightEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #98
Walt
2008 WK 

After reading this thread, I tried an experiment over the last 3 weeks: Waved at every Jeep that I passed on the road. Must have passed over 100 Jeeps (all models) during that period. NOT ONE waved back!

Well, actually, one guy at a stop sign with another Silver Metallic WK waved back after a pregnant pause, probably thinking that he knows me (he doesn't). Jeep comraderie does not seem to be rampant here.........
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #99
Mooseknuckles
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I wave at any TJ, YJ, CJ, and modded XJs, WJs, KJs, etc... those bums in the stock Cherokee's don't ever wave to me, so screw 'em!

I actually wheeled out at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes one day with a bone-stock KJ, he was a real cool dude. He sparked up a conversation on account of I had an air pressure gauge and he didn't. Couldn't keep up with me, but cool nonetheless!
Mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #100
-Deepskyy-
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm starting to dislike winter due to the lack of the wave. Its so much harder to see if someone is waving when their hands are in the cab.
-Lt. General Charles, Earl Cornwallis after the battle of Guilford Courthouse NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime05 View Post
Females are a dime-a-dozen. Jeeps are forever. Easy choice. Be indispensible or be gone. :wave:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
We are Jeepforum. We can do the unthinkable. We are Jeep strong. And head stubborn. We are. JEEPFORUM.
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Red Jeep #543
-Deepskyy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #101
foxtrot20
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I give the wave to all jeeper's. I do however get some strange looks when I wave and I am driving my Focus! My YJ is getting work done so I want to make sure it is a habit when I get it back on the road.
foxtrot20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #102
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Ive had my jeep for about 2 weeks now and i got my first Jeep wave!!!! It felt like a right of passage. I loved it!
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #103
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
Ive had my jeep for about 2 weeks now and i got my first Jeep wave!!!! It felt like a right of passage. I loved it!
Congrats!
Unread 01-15-2010, 03:09 AM   #104
corndogduff

I've only gotten one wave since I got the XJ
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 04:20 AM   #105
Mud-n-Beer
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The Jeep wave is kind of a pain in the *** to me, since I pass so many where ever I go. I normally wait untill they wave before I wave, but sometimes I wave first, but they don't wave back, and it kinda pisses me off, cause I think they are going to give me the wave, but dont.

Its mostly older people, or stuck up women that do that kinda ****.

Any who, who gives a ****!!!!!

To all the ones that give me a wave.

to all the party poopers!!!!!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.