Jeep Ruined My Date. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Jeep Ruined My Date.

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
HowlingMMurdock
1996 ZJ 

Jeep Ruined My Date.

Well. Title says it all.. Today I drove 30-ish minutes away to pick up a girl to go to the movies with. Had a bit of complications with GPS but finally made it to the meet up and waited at Arbys for her to arrive.. Went inside and got a drink and Mozzarella sticks and here she is. So we go out and get in the Jeep, and it must have gotten very jealous because all she gave me was a 'Click' each turn of the key.. So we pull someone over for a jump and try again.. 'Click'.. So since I have very little knowledge about auto mechanics (I'm a pinsetter Mechanic at a bowling alley. BIG DIFFERENCE.) I didn't know what to do.. We waited about an hour and she had to go otherwise she'd be stuck with me all night and I'd have to get her home sometime by 3 and I get off at 2AM... about an hours drive away from her.. So that wasn't happening.. So I wait for backup alone in the Arbys parking lot looking over the maintenance book looking for ideas and texting my co-worker to see if he had any Ideas.. Tapped on the starter, Nothing. Cleaned terminals with a wire brush.. Nothing.. Backup finally arrives and we decide to spring for the starter. So off to Advance Auto Parts. (Had just enough in the bank to cover it. Left with only $30 now.) Head back to Arbys and crawl under the Jeep and started to get to know her better.. Swap out the starter TWICE because I'm an idiot and put the old one BACK on. Finally get everything hooked up and back how It should be. With a few cuts and black arms later. Turn her over and she comes to life. Finally! Then I had to rush home for a quick shower and on my way to work was blinded by rain and almost wrecked her thanks to a big puddle someone splashed up in my face at an intersection..

Now I get to deal with the annoying bowlers and even more annoying Pinsetters. I hope they are calm tonight. I don't feel like catching calls tonight. Might just go for quick cat naps here and there after the other mechanic leaves.

That was my day today.. I'm just Lucky it was the Starter. I was out of AAA coverage and couldn't afford a tow. Thank God it wasn't the alternator.. I might keep a spare starter in the trunk now just in case. THANK YOU ZJ. Guess it's her way of telling me to pay her more attention.

HowlingMMurdock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
HAYSHAKER170
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh that sucks! I think she owes you a do over. But don't be surprised if she insists on driving.
HAYSHAKER170 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #3
HowlingMMurdock
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAYSHAKER170 View Post
Oh that sucks! I think she owes you a do over. But don't be surprised if she insists on driving.
She doesn't have a license yet. I think i'm good. But she might insist anyway.
HowlingMMurdock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #4
Bear304inc
1998 ZJ 

Man that's tuff, hard to look cool when your rig won't start. Glad you got the starter figured,, but it sounds like my kinda luck,, literally made me laugh out loud when I read you put the old one back on! Because I actually have done that,, years ago, but hilarious just the same. Agree with above, hope you get a do over. Good luck.
Bear304inc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
darth_kwan_doh

Shoulda invited her for a tour behind the scenes of the bowling alley.
darth_kwan_doh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
starter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.