Idaho Jeep in Moab 2010 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Idaho Jeep in Moab 2010

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #61
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just an amazing thread! I spent almost my entire day at work looking at the awesome pics you guys took. Being farely new to the Jeepn community I hope to someday make it out there.

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #62
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I wont be out for EJS this year as it doesn't coincide with Spring break for my kids I don't think. I would love to do Behind the rocks and Golden Spike if I did. Money is getting tougher these days - architectural business has dried up a lot. May have to move which we are not happy about but gotta do what you gotta do right?

Sorry to hear about your parents Dax!
Yeah very true! Sorry to hear that though Jevon Are you still planning on coming out before or after EJS like you did 2 years ago or not at all? It would be odd having a spring and not wheelin with you at least once. It does seem like money is tight for everyone theses days. Also I am sorry to hear that you might have to move... also good luck if you do! We seem to be moving a lot lately lol

Quote:
Dax I am sorry to hear about your parents also. Nevermind on the camping. The way things are looking I may not make it out there this year. I hope so, but not sure. Good luck with the Jeep and keep us posted.
Thanks Steve. You might not make it either... wow sounds like its going to be a quiet spring. How come? Money issues as well? I hope everyone is OK. By the way I was just reading through your build thread and WOW your jeep has changed a lot!!! What a beast! I cant believe that articulation! Looking awesome buddy! If you keep going at that rate you will be doing Helldorado the next time you come out here!

Quote:
Just an amazing thread! I spent almost my entire day at work looking at the awesome pics you guys took. Being farely new to the Jeepn community I hope to someday make it out there.
You will. Just watch out its an addicting place! I grew up in Torrington CT and now I live out here full time.
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #63
justanotherjpr

Awesome pics!
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #64
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You will. Just watch out its an addicting place! I grew up in Torrington CT and now I live out here full time.[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome! Was it the 4 wheelin that brought you out there? Also do people with farely stock Jeeps go out to Moab and come back in one piece?
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #65
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If ya drive with some sense then there's tons of stuff ya can do out there with a stock Jeep. Traction is amazing so there's not really a need for heavy throttle. That alone will keep from breaking alot of parts.

And choose your battles! Know when to say "I'm not comfortable with this, I'll take a bypass". Small things like that will go a long way.

We drove 1350 miles one way to get there and ran for 9 days and drove home. No trailers. I talked to 2 guys on our first day there in a stock JK that had drove out from Maine or Massachusetts just for EJS! I thought we had a long trip Take the time to go once and you'll wanna go back again!
2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #66
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for asking Dax. Everyone is ok, just an ongoing battle with my ex wife. The next court date is going to be sometime in Apr. So I don't know yet if we will make it for EJS. Money is always tight.
Everyone should make a trip to Moab at least once.
Heldorado? I thought Pritchard canyon was the hardest trail out their?
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #67
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Thats awesome! Was it the 4 wheelin that brought you out there? Also do people with farely stock Jeeps go out to Moab and come back in one piece?
The wheeling among other things like hiking, mtn biking, skiing, rafting, etc...yeah I am an outdoors kind of person lol Yes there are a ton of trails out here a stock jeep can do! A lot of people think you need a really modded jeep to come run here but that is so not true. I used to have the list but I cant find it at the moment but my Dad did like almost 30 trails out here in his stock Cherokee. Some were a little much but in general there is ton of stuff you can run here no matter what you have for mods.

Quote:
Thanks for asking Dax. Everyone is ok, just an ongoing battle with my ex wife. The next court date is going to be sometime in Apr. So I don't know yet if we will make it for EJS. Money is always tight.
Everyone should make a trip to Moab at least once.
Heldorado? I thought Pritchard canyon was the hardest trail out their?
Ahhh... I hear ya! My parents are going through a pretty nasty court battle at the moment as well. I told them to try to settle it out of court but they couldnt manage it. The only people that ever make out big are the lawyers and its always a big long drawn out stressful process that costs a ton of money. I feel your pain there Steve... I wish you all the luck I can and hope everything turns out well in the end. Pritchett is basically the hardest trail in Moab. I don't count the Area BFE trails since most are rock crawler territory. But if you want to count them Heldorado is one of the harder ones at BFE. Here are some pics...

The Waterfall

Breakover Rock

Squeeze Rock

Random Shots

6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Unread 12-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #68
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff333 View Post
The wheeling among other things like hiking, mtn biking, skiing, rafting, etc...yeah I am an outdoors kind of person lol Yes there are a ton of trails out here a stock jeep can do! A lot of people think you need a really modded jeep to come run here but that is so not true. I used to have the list but I cant find it at the moment but my Dad did like almost 30 trails out here in his stock Cherokee. Some were a little much but in general there is ton of stuff you can run here no matter what you have for mods.

Ahhh... I hear ya! My parents are going through a pretty nasty court battle at the moment as well. I told them to try to settle it out of court but they couldnt manage it. The only people that ever make out big are the lawyers and its always a big long drawn out stressful process that costs a ton of money. I feel your pain there Steve... I wish you all the luck I can and hope everything turns out well in the end. Pritchett is basically the hardest trail in Moab. I don't count the Area BFE trails since most are rock crawler territory. But if you want to count them Heldorado is one of the harder ones at BFE. Here are some pics...

The Waterfall

Breakover Rock

Squeeze Rock

Random Shots

I think that is a little out of my leage.
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #69
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Dax that waterfall pic is awesome! Def something I wouldnt be able to pull off or even try for that matter.

Are there any good websites I can research Moab if I ever want to make a trip out that way someday for someone whos never been?
Unread 12-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #70
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Dax that waterfall pic is awesome! Def something I wouldnt be able to pull off or even try for that matter.

Are there any good websites I can research Moab if I ever want to make a trip out that way someday for someone whos never been?
There's actually alot on this site if ya search a little. There's some in General Discussion, some in Wrangler Technical and a few others. People ask what trails for their build-up, what's the best to run, ect...

Pull up one of the forums and then in the upper right of the screen there's a "search" icon. Just go from there.
2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #71
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I think that is a little out of my leage.
Yeah its out of most people league... that's why I don't really count those trails lol The are awesome though... just walking upper Helldorado will blow your mind

Quote:
I was going to suggest the same thing John did... if you do some searching you can find a ton of stuff on Moab right here on Jeep Forum. This is where I always ask or search for all my jeep related questions. I am a member on other jeep forums as well but this one is the biggest and most comprehensive.
Unread 12-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #72
fowfiddy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i have looked at these treads a number of times the past few weeks. thanks for the great pictures. my trip to moab is planned fr may 2012
fowfiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #73
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Look at my first post in my other Moab thread - there are a few good websites to do a little more reading on trails, trips etc..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...p-moab-749235/
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #74
Mitchness
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just got done with the whole thread. Motivating to say the least, and only steels my resolve to get out there some day. Maybe this coming spring/summer.

You did a hell of a job documenting the whole trip, Idaho-Jeep. Amazing photos and great commentary. Really a pleasure of a thread to read.
Mitchness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 01:26 AM   #75
Kaotic55
1955 CJ5 

Just. . . AMAZING!!
Kaotic55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.