jeep wave - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > jeep wave

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #61
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I wave to any and ALL that look like they wheel. I'f you are in a tempo that looks like it just came off the trail, I wave. I can respect any jeep being used as god intended

Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #62
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I wave to everyone I see, but mostly just CJs, YJs and Tj/Ljs wave back
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #63
mcurcio1989
1976 CJ7 

I wave when i anticipate a waveback. Basically anyone who sees me should know that i am going to wave back (i think that can be said of any cj driver). I figure if someone who wants to wave that's driving a stock jk or liberty or something they know that i'll wave back so. I'm not gonna wave at a soccer mom or some prep girl they give you weird looks like your stalking them.

As a side not i got my first wave from a four door jk today. . .its been a long time coming.

I have a dana 30 front axle and amc 20 rear if anyone is looking. Both are 3.54, drums, narrowtrack.
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 08:48 PM   #64
kwkouki
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I usually give them a "sup" hand gesture *kind of like a 1 or 2 fingered flick out the window* the majority of them wave back...but most stock ones look at you like O_o
kwkouki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #65
deerhunter1911
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i always wave; there is even a guy in a gaudy, orange jeep with fake diamond-plate sliders and corner armor, full black soft doors, and a tan top with racing stripes and jesus stickers on it; and he returns the wave, and seems real happy that i wave to him. always brightens my day when i get a wave back! i got 4 in a day once and was grinning all day long.

funny story: i was coming back from a wheeling trip, totally topless and stripped (the jeep...) and my red '97 TJ was BROWN from head to toe. well, i was stuck in traffic and this CJ7 comes driving by in the exit ramp lane and slows down, honks, flashes the bull horns, and yells "love the paint job bro!" I was cheesin' to say the least, lol.
Red Jeep Club member # 389

FLY NAVY!
deerhunter1911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #66
sledgehammer199
2005 WK 

I really love the Jeep wave. I never got to drive a Jeep yet other than my mom's WK Jeep Grand Cherokee. She is giving it to me in a few months and we are putting a 3.5" lift on it. We already have 31" tires on it. I am only 19 so when I rode with my mom in her wrangler she had before, I never understood it till I asked. I can't wait to wave with the Jeep. Better yet when my dad and I get the 84 CJ-7 we are rebuilding finished in April. I can see how it would brighten up someones day.
sledgehammer199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #67
BrandonJames
1974 CJ5 

I was driving the CJ on the way back from picking it up, and i got my first 2 waves one from a XJ and one from a older man in a liberty.

-Brandon
BrandonJames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #68
99xjjoe
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I drove many jeeps and i rock the thumbs up to other jeeps and hot rods but never once did i get anything thing in return....until the other day im driving my GF's stock 06 kj and i get a wave from a nice wrangler on 35's
99xjjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #69
shelli1571
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Some of us chicks do wave I wave to other Wranglers but don't usually wave to any other Jeeps cause they usually don't wave back. I usually get waves from other TJs. I do seem to get more waves also when I have the top down cause I guess the guys see i'm a chick, LOL.
Unread 11-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #70
mcurcio1989
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkouki View Post
I usually give them a "sup" hand gesture *kind of like a 1 or 2 fingered flick out the window* the majority of them wave back...but most stock ones look at you like O_o
thats funny because whenever i do that style wave i have a desire to say sup. Usually when im in my jeep i just lift my hand of the wheel so this is not the case. However when im on my r6 the motorcycle wave is always two fingers and hand out and i always say sup in my head. Its weird.

I have a dana 30 front axle and amc 20 rear if anyone is looking. Both are 3.54, drums, narrowtrack.
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #71
Thirty-Eight
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My Ex used to flash her tater tots......

"If I were two faced, why in hell would i wear this one?"-___Abraham Lincoln

"Men are like steel.When they lose their temper, they lose their worth"_____Chuck Norris
Thirty-Eight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #72
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Eight View Post
My Ex used to flash her tater tots......
now THAT'S the spirt!!
Unread 11-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #73
mageedog
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This is my first jeep at 37 years old and the wave is on around here.They usually beat me to it though
mageedog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #74
semikrazy
1976 CJ5 

Ya'll would feel special in small towns of Texas, everyone waves no matter what you drive. They have been doing that for 100 years and still do it. In Oregon other CJ, YJ, TJ, and JK do the Jeep wave. The thing that is starting to bug me is everytime I drive the CJ I get asked if I want to sell it. Sitting at red lights and hear Hey you want to sell that Jeep, and when I park and go into the store come out and there is a note on the windsheild wiper asking if I want to sell. Stop it, my Jeep is not for sale.
semikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2009, 10:37 PM   #75
98GooseXJ14
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I know a few people around here that own jeeps, pretty much just wave to them or my buddies.
98GooseXJ14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.