Idaho Jeep in Moab 2010 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Idaho Jeep in Moab 2010

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #31
Nicho
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Idaho-Jeep

Looks like a great trip and the photos are just awesome! Thanks!

Nicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #32
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great job Jevon!!
2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #33
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Great pictures. I'm jealous.
Was your son really asleep? That was funny!!!!!
Cuder is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #34
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Great job Jevon. Tina will appriciate your kind words. I still have not gotten thru all the pictures yet. I am supposed to be on vacation this week, but here I am at work. LOL. Very nice right up. Oh yeah I think you were right about the pic with your tire in the air. I was thinking it was the steep little climb right by the sandy play area, but it is not. Sorry about that.
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #35
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Excellent. It does a lot to make me even more impatient to get a group out to Moab some time this year.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 07:13 AM   #36
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanBCguy View Post
Didn't you have troubles of some sort last year with the same accomodations?
Last year it was a hotel we stayed at that was nasty.... Not Arch-View.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuder View Post
Great pictures. I'm jealous.
Was your son really asleep? That was funny!!!!!
No, he was just being weird so I took a photo.
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #37
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

I made a quick trip to Moab a couple weeks ago for a RECON run, we are going to haul the CJ up in October to spend a couple days if you have the time, come join us!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #38
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I will try and post up some this weekend that I took. It looks like you took some from everyones pictures and did a great job of putting them together. I still have not seen Tina's pictures so I'd like to check them out soon.

Sorry nobody started a thread sooner but I just posted a link on the EJS thread. Since your the famous one more people will look at a thread you make than the rest of us anyway
2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

Unread 05-28-2010, 07:46 AM   #39
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, here's a report on my part of the Easter Jeep Safari 2010 Adventure. I know it won't be as detailed or exciting as the "Famous Idaho-Jeep" but here it is. JK.. Jevon!! Really everyone, he's a great guy who was a joy to meet and talk to, and had a great family also! And the Jeep is all it's made out to be. The thing is smooth and the attention to detail is top notch! I really can appreciate the time he's taken to make it right. I wish mine was that nice.

It all started as reading about the Easter Jeep Safari thread that Cliff333 had started and looking at it often. Well after checking out some of the profiles of people posting I found out Redarcher89 and Howdy were only 5 miles away from me. Actually I have wheeled with Howdy before in the past and didn't realize it was him and that Redarcher was his son. So a few PM's later we met up and did some talking about driving out for this. But...... I had a problem at work. Two of the vacation days I needed another girl had, and she had more senority than me She has worked with me in the past about trading days but this time was different, her daughter was getting married and she had a ton of work to do and the days I needed she had family coming in from out of town. I fully understood this and was not mad at her but it was frustrating. Well at the end by luck, I had nothing to do with it, she was moved to another area and it opened up the days I needed so it was a scramble to get my stuff together.

Well I started making the travel plans with Howdy and Redarcher and at the same time checking up on his progress with his build. To make a long story short, I helped Redarcher a little to get his Jeep ready for the trip so we could all go, but it was down to the wire!!

I had my Jeep all loaded, washed and waxed for the 1350 mile trip out. Well that lasted all of about 0 seconds since it was pouring rain the day we left. Not a great start. I helped Redarcher out for the first 500 miles by pulling a trailer so to give his brand new gears a little easier chance to break-in. We had to stop and re-adjust the load to make it pull easier and then retarp within the first 15 miles, all in the heavy rain!

Gas stop somewhere in the middle of the night.

The trip went pretty fair other than getting VERY tired since we drove straight thru, till we hit Vail, CO then the fun began again!! Hit a snowstorm that changed from dry roads to 25mph within 1/4 mile! Maybe thats normal for there but I've never seen changes that fast. We made it thru ok but we were afraid that the road would get closed and we'd be stuck for awhile.

Myself and Howdy at a gas station in Vail

It snowed for quite a ways and then came Glenwood Canyon. It was beautiful thru there with the snow.

The famous rock slide that closed I-70

Unread 05-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #40
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

In Rifle, CO. we started to see the first signs of EJS

Finally got to Moab and I headed to Dax's place to set up camp while the others enjoyed their hotel room in town.

The trip out to Dax's house

After a little sleep and freezing our butts off during the night in our tent it was time to hit some trails the next day.

I won't cover all the trails since Idaho already did such a good job but I'll just add a few here and there.

Here's my son Cole on the overlook on Seven Mile Rim

The crack from a different angle

Unread 05-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #41
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The next day was Dome Plateau which was cut short but it worked out for the best in the long run. After 2 COLD nights in a tent and the threat of worse weather in the next few days we went back to town and found a hotel with a room available. So back to Dax's place to pack up everything and move into town.

A couple of Cole on Dome

Whats left of Dewey Bridge

Some sights from town

Unread 05-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #42
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Next day was Fins N Things

Can anyone guess who owns this Jeep?

Not sure of the name of this spot

More along the way

Baby Lions Back after the trail was over. We had a good time playing for a little while.

Potato Salad Hill

Dax on Potato

Nice $80,000 rig with a 14-15 year old driving. He did a good job and the rig was sweet!

Unread 05-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #43
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Off to Flat Iron Mesa. Idaho covered this pretty well and alot of the pictures were similar so I won't go thru all of it.

Easter Egg Hill

Intimidator

Unread 05-28-2010, 09:01 AM   #44
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hells Revenge turned out to be one of my favorites other than the 40-50mph winds that day. Hard to even stand up in places.

Melody, Redlyners wife, dropping into Hells Gate. Once in there your commited, so come prepared. Not really hard but it is intimidating concidering the outcome from a wrong line!

Cmoore going up Hells Gate

Dax

Myself

Other random shots

Last edited by J-Mox; 05-28-2010 at 11:35 AM..
Unread 05-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #45
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cmoore and Jevon on Escalator

Here's why nobody else tried it. A little paint scrapage!!

Tip Over Challenge

Next day for Moab Rim turned out as a bust due to snow. So we called it a relaxer and just hung out around the hotel and rested and did laundry.

Views from vendor show

Enzo aka mryj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.