Idaho Jeep in Moab 2010 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Idaho Jeep in Moab 2010

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #46
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

More to come but I gotta go run errands!

2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #47
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mox View Post
Enzo aka mryj
You sure that's not Bill Cowher?
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #48
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Next is Poison Spider Mesa. This was another one I liked very well.

On the way

Enzo running my Jeep in some sections. You can't come to Moab from Germany and not get to drive!!

One of the natural bridges where we stopped for lunch

Nice Jeep featured in Crawl recently. I think those are 49" tires
2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

Unread 05-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #49
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Some Indian writing on the rock faces on the road to Poison Spider

We ran Tip Toe Behind the Rocks for Big Saturday. I have to say I was kinda disappointed in this trail. It was more backroads with a few ledges and climbs in it. That's fine though, because my Jeep was in good shape and ready for the 1350 mile trip home the next day. Pretty good way to leave out I'd say.

And back to Potato Salad Hill for Big Saturday! My son had rode down with Dax and I was to meet them there. On my way I called Dax's phone and my son answered. I said "let me talk to Dax" and he said "uuhhh he's a little busy now because we're going up Potato Salad". Well I found out he broke a u-joint and rolled back into another vehicle going up behind him! Just some damage to his rear hatch but nothing major. Maybe he can post pictures of that. It was a madhouse down there! I wasn't able to drive down to it because the sheriff's department had closed the road down, so a decent trek later I arrived there.

And some more carnage for everyones enjoyment!

This guy just got done rolling

Nice ride in the parking lot

Nice ride here too, but he got denied on this line

Well that's it for me till I get Tina's pictures and then I may add some more. It was back to reality the next morning and off to Missouri. I about cried in the gas station parking lot. My eyes were welling up on the thought of leaving. It was by and far the best Jeeping trip I've had. It also made a difference that we were there for 9 days. If you ever go take the time to stay at least a week and you still won't see it all. There's lots to do and more to see. I'm ready to go back!!!!

Thanks to everyone for making this a wonderful trip!

Last edited by J-Mox; 05-28-2010 at 05:25 PM..
Unread 05-29-2010, 12:41 AM   #50
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great photos J-Mox!
I have Tina's photos still on the external HD. I will be sending it off to Dax on Monday..and then I think it will be sent on to you...
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #51
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I look forward to going back again. Maybe we can all meet up again!

Have ya got any big wheeling plans for the summer?

Unread 05-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #52
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

nothing really big no.... The Idaho State 4x4 assoc. annual trail ride is coming up in a few weeks and it happens to be near where I live so I might do that... other than that - just weekend stuff with my kids. You?
Unread 05-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #53
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Gonna go to Gateway to the Cumberlands Jeep Jamboree in October for sure, Jeepstock in September (St.Louis based club event) , I'm sure a couple of local rides in Kentucky during the summer and Enzo is coming here the 23rd of June so we are trying to plan some rides while he's here.

Steve asked me about going to SMORR in 2 weeks but my wife would only be able to go for one day and I'm not sure if I'll go without her. She likes to go and hasn't been on any since last summer. She missed the 2009 Jeepstock due to having surgery and couldn't go to Moab so I might be in the doghouse if she misses more!

You should come out East sometime and run some trails!

Unread 07-13-2010, 02:07 AM   #54
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho-Jeep View Post
Great photos J-Mox!
I have Tina's photos still on the external HD. I will be sending it off to Dax on Monday..and then I think it will be sent on to you...
Has anyone heard from Dax? I think he got lost in Mexico. I am not sure if he ever got the hard drive.
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #55
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Has anyone heard from Dax? I think he got lost in Mexico. I am not sure if he ever got the hard drive.
Yep they took me captive down there and I just escaped! lol Awesome TR's and pictures guys! Its funny my life got so busy after EJS that I never even came on here till now to see what everyone had posted. Then last night I was like wow I got to check that out. Great TR as always Jevon! Sorry to hear you trip had to end the way it did. Not a good goodbye there That was funny some of the pics of my Dad on PSM.

Quote:
I don't recall exactly where this was at but was told this was on Hells (I thought it was on Poison Spider).... I don't remember this spot being all that difficult but it did create a nice series of photos. This was a slow climb, but because the one tire came off the ground it looks like Im really on the skinny pedal.
You are right Jevon, that was on Poison Spider. That's called Pre Launch Pad since it is a smaller version of Launch Pad which is on Golden Spike. Pre Launch is the obstacle before The Waterfall.

Hey thanks for the pics of me on PSH John! Those are a few I didn't have.

Quote:
And back to Potato Salad Hill for Big Saturday! My son had rode down with Dax and I was to meet them there. On my way I called Dax's phone and my son answered. I said "let me talk to Dax" and he said "uuhhh he's a little busy now because we're going up Potato Salad". Well I found out he broke a u-joint and rolled back into another vehicle going up behind him! Just some damage to his rear hatch but nothing major. Maybe he can post pictures of that. It was a madhouse down there! I wasn't able to drive down to it because the sheriff's department had closed the road down, so a decent trek later I arrived there.
Yeah that was a crazy last night at PSH. When my U joint snapped I slid backwards down the whole hill pretty much out of control. I hit a yellow Cherokee that was right behind me "in my opinion way to close to the bottom". Lucky it was that beat up yellow jeep in some of those pics that rolled and the guy didn't care at all. I think he knew he was in wrong place as well. I am just glad I managed to keep it in a straight line going down and didn't end up rolling. If I went sideways it could of happened pretty easy because I was sliding pretty fast. I was also glad I had made all the kids get out of the jeep by that point even though they weren't to happy about it at the time they agreed with me later. I don't think I ever took any pics of the smashed up hatch but I still could since its still the same way lol Anyway I enjoyed reading through this thread guys and thanks again to everyone! I had an awesome time this year! I think its about time to start planning next year
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #56
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well it's about time you re-surfaced around here!!

Hope everythings going ok since the last time we e-mailed. I'm hoping to make it out there again next year but it may depend on how much money I gotta spend on Cole's Cherokee to get it running.

Unread 12-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #57
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So start planing our trails. I want to do Prichard, Behind the rocks, and golden spike for sure. I am only planning on running big sat with ejs. We are planning on coming out on the 15th till the 24th. Any chance at camping at your parents again?
Unread 12-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #58
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Well it's about time you re-surfaced around here!!

Hope everythings going ok since the last time we e-mailed. I'm hoping to make it out there again next year but it may depend on how much money I gotta spend on Cole's Cherokee to get it running.

Yeah we are just keepin on keepin on out here. Things could be a bit better but overall I cant complain... we are doing pretty good. Hows Cole's Cherokee doing anyway? Any luck with fixing it yet? I hear you when it comes to the money issue! Between helping my mom pay the bills, Christmas coming up, airline tickets to fly out and see my grandmother for the holidays, a little incident that happened up in SLC that I wont get onto on here that turned out be be very expensive and other random things I am short on cash as well. Currently I am in the process of getting a hold of a Dana 44 with blown gears from my buddy in Moab for the back of the Cherokee. I am going to rebuild it with new parts, gears and hopefully a locker. I am hoping to have it in by EJS along with some other stuff for the Cherokee but its all going to depend on money as well. Unfortunately at the moment its not the priority.

Quote:
So start planing our trails. I want to do Prichard, Behind the rocks, and golden spike for sure. I am only planning on running big sat with ejs. We are planning on coming out on the 15th till the 24th. Any chance at camping at your parents again?
Well thats also going to depend on weather or not I get that axle in. I wont do Pritchett without at least one locker because I will just be winching the whole way. I don't know if Jevon is going to run with us again... I am sure he will at least for some of the days. If he does I doubt he will be up for Pritchett but I could be wrong. I am def down for Golden Spike with or without a locker and I would consider Behind The Rocks since there are some bypasses. I will be game for all three if I get the locker in. Just Big Saturday for EJS sounds good to me as well! I am surprised you are even considering camping at the property after last year LOL As I told John my parents split up this past summer. My mom has moved to another place in the valley so its just my Dad up at the cabin. I am sure he would be more than happy to let you guys camp there again though. I will ask him to make sure the next time I see him.
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #59
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I wont be out for EJS this year as it doesn't coincide with Spring break for my kids I don't think. I would love to do Behind the rocks and Golden Spike if I did. Money is getting tougher these days - architectural business has dried up a lot. May have to move which we are not happy about but gotta do what you gotta do right?

Sorry to hear about your parents Dax!
Unread 12-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #60
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dax I am sorry to hear about your parents also. Nevermind on the camping. The way things are looking I may not make it out there this year. I hope so, but not sure. Good luck with the Jeep and keep us posted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.