jeep wave - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > jeep wave

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #76
Meiacanthus
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997ddzj View Post
Sometimes if i cant see the person, say im on the highway and cant see over the barrier, i know people can see my roof rack. So ill flash my roof lights with the KC smiley covers on em. That way they see 4 yellow friendly smiles.
For some reason, this post reminds me of scary clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by semikrazy View Post
Ya'll would feel special in small towns of Texas, everyone waves no matter what you drive. They have been doing that for 100 years and still do it. In Oregon other CJ, YJ, TJ, and JK do the Jeep wave. The thing that is starting to bug me is everytime I drive the CJ I get asked if I want to sell it. Sitting at red lights and hear Hey you want to sell that Jeep, and when I park and go into the store come out and there is a note on the windsheild wiper asking if I want to sell. Stop it, my Jeep is not for sale.
You need to get a customized spare tire cover. It should read "Jeep For Sale? Please call 555-GET-REAL"

LOL

Meiacanthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #77
03JeepTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Im here deep South Texas.. and Jeeps are overly priced here and limited, but anyone who drives a jeep and has a minor mod gets a friendy wave, or a friendy 2 honk.. I freaked out when I first bought my jeep, I kept getting 2 honks and I started to think, well hey, I must be doing something wrong if they keep honking.. But I read up on it and it was a jeep wave. So now when I get a friendly 2 honk, or a wave, Ill repeat it back to them.
Unread 11-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #78
Meiacanthus
1995 YJ Wrangler 

As long as no one is flipping the bird, I'm okay with the waving. The honking, well, I'm used to being honked at LOL
Unread 11-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #79
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiacanthus View Post
As long as no one is flipping the bird, I'm okay with the waving. The honking, well, I'm used to being honked at LOL
I would honk at you; not every day you see a FISH driving down the road in a Jeep
Unread 11-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #80
Meiacanthus
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Not just any fish...a venomous one LOL
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #81
sledgehammer199
2005 WK 

I finally have the Jeep for the next few weeks while I am back at school. Time to start waving! I do pass others in my same Jeep, but they are usually older people or women who seems like they wouldn't wave back.
sledgehammer199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #82
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I was driving home on the highway from my college campus a few days ago and all of sudden there was a green 98 XJ that looked almost identical to mine right next to me. It took me a while to notice but the driver and his wife were frantically waving at me. I waved back and thought it was pretty awesome as both of our Jeeps looked almost the same covered in mud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #83
Defiance665
1997 XJ Cherokee 

My girlfriend drives a cherokee sport, stock with wide 235 tires and nice rims. Its shiney and black! lol.. We try to wave at all the Cherokees, TJs, Yjs, etc we see (anything but the newer jeeps like commanders, etc)... NEVER have we got a wave back.. PEOPLE SUCK! lol
Defiance665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #84
sledgehammer199
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance665 View Post
My girlfriend drives a cherokee sport, stock with wide 235 tires and nice rims. Its shiney and black! lol.. We try to wave at all the Cherokees, TJs, Yjs, etc we see (anything but the newer jeeps like commanders, etc)... NEVER have we got a wave back.. PEOPLE SUCK! lol
I drive a new Grand Cherokee and I will usually wave at the wranglers, CJs, and any modified Jeep. But when I see the newer Jeeps, I usually look at the drivers before I even wave. I have never gotten a wave back from a newer Jeep yet.
Unread 12-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #85
CMEvans79
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm telling you, I have never received a wave back from a Commander, Liberty, or KJ ... I had a guy in a compass wave at me and I figured I would return it to be nice, but thats not a real jeep.
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #86
Defiance665
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Tried waving to 4 cherokees today.. No one waved back...
Defiance665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #87
Damon1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I wave... and get waves.. every time I drive my TJ.
Damon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #88
sledgehammer199
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance665 View Post
Tried waving to 4 cherokees today.. No one waved back...
That seems to be the issue. I waved to 4 myself today and not one waved back to me. I waved from inside the Jeep, but I think I may start lowering the window and wave outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon1 View Post
I wave... and get waves.. every time I drive my TJ.
I would expect more waves from a TJ though. There are so many Jeeps on the road and yet so many people who don't know the wave.
Unread 12-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #89
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

Where im from in ky everybody waves at everybody, but i especially wave at other wheelers.
Unread 12-03-2009, 11:37 PM   #90
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

Nobody around here waves. I gave up waving to any jeep a long time ago.
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.